Nice Knowing You

Long Distance Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was twelve in the morning and Prom finally ended for the night. Seungcheol and Joshua went back home after Mrs.Hong dropped Chaeyool and her brother off at her house and Seungcheol could not smiling since it was the best night of his life. All the pictures that Mrs.Nam took were all sent to Seungcheol and Joshua but Seungcheol could not stop looking at them since they make him smile too much. As he got to his bedroom, his computer was ringing and Seungcheol quickly ran over to his desk still wearing his suit with his tie hanging off his neck very loose and he saw that Doyoon was calling him over Skype. 

"Seungcheol!" Doyoon happily called over the computer. 

"Doyoon! How have you been? How's New York?" Seungcheol asks with a smile, realizing that he missed his best friend a lot. 

"I've been well! New York is amazing! All the landscapes and the buildings are unbelievable! And the food!" Doyoon sighs over Skype. "It's just the best!" Doyoon laughs and notices that Seungcheol was all dressed up but he didn't know why. "Hey, why are you all dressed up? Did you have a date or something?" 

Seungcheol laughs as he takes his blue tie off. "Yeah, I did have a date." Seungcheol nods and Doyoon gasps. "Tonight was Prom, that's why."

"Prom!" Doyoon repeats with a yell. "Hansol!" Doyoon yells to a kid who ran up to Doyoon and sits by him. "Look at Seungcheol! He's all grown up!"

"Hansol?" Seungcheol saw how young the little kid that Doyoon was staying with. "Hi, I'm Seungcheol." He greets and Hansol smiles back. 

"Hi hyung!" Hansol waves back. "Nice to meet you!" 

"Yeah," Seungcheol nods. "Nice to meet you too." 

"Hey! Where's the member that you've been staying with?" Doyoon asks. 

"Jisoo!" Seungcheol yells and Joshua comes running in with his pajamas on. "Here he is," Seungcheol says and Joshua looks into the video camera of Seungcheol's MacBook and smiles. "Jisoo say hi, they're gonna be your future team members with us." 

"Hi! I'm Joshua!" Joshua greets until he sees Hansol standing right next to Doyoon. "Hey! Who's the little boy standing by you?" 

"Um, I'm 12 and my name's Hansol!" 

"Oh sorry," Joshua laughs. "You just look young and you're going to be a trainee with us?" Joshua asks and Hansol nods. "Since we're hogging our hyungs' computer, you should add me on Skype and let's talk! If you type in Joshua Hong, you should see my profile!" 

"Okay hyung!" Hansol agrees and leave Doyoon in his room by himself and Joshua leaves Seungcheol in his room. 

"So, who's the lucky girl you asked to Prom tonight?" Doyoon asks and Seungcheol hides his red cheeks when he started to think about Chaeyool. "Man, she's lucky to have you as her date." Doyoon smiles.

"Well her name's Chaeyool." Seungcheol looks off his computer and smiles again. "And yeah, I was lucky. I really thought she wouldn't accept my promposal but I could tell by her face when she saw me stand in her backyard of her parents' house." 

"Wow! You proposed to her? You need to send me the video and you should show me what she looks like!" 

Seungcheol quickly sent him the video of his proposing to Chaeyool over Skype and watched Doyoon's reaction as he watched the video with a big smile on his face. "Wow, you're such a romantic, Seungcheol." Doyoon comments. "Did you guys take any pictures for Prom?" 

"Of course we did! I'll send them to you right now from my phone!" Seungcheol says when he whipped his phone out and saw that he got a text message from Chaeyool.

[From: Nam Chaeyool] Hey, it's me. I'm sorry if you're sleeping right now and I'm bothering you but I wanted to tell you that I had the best time tonight and I hope that we can do something similar soon before you leave in a couple of months. Thank you for asking me to Prom and I bet some girl will be lucky to have you as a boyfriend or even a husband soon in the future. ❤️ Good night, Seungcheol. 

Seungcheol re-read the text with a smile on his face when Doyoon noticed that he was smiling at his phone. "Is that her?" 

"Yeah," Seungcheol nodded, still looking at his phone. 

"What'd she say?" 

"She said 'Thank you for asking her to Prom and she hopes that we can do something similar before I leave. She even said that there will be a lucky girl that will have me as a boyfriend or even as a husband but the truth is, I don't want another girl." Seungcheol spoke, trying not to cry at the same time. 

"You want her, don't you?" Doyoon asks, resting his cheek on the palm of his hand when he saw Seungcheol nod to his response. 

"Hey, just confess. She probably likes you too if you just tell her how you feel." Doyoon explained and Seungcheol shakes his head no. 

"I can't. No way." Seungcheol sighs. "Then we'll be in a long distance relationship and I don't want that and I know she doesn't want that."

"Doyoon! Hansol! Lights out!" Hansol's mom yelled over the computer. "It's getting late!" 

"Okay, Mrs.Chwe!" Doyoon yells back. "Sorry, Seungcheol. We'll talk when I wake up, alright?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter