Are You Okay?

Dumb Shots

   Are you okay?


 I’m never sure anymore.


 Your smile never reaches your eyes and you don’t wave at me anymore. 


 You give me this half crooked smile that says you acknowledge me,

   but not enough to put actual feelings behind it.


 Your shirt is wrinkled and your shoelaces are uneven.


 You are known as a perfectionist.


 One of the many qualities I love about you, but you don’t even bother to try today.


 Are you tired?


 You haven’t spoken a word to me today, but I can still tell because I’m the person that knows you better than everyone.


 I noticed the smudged makeup around your eyelids, and your chewed fingernails that are nonexistent.


 Are you sad?


 We sit down at lunch, my head in your lap. 


 You still haven’t spoken a word, so I closed my eyes to rest in the comfortable silence.


 I felt a drop land on my cheek, I know you’re crying but I’ll pretend as though I’m sleeping for your sake.


 You never liked being vulnerable in front of people, so I will oblige you.


 Are you in pain?


 We walked home together like usual.


 Except you trailed behind me because walking seemed like a hard thing for you to do today.


 We reached your house later then usual, but thats okay, I enjoy your company.


 You still won’t look at me, as you walked towards your door.


  I couldn’t hold it in anymore so I spoke.


  “Are you.. okay?” I wanted her to turn around so I kept going, “Whatever is troubling you.. I want you to know that you can talk to me about it. I’m here for you and    I want you to be okay.”


  Nothing but silence followed.


 “Please talk to me Krys, I need you to reassure me that everything is okay, I need you to know that I love you and that I’m always gonna be here.” I was on the verge     of tears.


 You turned around.


 Your eyes looked even worse, like you just found out your father has cancer or your dog died.


 It broke me in half.


 I ran up to you and hugged you so tight I thought I was going to suffocate you.


 You rested your chin on my shoulder, I felt your tears soak through my shirt.


 You whispered ever so slightly, but I heard it.


 You then did something unexpected.


 Your lips touched my cheek for maybe a second, yet it felt like a lifetime.


 You turned around and ran inside, my feet still glued to the same spot.


 A smile began to appear on my face as I touched my cheek.


 I my feet after looking up at your window and made my way home.


 I replayed it again and again in my mind, the words you whispered.

 

 

  “I’ll be okay because I love you too."

 

---------------------------------------------------

  My first little drabble! i hope you liked it!!

  I'm out, peace