Chapter 3.1

Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** Continued **

It was Jimin, "I'm so sorry, the door it wasn't closed, I got worried and I just... came in," he said looking utterly confused and worried. "Are you alright Lily?" he whispered as he took in her view, she looked completely pale and her eyes were red and swollen because of her crying. And she sat there on her couch all bundled up with an emotionless expression.

"It's over," she whispered as she looked back down at the carpet she had been staring at for too long. Jimin was at a complete loss of words, he didn't know what had happened or why she looked the way she did, but as he took a quick look around the apartment, he noticed the bedroom where there were clothes spread out everywhere on the floor. He turned his attention back to Lily and sat next to her on the couch, not sure what to do. He had a large box in his hands that he put down on the coffee table in front of them. As he slowly put a hand on her back he tried to make her talk, "did something happen, are you hurt?" Jimin could see something had obviously happened and the only reason he came over to her house was because he had been the one calling her several times and had sent many text messages, but with no reply he had gotten worried.

For a long while none of them said anything, Jimin simply rubbed her back gently as a gesture of comfort, until he broke the silence, "have you eaten anything yet?" he asked wanting to do something. Lily merely shook her head, and that was his sign. He got up quickly and headed to the kitchen, he opened the fridge and saw there wasn't much he could work with, but who was he kidding, he couldn't cook and so he grabbed his phone from his pocket, and dialled a number.

Soon after he came back to Lily and took her hands in his, she was surprised at his touch and didn't know what to say or do, she slowly pulled her hands away from him, she had only ever wanted to hold Jungkook's hands and no other man. However, the reminder of him no longer being a part of her life made her upset again, and now she needed comfort she needed someone to hold her close and tell her everything would be okay, Jimin reached out for her hands again after seeing the change in her expression, and this time she let him hold her hands.

He pulled her up to her feet, and guided her over to her bedroom with one arm wrapped around her and his other hand holding her hand. "Go wash your face or take a shower and get dressed in some comfortable clothes and come back here, I will be right here in the living room okay."

For some reason looking Jimin in the eyes and seeing his genuine worry and gentle features, made her comfortable and she simply nodded once, before turning around and closing the door to her bedroom.

As she closed the door behind her she looked down at herself, and realized she was only wearing underwear and a loose big t-shirt. She could feel herself slowly coming back to her senses, when she realized that she was changing her clothes in the morning when she was supposed to meet up with Jimin, and that's why she looked like this now. She suddenly felt shy, embarrassed but also felt bad about having stood Jimin up and not telling him anything. She went into the bathroom in her bedroom and stripped down to take a shower. She washed her face several times because she thought she looked horrible.

She came out of the shower, and put on a warm long night gown, with her robe over it. She air dried her hair a bit before standing in front of the mirror in her bedroom. She felt strange, as if everything that had happened was just a bad dream, and that she would soon wake up and everything would be different.

Her stomach started growling and she realized she probably had to have some food soon. As she went out to her living room she saw that Jimin was walking out of the kitchen with two plates and cups in his hands. On the coffee table she saw there was chicken and pizza, he had ordered take-out. She was surprised at how he had managed all of this so quickly, "you do know that you have one the best pizza parlours right around the corner? AND they sell chicken", Jimin said in a joking manner trying to make Lily laugh. Lily couldn't make herself smile despite being genuinely happy for Jimin's presence at this moment.

She sat down and didn't know where to start, she wanted to eat so badly but her body was not working as fast as her mind was. "Well go on then eat, it's not going to finish itself," Jimin joked and picked up a slice of pizza to eat himself. She reached out for a slice as well, they both sat and ate in the quiet living room, it had gotten completely dark outside, it was almost 8 o-clock and Jimin and Lily were finished eating. Jimin stood up to clean, "I'm sorry I've just been making myself feel like home," Jimin quietly spoke out as he looked over at Lily who was drinking the last bit of her water.

"Thank you Jimin," Lily said, and Jimin's eyes widened a bit, it was the first thing she had said since he had gotten here. It was a definite improvement, and he smiled brightly at her words, "for what?" he asked her as he put the plates in the dishwasher that he had found while looking for the different things in Lily's kitchen. "For everything, for the food, for being here right now," Lily said this time looking up at Jimin who came back over to sit next to her, they both looked at each other for a short while, "that is nothing to thank me for, of course I'd be here, we had made plans for today hadn't we?" he joked wanting to make sure she knew that he wanted to be here.

"what's that? you brought it with you when you came in," Lily asked, wanting to change the topic, it was too quiet and she felt the awkwardness as they just stared at each other.

"This, ah good you asked, I almost forgot about it, this is your birthday present," Jimin exclaimed as he remembered his present, he got excited wanting to give it to her. "Here please accept it and open it," Lily was at loss for words, he was too kind and she didn't know what to say or do, she hesitantly took the box in her hands, it was a rather large box. And it was wrapped in a beautiful champagne cream colour wrapping paper with a white bow on the far left corner.

As she lifted the lid of the box, she felt like her heart skipped a beat. It was a beautiful white coloured fabric, she looked up at Jimin in awe, as she put the box next to her on the couch and pulled out the fabric, it was a white ballerina dress.

As she stood up to see the dress properly, fell open, it was the most beautiful dress she had ever seen. "Is... is this for me?" Lily asked hesitantly as she couldn't believe he would buy something so beautiful and most certainly expensive, because it looked hand-made and all the detail that had gone into the chest part was breathtakingly stunning. "Well of course it's for you, you thought I would just ask for your opinion on a dress for someone else?" Jimin joked as he genuinely became over-joyous seeing her reaction towards the dress, he knew she would absolutely love it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter