A Week

My Heart is Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♡《 Sistar - A Week 》♡

 

Hayoung ran as fast as her legs could carry her. This is the third time she had been late to work this month and it definitely did not go unnoticed by her employer. Hayoung cursed her darn alarm clock which goes off at weird timings, causing her to be late. Being the big procrastinator that she is, the wonky alarm clock has yet to be replaced, thus the increase in her late comings. She was about to turn the corner when she collided with another body, sending her sprawling on the sidewalk. "Where the heck are your eyes? Are you blind?" Her temper got the better of her as she lashed out at the unknown suspect while rubbing her sore bum. "I'm so sorry, Miss. I didn't see you coming. You were too fast." A hand was stretched out in front of her face, as she reluctantly accepted it. The hand's owner pulled her to her feet and for the first time, Hayoung locked eyes with the person she had bumped into. Her anger dissipated and her words got stuck in as she shamelessly stared at the extraordinary specimen in front of her. The guy she had bumped into wasn't just any guy. He was like a god! So handsome, has mesmerizing eyes, milky white skin, broad shoulders, perfect hair, smooth voice. She could go on forever to describe his perfection but the said person cleared his throat, breaking Hayoung out of her reverie. "Is there something wrong? You have not even blinked once. Do you need to see a doctor?" Hayoung let out a sigh of contentment as she slowly shook her head, not taking her eyes of him.

 

"Well, in that case I better get going. I have an appointment to go to. Sorry again, Miss...?" He waved his hands in front of Hayoung when she took longer than expected to reply. "Uh, oh I'm Hayoung." She smiled brightly at him. "Sorry for bumping into you, Hayoung. I'm Sehun, by the way." He replied as he began to walk away while giving her one last wave. "Sehun..." Hayoung whispered gleefully to herself as she turn the corner towards the bakery. She absentmindedly checked her watch and her eyes bulged when she saw the time. "Oh, !" She cursed as she ran the rest of the way to work.

 

***

 

It has been a week since she bumped into the stranger-god named Sehun and over the week, he was all she could think about. Hayoung never believed in love at first sight but her encounter with Sehun seemed to prove otherwise. She wouldn't even call their encounter love at first sight. Probably attraction at first sight was the more appropriate term. Yeap, Sehun the stranger-god definitely had her hooked. It was wishful thinking on her part to see him again as she know nothing about him, sans for his name. Seoul is such a big city, she wonder if she would even be lucky enough to bump into him. Hayoung was washing the baking utensils when her colleague called out to her to help out at the counter. "Bad tummyache. Urgent need for the loo!" He had said as he rushed past her to the employees' toilet. Hayoung chuckled to herself as she headed to the counter. She was busy rearranging the pastries when she heard someone clearing his throat. "Hi! Welcome to Breads and Bakes!" She ly to meet the eyes of Sehun. Hayoung stood frozen on the spot, willing her legs to move but it refuses to coorperate. "We meet again, Hayoung." Sehun smiled widely at her. 

 

Hayoung managed to return his smile as she walked towards the cash register. "Hi, Sehun right? What a coincidence." She tried to play it cool but her erratic heartbeat told another story. "It's my first day of work at the dance studio across the street. This happens to be the nearest place for food. Didn't think you would be working here." Hayoung was surprised. "You dance? Wow." Sehun gave her a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck, seemingly embarassed. "Yeah, it's my friend's studio and he just opened a new class for children. So I'm just helping him out." Hayoung couldn't help but to imagine Sehun with the little children. "Must be cute." She mentioned as she awkwardly shift from one foot to the other. Sehun nodded his head as he proceeded to order his food.

 

And that was the start of Sehun's frequent visit to the bakery. They would make small chats whenever he drops by for his sandwich and when Hayoung had a late shift, he would sometimes wait for her so that they can have supper together. Hayoung in turn, watched him practice or teach a class when she ends work early, sitting at the back of the studio and just losing herself in his movements. At some point of time, they exchanged numbers and good morning messages and late night conversations over the phone became a daily routine. As a result, their relationship got closer and as they became more comfortable with each other, feelings slowly developed. Hayoung was getting the baked goods out of the oven when she heard Sehun's voice talking to her colleague, Changsub, at the counter. Before she could finish transfering them onto the cooling tray, Changsub came in to the kitchen. "Go on out, he's looking for you. I'll finish this." He gave her a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows as Hayoung walked past him. Hayoung gave him an eye roll as she patted her hair and smoothen her apron, attempting to look presentable. "Hey hey, Hayoungie." Sehun grinned as he called out to her. "Good morning, Sehun oppa. The usual?" He nodded his head as Hayoung proceeded to make his sandwich.

 

"Erm, Hayoung-ah. I've got something to tell you." Sehun's voice made Hayoung tilt her face to the side to look at him. "What is it? You sound serious." She raised her eyebrows quizzically before returning to finish making his sandwich. "I'll be away for the next few days. We're planning to take some of the students to watch a dance competition and then, sight seeing in Busan." Hayoung passed him his sandwich bag as she nodded her head. "Okay, when are you going?" She asked as her heart sank at the thought of not being able to see him for the said period of time. "Soon. All of us will be heading to the train station at 10.30am." Hayoung looked up to the clock, noting that it was 10am now. "Thirty minutes to go." She smiled but it felt forced on her face. "Yeah...Hayoung-ah. I'm going to miss you." Sehun said it so straightforwardly as he reached over her hand to interlaced their fingers. Taken aback by the sudden gesture, it took Hayoung a few seconds to recover before she tighten her grip on his hands. "I'm going to miss you too, Oppa. Don't forget to message and call me whenever you have the time." She blushed upon saying those words. "You too, Hayoungie. For you, I'll always make time to answer your calls and messages." Hayoung felt her face turned a deeper shade of red as she touched her cheeks with her free hand. "That's so cheesy!" 

 

"Anything for you, Hayoungie." Sehun smirked as he brought their hands to his lips and gave it a kiss. Hayoung unexpectedly let out a squeal of delight which made Sehun burst out in laughter. "Aaah! Why are you so cute?!" He exclaimed as he pinched her cheeks. Hayoung swatted his hands away as she groan in pain. "Why did you pinch so lightly? Do it harder next time." She sarcastically told him off. Sehun just shrugged his shoulders as he ruffled her hair. "I better get going now. Won't want to keep the kids waiting." Hayoung gave a pout as she nodded her head in agreement. "Aish, you pouting so cutely like that make me not want to go." Sehun mirrored her actions as he pouted too. That made Hayoung chuckled as she executed her revenge and pinched his cheeks hard. Sehun yelped in pain as he rubbed his cheeks. "That was so sneaky of you." He grumbled as they walked towards the door. 

 

"Remember. Call me whenever you want." Sehun reminded Hayoun sternly. "I know, I know. Now go, it's nearly 10.30am! You don't want to be late." Hayoung pushed him out of the door as they both stood facing each other, grinning like two fools. "I'll miss you. Take care of yourself." He quickly leaned in and gave her a light kiss on the cheeks. "See you soon, Hayoungie." Sehun smiled as he walked off, waving to the frozen Hayoung. Hayoung walked back in to the bakery, touching her cheeks where Sehun just kissed. She was grinning till her cheekbones hurt when it was cut short with Changsub walking back to the counter singing 'Love is In the Air' wearing a cheeky expression on his face. Hayoung shoved his shoulders playfully as she walked back into the kitchen to continue with her work.

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter