Chapter 2

Unexpectedly (My Perfect Girl)

*This time, it's in Minji's point of view. Enjoy!

 

******************

 

It started out as a pleasant evening just doing one of my favorite things to do, spending time with 3 of my best friends. As I am the youngest out of us four, I am blessed to be adored by these three strong, beautiful women. We went to see a movie and we were supposed to be going out to dinner but they insisted on stopping by here at my dance studio. I don't really know why, since we've been closed for a few hours now, and there's nobody here now but us. What are they up to?

 
Did I say I'm the youngest? Sometimes it doesn't feel that way since the two oldest, Bom-unnie and Dara-unnie are the most mischievous and always gets us in trouble. Chaerin-unnie is mostly the stern one who keeps us all in check but somehow, she seems to be in on this too.
 
"Uhhh, guys? What's going on here??" I ask my friends, who I've figured out by now are definitely up to no good. How do I know? THEY'VE BLINDFOLDED ME, for heaven's sake!
 
"Don't worry Minji. Just relax. We have a surprise for you." Dara-unnie replied, giggling with the rest of the girls as they led me to the back of the studio.
 
"She's all yours.  Make sure to take good care of her." I heard Chaerin-unnie say.  WAIT, WHAT??? I'm all whose??? Are they handing me off to somebody while I'm blindfolded? I can't believe they are doing this to me! Did I say they adore me? Right now, I'm really doubting that.
 
"Seriously, guys??? I am not having any of this!" I said forcefully as I lifted my hands up to take off the blindfold. But warm, gentle hands encircled my wrists to stop me from doing what I was about to do. Then this person's thumbs caressed the inside of my wrists before pulling my arms down, the gentle touch sending shivers down my spine. Who the heck is this?
 
"Don't even think of taking off your blindfold!" Bom-unnie scolded me.
 
"But your handing me off to some unknown person! Did you think I'll go willingly without knowing who it is?" I whined, my voice now a bit higher pitch than normal.
 
"Yah! It's supposed to be a surprise! And did you think we would knowingly put you on harm's way or something? We told you not to worry and that's because we trust him completely to take good care of you." Bom-unnie explained to me.
 
"So it's a guy? Yah! Who are you?!" I yelled to the direction of the stranger but all I got from him was silence. I should be way more alarmed but his hands moved from my wrists to capture my hands, his gentle fingers once again caressing my skin, trying to soothe me. A stranger would not dare, right? Is  he someone I know?  Even though he is holding my hands, he stood quite a distance from me. I wish he was closer so I can maybe get a sense of who he is.
 
"I'll give you a clue Minji, if you promise to trust us and just go along." Dara-unnie said to me.
 
I sighed in defeat, "Alright, I'll go along with this sillyness. But I'm warning you, I'm trained in self-defense so you better not try anything funny. I'm not afraid to take on a man twice my size." I said to the guy, remembering that incident almost a year ago when I first met Jongin and his noona. Ah, Jongin..sweet, sometimes shy, mostly oblivious Jongin. How I wish he's here to save me from my friends' scheme.
 
I thought I heard the man chuckle, but the sound was drowned by the loud cheering of the three girls.
 
"Okay, you two have fun! Call us when it's time to pick Minji up." Bom-unnie said.
 
"Wait, your leaving me alone with him??" I asked incredulously.
 
"Of course. We told you there's nothing to worry about. We can vouch for his trustworthiness." Chaerin-unnie replied.
 
"He'd be the perfect gentleman or he'd have to answer to us." She continued, her tone sounded almost threatening. I can imagine Chaerin-unnie's fiery gaze directed to this man and I hope he is breaking out in cold sweat right now.
 
Well, I still don't trust the guy but I do trust Chaerin-unnie's judgement, so it should be okay.
 
"Fine. Wait...before you leave, what about the clue Dara-unnie!"
 
Dara-unnie leaned close to me and whispered, "He is tall, dark, and handsome. Definitely your type, Minji." My heart fluttering at this clue she gave me. My type? I'm sure she knows what my type is, or rather a certain who....who also happens to be tall, dark, and very handsome.
 
Then they giggled among themselves as they left me with this supposedly tall, dark, and handsome man. I have my suspicion, but I'll play along.
 
Without saying a word, he pulled me into one of the practice rooms after the girls are gone. There was a bit of silence after he let go of me then I heard music being played.
 
I felt him lean in close....too close.... as he said "Dance with me..." into my ear, his breath tickling my nerve endings and sending goosebumps all over my arms. His voice barely a whisper that, to anyone else, it might be difficult to determine what his normal voice would sound like. But not me. And his scent....his cologne combined with his natural body scent is something I'm very familiar with. It's the scent that I love, that I sometimes smell even in my dreams.
 
Jongin....
 
He pulled both my hands up to his shoulders then wrapped his hands around my waist as he swayed both of us to the slow rhythm of the music. My body went into hyper drive, just like whenever he is in close proximity to me. The thunderous beating of my heart is not from the worry of being with a stranger anymore. Nope, this man is someone I trust with my whole heart. My heart that he has slowly and completely taken over.
 
We've been friends for a while now, the many things we have in common made us very close, very quickly. Our shared passion for dance the most important thing that connects us together. I don't really know when I started having feelings for him, but I have not said anything in fear of losing our friendship. I would rather have him as a friend than not have him in my life at all. Yes, there are some flirting going on but as we are very comfortable with each other, they are usually treated as jokes. But he seems to be oblivious about my real feelings so it was easy to keep things as they were. Although lately it's becoming increasingly difficult to hide my feelings when all I want to do is tell him how perfect we are for each other. But I won't  tell him that, at least not today. Maybe someday, but today I don't have the courage yet.
 
But as we continue dancing, I wondered what in the world is he up to? If he wanted to dance, all he had to do was ask. We practice together all the time. 
 
"Are you going to keep me blindfolded the rest of the evening? Are you into this kind of stuff?" I asked teasingly and chuckled when I felt him stop and tense up then cleared his throat. I can just imagine his face being red right now. Oh, Jongin...such a y beast when it comes to dancing but a shy puppy in other matters.
 
"No? Okay...but will you tell me who you are?"
 
His silence was my only answer. Alright, two can play this game.
 
My hand moved from his shoulder, fingers trailing his neck and up to his sharp, y jawline that never fails to make me swoon. But he shook his head as if saying "No"and made that disapproving "tsk..tsk..tsk" soundand stopped me from exploring his face any further before placing my hand back to his shoulder.
 
I pouted in disappointment and I heard him chuckle.
 
"Can I ask a question to guess who you are?" I asked.
 
"Mmm..." was all he said in agreement.
 
"Are you an oppa to me?"
 
"Mmm..."
 
"Dara-unnie said you're someone tall and handsome....The first one who pops in my head is Top-oppa. Are you....Top-oppa?" I asked grinning widely, excited to find out his reaction.
 
"WHAT?! Who the heck is that? And what kind of a name is Top???" He replied, completely forgetting that he wasn't supposed to talk. Yup, I would definitely know that unique tone of his voice even if I can't see him. He probably has this cute, petulant look on his face right now that I wish I could see.
 
"Ah, Top-oppa? He is our new dance instructor Dad just hired. And Top is just his nickname." I explained with a straight face when I really just wanted to burst out laughing.
 
He fell silent once again. He must have realized that he spoke out loud.
 
"So, I guess that's a no. Are you someone I already know? Someone I'm close to, perhaps?"
 
I felt his hands squeeze around my waist.
 
"Is that a yes?" I asked and he squeezed again to confirm.
 
I sighed..."I really don't enjoy conversing with myself so why don't you just tell me who you are." But he still didn't say anything so we just continued dancing silently for a while.
 
I enjoy dancing like this with him and teasing him is also a lot of fun, but we're not getting anywhere here. I want to know what he is up to.
 
"I was just messing with you about Top-oppa. I already know it's you Jongin, so just tell me what this is all about." I told him bluntly.
 
"What??! How...?" He sputtered. I just had to laugh at his reaction.
 
"Aigoo! Did you think I wouldn't recognize your voice? I'm blindfolded not deaf. I would know your voice anywhere. And you could have at least worn a different cologne. You smell the same as you always have. Actually even if you're not wearing cologne, I would know you even by the smell of your sweat. In short, even if I'm blind, deaf, or mute, I would know---" He placed a finger on my lips and shushed me before I could finish talking.
 
Then I felt his hand on my neck as he leaned his lips close to my ear and whispered, "Minji-ah... I'm in love with you...."
 
Whoahhh....
 
"What?" I whispered back, totally in shock at his sudden confession. Am I dreaming?? I lifted my hands to remove my blindfold but he stopped me again.
 
"Don't take it off yet because I might lose my confidence." He said nervously as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him so tightly that I don't think even an insect can pass through in between our bodies.
 
"Jongin-ah......" was all I could utter at this point. My heart pounding so wildly that I can hear it in my head, drowning the sound of the music still playing.
 
Then I felt his lips on mine, his kiss gentle and sweet at first. But his tongue asked for permission to enter and I complied. He groaned and the kiss turned into a heated exchange, both of us unable to get enough of each other.
 
He eventually let go and he leaned his forehead against mine, as we tried to get our breathing under control.
 
"I love you..." he whispered and gave me another kiss....a quick one, but still a hot kiss, before he removed my blindfold.
 
"Before you say anything, listen to me first." The look in his eyes turned serious as he gazed into mine. "Minji.....You're probably surprised, right? Why all of a sudden? But the truth is, it's not all of a sudden. I think I've been in love with you since that first day we met, when you so bravely rescued my sister. But I didn't ask you out right away because I knew that there's a big chance that you would have rejected me and if that happened, I would have had difficulty in remaining in your life. I realized right away that you're someone special, someone that I wanted to get to know better. So I took my time and the more I got to know you, the real you, the harder I fell until lately being just your friend is just not enough anymore. I've become greedy and I want to be with you, openly express my love for you, if you'll allow me."  He ended his confession nervously but with a hopeful look in his eyes.
 
Oh...my...God....Is it possible to get delirious from being blindfolded?Ah, this is really too good to be true. I couldn't keep the giggles from escaping.
 
Jongin gave me a look like I've gone crazy. "I'm serious here. Why are you laughing?" He asked.
 
"This whole thing is so incredibly romantic. I'm dreaming right? I've imagine these kinds of scenarios in my head so much lately that I'm afraid my delusions are starting to seem real.Am I really hearing the words I've been wanting to hear come out of your mouth? No, this is so hard to believe. It's suspiciously like one of my day dreams." 
 
"Yah! What are you talking about? This is real life right now and I'm offended that you're not taking me seriously." 
 
"Oh...is it?" I asked but he pinched my cheeks and pulled on them. "Ow...oww! That hurts!"
 
"You believe me now? This is real, I'm real. My feelings for you are real..." He said sincerely but then he seem to have been distracted by a thought.
 
"Oh!......Wait! Did you say you've been dreaming of this? Does it mean what I think it means?" His eyes turned adorably wide as he finally realized what I have said earlier. This is all making me so giddy that I just can't seem to stop giggling. 
 
"Pfftt...., I can't believe you've never noticed. You are perhaps the most oblivious boy I have ever met." 
 
"Well, it's not like you made it easily known. You're not like any girl I've met. Most girls are all over me with their flirting but you're always so cool and calm. I thought I could never be more than a friend to you, but I just can't keep my feelings for you hidden anymore so I took a chance."
 
"Then I'm very happy you took a chance. But how could you not have known? I look at you the way I look at my dog. Full of love and adoration." He chuckled when he heard me compare him to my dog. I punched his arm. "And don't take that lightly, you know have much I love my dog." 
 
"Okay, okay." He replied, putting his hands up in mock surrender. His gaze once again turning serious, he continued, "Maybe I didn't notice that because I was too busy trying not to look at you when you're looking at me. Because if only you saw the way I look at you when you're not looking, you would have seen the stars in my eyes and among those stars, the one who shines the brightest, the one who has become the center of my universe, is you."
 
"Whoa, I knew you were somewhat poetic, but that was just kind of cheesy." I said teasingly, but inside I'm worse than a spazzing fangirl.
 
"Well, you should get used to it. There's more where that came from." He smirked at me.
 
But as he continued to stare in my eyes, his gaze turned intense, piercing right into my soul like he is searching for the truth. And I knew he found his answer because there in his glittering brown eyes, I saw my face reflecting the same look of love I'm seeing in his face.
 
"I love you." I started to confess. But suddenly my stomach made a loud growling noise, ruining our romantic moment and making him laugh at my embarrassment.
 
"You must be hungry..." He said with amusement dancing in eyes. His eyes.....his eyes, which only seconds ago were melting me into a puddle. Ugh, wrong timing, you stupid stomach....
 
"Well, I haven't eaten. I was supposed to go to dinner with the girls but this happened. I hope you accounted for the fact that you need to feed me." 
 
"What? You mean you didn't get full from all the love I've been feeding you tonight?" He laughed like he was proud of himself for telling a good joke.
 
"Oh God....No, but I think I just got full from all the cheese just now." I replied, making that throwing up gesture and we both laughed.
 
"Don't worry, I can't have a grouchy, hungry Minji so I've prepared something." He said as he turned me around and I finally noticed our surroundings. My eyes started to tear up as I took in the beautiful sight before me. The practice room was decorated with fresh flowers and in the middle of the room is a table set up with some food and drinks.
 
"What is this? Did you plan all of this?" I asked, trying to keep my tears from flowing.
 
"I did plan the whole thing. But I got some help from Sehun. And your sister and mines' worked on the decoration. And of course, your friends served as distractions." He grinned widely, looking very satisfied with himself.
 
"I should have known something was up when they dragged me to see a movie when it's not our normal movie night." I replied to him as he grabbed my hand and led me towards the table.
 
"Let me guess, you've prepared chicken?" I asked but I already know the answer.
 
"Hahah, you know me so well. I actually made this myself so I hope you like it." He really looked so proud of himself. I smiled, happy to see him happy.
 
"It seems we know each other so well except for the important matter of our hearts. To think we could have been together a lot sooner." I said wistfully.
 
He squeezed my hand and gave me a sweet smile. "Don't regret anything. Don't think of it as time wasted but time invested. Because what time has given us is the opportunity to sort out our feelings, to know that it's not just infatuation but real, true feelings of love." 
 
Ah, crap....there goes my misty eyes and heart palpitations again...
 
How does he always know the right things to say? We are very similar in a lot of ways, our likes and dislikes, our hobbies and passions and most of the time even our way of thinking. But there are times where his deep thoughts are on another level. I can always rely on him to enlighten me, to show me a different way to look at the world. It was this side of him....his sweet, gentle, and sensitive soul that I fell in love with. That he is a y, gorgeous man is just the icing on an already perfect cake.
 
 
************
BONUS SCENE
 
 
"You should go and get some rest. The girls will drive you home." Jongin said to me.
 
"What about you?"
 
"I promised your sister that this place will be clean and ready for tomorrow's business before I leave. Sehun and I will clean up." 
 
"Are you sure? We can stay and help."  I said to him. I feel bad just leaving them here to do everything.
 
"No, it's fine. We can handle it. This was all my plan, remember? So don't you worry your pretty little head about it. I want you to go home and rest. And maybe dream of me in your sleep?" He said to me as he brought my hand up to his cheek then to his lips as he kissed my palm, making me giggle at the unexpected gesture.
 
"I always dream of you when I sleep..." He gave me another kiss on my cheek. I heard loud giggling coming from my unnies. Jongin and I probay sound and so cheesy but I don't care. My heart is overflowing with happiness.
 
"Ughhh, don't tell me from now on I'm going to have to watch you guys be lovey-dovey and making kiss-y faces to each other all the time." Sehun said, rolling his eyes at us.
 
"Don't mind him, he's actually just jealous because he doesn't have anyone to be lovey-dovey with." Jongin said with a grin.
 
"Yah! I'm not jealous! But you guys are going to make me want to throw up if you're going to be one of those couples who are always faces in public." Sehun answered.
 
"Sehun-ah! You need a girl? I think I want to set you up with someone!" Bom-unnie suddenly said. 
 
"Oh? Who do you have in mind?" He asked nonchalantly but I can tell his interest was piqued. But more importantly, what is Bom-unnie up to now?
 
"Okay, there's this girl. Our friend, Hayi. She's the sweetest, awkwardest, little cutie pie ever. But she might be a challenge for you, if you're up for it."
 
"NO! Not Lee Hayi! Unnie! What are you thinking?" Bom-unnie's idea terrified me. Not my sweet dongseng!
 
"I'm thinking they would be so cute together! Here, Sehun-ah, Dara has a picture of her." She said confidently and motioned for Sehun to come to them.
 
"Oh, she's really cute, noona!" Sehun said after seeing Hayi's picture from Dara-unnie's phone.
 
"No way! I won't allow it!"  Sweet, awkward, tiny Hayi and sassy giant Sehun? They could not be more opposite to each other.
 
"Looks like he is interested." Jongin said, laughing at my horrified expression, before stepping outside to bring some of the flowers that I'm bringing home to Dara-unnie's car.
 
"Aw, come on Minji-yah. Bom-noona said she's a sweet girl. Let me at least meet her." Sehun came up to me and started doing aegyo. Nope, that won't work on me this time.
 
"Exactly! She's very sweet and you're a big flirt. I won't let you date her."
 
"Hmmm.......What about if I tell you a secret about Jongin, huh? A big, juicy, embarassing secret about when he first met you that Jongin would otherwise probably never tell you?" He whispered with a mischievous expression on his face.
 
Well, if you put it that way, Sehun. How can I resist? My loyalty to my friend and curiosity battled it out in my head.....I'm sorry, Hayi but I think I'm selling you out.
 
"What kind of secret? I asked.
 
"Well, in exchange, promise me first that you'll let me take Hayi out on a date." He dared to smirk at me. Ughhh, this boy! What a brat! If he wasn't so handsome I would have done some damage to his face.
 
"Fine! Fine! I'll allow it! Just tell me before Jongin gets back." I agreed with him but I know that Hayi is not one to go out on dates with strangers so she will refuse anyway, even if the stranger is as handsome as him. But Sehun doesn't need to know that right now...hahahah!
 
"Yehet! Okay, Minji-yah.....after he met you and before his first visit to your dance studio, Jongin actually spent almost two weeks stalking you. He liked you that much, even from the beginning." He said while giggling. What is this now???
 
"What are you talking about?" Is he bullsh*tting me again? This guy likes to play pranks on everyone.
 
"I mean, he used to go to the bubble tea shop right across the street to just sit there and watch you from afar because for the longest time, he couldn't find the balls to approach you. So yeah, he was basically being a creepy stalker." He giggled gleefully as he explained but then his face turned serious as he glanced towards the door.
 
Because there, in all his y, gorgeous glory, the man of my dreams walks in with the sweetest smile on his handsome face. But first.....
 
"Kim Jongin-ssi! You have some explaining to do!!" I yelled at him, with arms akimbo and silently chuckling as his beautiful smile turned into a nervous one.
 
--THE END--
 
Woohoo! Sequel is done! I hope you like it!
 
So sorry for those of you who don't like the Sehun/Lee Hi pairing! It's just something that I came up with but the more I thought about it, the more I think that they would be cute together. Their height difference alone makes me crack up...kekeke...that and their seemingly opposite personalities. I'm just imagining the hilarious conversations they would have.