Chapter 3 - Reunited

Experimental Error
 

Jiyong POV

I knelt beside her and looked at her worriedly. I looked up at the doctor, observing what he was doing. With my limited medical knowledge, I was wondering why he had not tried to stop the bleeding by pressing on her wound or why he had not removed the bullet. I was indeed very confused. The doctor in fact, had a very calm expression. He was mindlessly typing into his ipad and just sat there in front of her.

“Should I stop the bleeding?” I ask timidly, reminding myself that this doctor had been the one who attached that painful black square metal piece on my neck.

“No, don’t touch her. The bleeding has stopped.” He replied in an extremely calm manner.

I looked down at her and clutched her hand even tighter. If not for my stupid idea, this wouldn’t have happened. I sighed in frustration, as the only thing I could do now was to pray. 

“Hyung?? HYUNG! WHAT THE HECK?!” Seungri shouted in frustration as he shook Seunghyun Hyung by his shoulders. Seunghyun Hyung was still standing there, his face blank and his eyes staring at no particular point. Seungri was now on the verge of breaking down as he stood there and stare at his lifeless hyung with tears running down his face.

Daesung who was beside Youngbae came over and pulled on Seungri. “He will be back. It was the same the previous time too.” He said softly as Seungri allowed himself to be pulled to the corner. Youngbae had clutched onto his neck and shouted in pain after the guards left the room. After groaning in pain for a while, he had fainted. Luckily Daesung was beside him and had managed to catch him before he fell on the floor. 

“Hyung, this was the same thing that happened. After they recover, they will shout and fall to the ground. What the heck?! What did they do to us?!” Seungri said in between his sobs.

“I don’t know…” Daesung hugged him tightly before glancing at me and then at Y/N. His face was etched with sadness. 

The sound of a bullet dropping onto the floor was heard. Everyone froze in their position with their eyes wide open. I looked in the direction of the sound and was surprised that the bullet that was etched inside Y/N chest had fallen out. I looked at the doctor in shock as Y/N started coughing slightly. The doctor remained calm and assisted her into a sitting position, where her slight cough worsens.

“Breathe.” The doctor commanded, while rubbing onto her back.

Y/N started breathing deeply and she opened her eyes slightly to peer out at us. 

“Y/N?” I said softly.

“Me?” She replied in a hoarse voice.

My mouth opened in shock as I realized that she did not remember who she was. Before I could say anything. The doctor stood up and carried her onto the bed that was in the corner.

“I will bring medicine, food and water. Feed her. The experiments are successful. She is one of a kind.” He said in a serious tone before turning to leave. Just before he stepped out of the cell he turned back again. He whispered into my ear “Try to have her recall her memory. If she is able to, she is your only hope of getting out of here alive.” He said.

I was confused. Why was the doctor telling me these things? And experiments?! What had they done to her? Shaking my head to get rid of these thoughts, I walked back towards Y/N.

Y/N POV

I rubbed the sore area in my chest where the bullet had hit me. Although my shirt was stained with blood, I realized that there isn’t any wound on the skin below. I was confused as I clearly felt the bullet entered me. As the thin frame guy walked back towards me, I clutch onto my blanket and shifted myself backwards towards the wall.

“Hey…. Don’t worry, I am not going to hurt you.” He said before sitting softly on the far end of the bed. “I am Jiyong, we are friends. Your name is Y/N.” He said softly, his eyes darting around your face as he tried to read your expression.

“I saw you… and them.. at the field..” I replied hesitantly, still clutching onto my knees tightly.

“What field?” he asked as he frown and tilted his head.

“The gravel field. She died too.” I said softly while pointing at the lady sitting at the far corner. Her expression immediately stiffening as she saw that I pointed at her.

“Do you remember anything else?” he said softly.

I shook my head. Before I could open my mouth to reply him, a loud shout was heard from the center of the room. Seunghyun was clutching onto his neck and shouting in pain. He curled up into a ball and had tears flowing down his eyes. Daesung and Seungri flew into action, leaning beside him and trying to get him to calm down. He did in fact calm down after a while, as he collapsed into Daesung arm. I watched the two boys struggle to carry him and place him beside Youngbae.

“We were in a band. The 5 of us. I don’t know what they did to us, but see.” He turned and showed me the black metal piece on his neck. “I think they used this to control Seunghyun Hyung and Youngbae. Although we all have one, I am not sure why only they two reacted to it.” He said softly before sighing. 

“Are you real?” I asked.

“Real?” he replied, seemingly surprised. “Yeah, I am real. Wanna touch my hand?” he raised his hand and placed it in front of me. Looking at me quietly and allowing me time to reach out to touch him. I felt the warmth of his palm as our hands connected. It was the same reassuring warmth that I felt when I was strapped to the table.

“Do you know me?” I asked, still holding onto his hand, not wanting to remove the sense of warmth so soon.

He nodded slowly. “We are knew each other. We were on a hiking trip, when we fell into a cave.”

I nodded slowly. “Y/N? My name?”

“Yeah. Y/N” he replied.

Loud thumping of the cell door was heard and I sat straighter immediately before frowning in pain and holding onto my chest.

“You okay?” Jiyong asked anxiously. Although it was hurting badly, I nodded to indicate that I was fine.

As the door flung opened and the sight of the doctor appeared, I clung onto his hand even tighter.

“It’s okay. He is just giving us food.” Jiyong said reassuringly.  

The doctor placed the food on the ground and signaled for the rest of the guards to enter the cell.

“Divide the prisoners.” He instructed and the guards sprung into action. They moved towards the other people staying at the other side of the cell and ushered them out. As the cell empty, leaving the 6 of us. He took some blankets and threw it into the room.

“Jiyong, give the boys and her medicine. I have labeled it accordingly. Use the blankets, as it will be cold tonight. If any of them fall sick, I will KILL you.” He said before leaving the room.

Jiyong turned and looked at me for a moment. “See, he is a nice doctor. At least the nicest one.” He commended. I looked at him nervously before giving him a slight nod. Although he had been the one giving me injections, he was also the one who had prepared me for the pain of the bullet.

“Y/N, this is Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae and Seunghyun. You can call us Oppa okay?” Jiyong remarked.

Seungri stared at me with an extremely sad look in his eyes. “If Seunghyun Hyung knows that you lost your memory, he will be so devastated.” He commented before sighing and going back to the two guys lying on the floor. I frown at that sentence, wondering what he was implying.

“Here, have some food.” Jiyong instructed.

“Thank you.” I replied as tears rolled down my face. In a place like this, where reality and non-reality merged, I was just glad to be able to encounter such kindness.

“Tell me, about me.” I said, while drinking the bland soup that the doctor had brought in. 

“Now… where do I start…” Jiyong replied, smiling and leaning his head on the wall.