New Student

Long Distance Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[Author's Notes] For my first 4 subscribers!

🎶🎶🎶

For Choi Seungcheol at age 15, he didn't think life was very hard, until he became a trainee for a company called Pledis. It wasn't hard for Seungcheol to make friends since he was pratically close to one boy who also joined the same day as Seungcheol. 

And his name was Jang Doyoon, 15 years old. 

Doyoon and Seungcheol became best friends right away. They would practice together, eat together, walk together, everything you would do with a best friend and to Seungcheol, he was a best friend that he has never had before until this point, hearing that he will get sent away to California for a whole year as a foreign exchange student. 

"What state did you get?" Doyoon asked as he review the plane ticket for next week. 

"California," Seungcheol replied with a whisper as he looked at his plane ticket for Delta airlines, feeling sad because he was separating Doyoon for a year. 

"You're lucky," Doyoon laughed. 

"Why? Where are you going, Doyoon?" Seungcheol asks while he starts to crumple the corner of his plane information nervously, hoping that Doyoon will be going to the same destination as him. 

"I'm going to be far away from you~" Doyoon sang which made Seungcheol sad even more. "I'm going to New York." 

Seungcheol frowned once again, hearing that his best friend will be across the country.

"Hey man," Doyoon lightly chuckled as he patted Seungcheol's shoulder. "Don't be sad, be happy" 

"How can I be happy when you're going to be thousands of miles away from me." Seungcheol explained. "We're going to be separated in two days." 

"Don't think it like that, hyung." Doyoon said before he made a line with his mouth. "Just think of it as a vacation, where we are going to school and stuff like that. Plus, we get to stay with a family who has a son who's going to join the group." 

"True," Seungcheol laughed knowing that his best friend was right. All he could think about his new life in California, where there were kids who weren't Korean or who didn't speak Korean, well if he was lucky, there might be a couple of students who may be Korean who speaks English and Korean. 

"And, we can always FaceTime at night or if we get off from school if you bring your MacBook with you." Doyoon mentioned which made Seungcheol happy all over again. 

"Deal!" Seungcheol smiled. "I'll even put it on the top of my list!" 

"Alright, hyung." 

🎶🎶🎶

[2 Days Later]

Seungcheol and Doyoon finally made it to Incheon airport where they were waiting for their flight to arrive. They stood close together since they didn't want to lose each other but they're gonna break when their flight gets here, meaning they won't get to see each other physically for a whole year. 

"I can't do this anymore," Seungcheol whispered, holding the bottom of his shirt. 

"Yes, you can!" Doyoon placed his hands on both of Seungcheol's shoulders and bent down so they can be face to face. "This is a one time opportunity and if we don't do this, we might not be able to debut since Mr.Kim said this is a good chance for us to learn English and the culture!" Doyoon sighed. "

"I know you're upset that we're leaving home and splitting up but trust me, we'll meet up again." Doyoon said softly when all of a sudden, he sees a tear coming out of Seungcheol's right eye. "Oh dude! Don't cry!"

"How can I?" Seungcheol sniffled. "What if they're happy tears?" 

"Oh whatever," Doyoon laughed. 

"FLIGHT 290 FOR LOS ANGELES NOW BOARDING." 

"Well," Seungcheol sighed. "I guess my flight's here." 

"Yeah," Doyoon shrugged. "I kinda figured." 

"Well, goodbye." Seungcheol waved to Doyoon after he adjusted the strap of his backpack. Seungcheol slowly started walking towards the gate until he approached the ticket lady. After he got his ticket scanned, Doyoon had something final to say. 

"IT'S NOT A GOODBYE, CHOI SEUNGCHEOL! IT'S SEE YOU LATER!" Doyoon yelled which didn't catch the attention of the other passenger. 

"Right," Seungcheol whispered before he smiled. "See you later." 

🎶🎶🎶

The flight to Los Angeles took about a day without any stops made Seungcheol really stiff since he couldn't move. He was glad when he heard that he would be landing in about 15 minutes so he couldn't help but to look out of the airplane window, to see all the sun that would be surrounding him for the next year. The plane finally landed before Seungcheol could have the chance to pick up his things and exit. He felt bad that he made a little mess but it wasn't as big like the people around him, eating their potato chips and have their crumbs fall to the floor. 

*And I thought I was worse.* Seungcheol thought before he left his aisle and walked down the long plane. Once Seungcheol got off the airplane, he wondered if his host family would be there yet so once he left the gate to go find his luggage, Seungcheol took out his information about who his host family was and he read that the family had a son that was around his age but Seungcheol was older by a couple of months. He kept walking further until he saw a Asian family who had a sign written in Korean in the son's hand that said:

Welcome to Los Angeles, Seungcheol hyung! 

Seungcheol already had a smile on his face when he slowly walked towards the family that consisted a woman and her son. "Hello," Seungcheol bowed politely and the family bowed back. 

"Hi! You must be Choi Seungcheol, right?" The boy's mom asked which Seungcheol just nodded to. 

"I'm Jenny Hong or Hong Minhee, whatever floats your boat. my husband isn't here since he's too busy with work but he will meet you when he comes home tonight." Mrs.Hong chuckled. "And this is my son Joshua." 

"Nice to meet you, hyung." Joshua bowed to Seungcheol. 

Hyung. What Seungcheol thought when Doyoon was the only one who called him hyung. From all the times that they spent together and he remembers everytime Doyoon calls him hyung. 

"Seungcheol hyung?" Joshua called and broke Seungcheol's train of thought. 

"Huh?" Seungcheol blinked. "I'm sorry." 

"What are you sorry for, honey?" Mrs.Hong placed a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe you're just a bit tired so we should hurry and get you back to our home."

"Mom, we have to get his luggage too." Joshua added. 

"Oh right!" Mrs.Hong laughed. "Let's go, shall we?" 

🎶🎶🎶

 After finding Seungcheol's luggage, it took about a 20 minute car ride to Joshua's house. Once the three arrived, Seungcheol was fascinated when he saw Joshua's house, Seungcheol's new home for the year. Joshua's house wasn't too big nor too small. It was a house that had three bedrooms, a room for Joshua, a room for Mr and Mrs. Hong and now their guest bedroom was now Seungcheol's room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter