The Suits and The Rings

Marriage of Convenience

Mingyu’s POV

I and Wonwoo arrived in front of a designer boutique. Of course, both of us coming from a quite wealthy family, our clothing will be personally designed for us. As we enter, we can see countless mannequins, each with a unique look.

Wonwoo approaches a shop assistant, “We’re here to test our clothes. I believe it was under the name of Kim Mingyu.

“Ah, yes of course.” The shop assistant replied. “We received your measurements from your assistants a month ago. Now we just need to test it, make some final alterations, and they’re yours.”

A month ago? Why didn’t anyone tell me about this. How long has this marriage been planned?

We moved to a changing room. The room is huge, unlike those small cubicles in general clothing stores. Wonwoo tried his clothing first, while I was just waiting outside for him to finish. When he finishes, he calls me.

When I enter the room, I look at Wonwoo, and damn… He’s fine. To say that he’s the fairest of them all is an understatement. He just has an aura that make you want to stare at him for hours and hours without getting bored.

… gyu? Hey, Mingyu!” He caught me staring at him. I can feel my face suddenly become red.

You’re hopeless.” He said as he pushes me outside the room. “There are more than one changing rooms, grab your clothes and start trying them. Now.

Just before he closes the door, “Wonwoo, wait.

You look handsome.

He ignores me and close the door, leaving me alone outside the changing room.

…………………………………………………………………………

Once we’re done with the clothes, we go to a famous jewellery shop to get our rings.

As we browse through the store, I noticed how Wonwoo looks at the rings collection. His face clearly shows his amazement at all the beautiful rings. His eyes open widely, and his mouth is slightly open, and sometimes he let out a very quiet “Wow” or “That’s pretty”. It’s a look that I haven’t seen in him for such a long time. He always had that face whenever I showed him new toys when we were young.

Mingyu? Mingyu! Hey!

Yes?

You’re staring at me again.

How can I not. I just love you that much.

Awkward silence…

Anyway, choose one.” He said while showing me 5 different rings. They’re all pretty, and it’s quiet hard to choose between them.

Then, my eyes go to one of the display. It was a rather simple ring; it doesn’t stand out. It has no diamonds or big gemstone, people can easily miss this ring if they are not looking carefully, but it has this beautiful carving that looks more beautiful the more you look at it. “That one.” I point at that ring.

Wonwoo follows my finger, and stay silent for a while. “Nice choice.” He said as he goes to the shop assistant.

…………………………………………………………………………

Finally. What’s next?” I asked, expecting more stuff to come.

Actually, this is it for today.” He answered. “Let’s just go home and take a rest. Tomorrow will be a long day.

But it’s only 3 PM. It’s too early to go home.

He frowns, “Well, what do you want to do?

I thought for a while, then say, “Hmm… I know! Let’s buy each other a present.

Present?” He looks confused.

Yes, present. When you think about me, what kind of gift do you want to give me? Think about it. We’ll go separately from here, and when we get back home, I’m expecting a nicely wrapped gift.” I said with a beaming smile.

Before he can protest, I run from him and shout, “It’s a promise, OK! I’ll be waiting.

Alright! What kind of gift should I get?

……………………………………………………………………..

I started to regret coming up with this idea. I have explored a shopping mall for almost 2 hours now, but I still haven’t found anything that can express my feeling for Wonwoo. I am too tired, so I go to a café to take a rest. There, I saw a few couples doing PDAs, holding hands, feeding each other…

Seriously?” I said quietly. Then, an idea strikes me. I immediately called one of the head maid. “Tonight Wonwoo and I are having our dinner in his room. Can you set a table there, please? And keep this a secret from him.

I went home with a bright smile on my face.

……………………………………………………………………………

When Wonwoo got home, I am already waiting in his room.

Mingyu, what are you doing here?” He asked, clearly surprised.

Tonight we’re having our dinner here.

Don’t tell me… Is this my gift?

Of course not. Now quick, sit down. Tell me, what do you get for me.

He produced a wooden box, and give it to me. I opened it, it was a pocket watch. Probably one of the most beautiful pocket watch I’ve ever seen, with gold chains, engraving on the lid. Even the numbers on the clock look beautiful. “Who still use a pocket watch nowadays?

Fine, if you don’t like it give it back!

I’m just joking, I like it.

I just…” He hesitates. “I want you to start taking responsibility. We won’t be young forever, you know. I want you to start taking stuff seriously. Otherwise, before you know it, you’re already old.

You are worried about me, aren’t you?

Of course I do! You’re my future husband. Where is my gift?” He demands.

Alright. Come here.

He comes closer, and I pull him closer. I kiss him, right in the lips. It took him a while to realize what’s happening, but soon enough, he starts kissing me back. Until we both have to part to breath.

I spent 3 hours looking for a gift, and this is all I got?” I can see his face become slightly redder, not much, but noticeable.

You don’t like it?

He avoided my gaze, and said, “Whatever. Where’s dinner?

………………………………………………………………………….

Chansol Corner

Chan’s parents are both well known in the culinary industry. His mother is a celebrity chef, while his father owns multiple 3-Michelin-star restaurants all across the globe. So, naturally, they want Chan to enter the culinary world.

“For today’s lesson, I want you to bake me a perfect chocolate soufflé.” Said the head-chef. “We’ve practiced making soufflé for 3 weeks, so I’m sure you’re capable of making it. I’ll have to go out for a while, but you can start now.”

As soon as the head-chef goes out, Chan opened a pack of flour, grab some with his hand, and throw it at Hansol. “Hey! We’re not supposed to…

Chan throw some more flour at Hansol, while laughing. “You! Get back here.” Hansol also grab some flour and start throwing it at Chan. What supposed to be a cooking class changed quickly into 2 teenagers playing with food ingredients.

“Ehm…” The head-chef clear his throat.

Ah… Head-chef… You’re back already…

“I thought I told you to…”

“This is not Hansol’s mistake. I’m the one that started it!” Chan said as he side-hug Hansol protectively. “Please don’t punish him. Punish me instead!” Chan begs with a puppy eyes. At that moment, Hansol can clearly feel his heartbeat become much louder and much faster than usual.

“Fine, just… Please take this lesson seriously.” The head-chef said as he sits in the corner to watch Chan and Hansol. “Now start!”