Chapter 2.

Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy and believe it".

 

***

Five years passing by with a snap of the fingers, everything was perfect. Too perfect. Everyone wants to believe in a happy ever after and that things actually work out. With a bit of strength and faith anything is possible. – Not for everyone though.

As Lily lays down on the couch in her empty apartment, for the second week in a row. She starts thinking of the past. They were high school sweethearts, now both of them in college and spending less time together.

She tries to think of when it started going wrong. Was it when after a couple of months of being with him, she realized he didn't always smile that wonderful smile to her only. His precious smile that she adored so much was a well plastered façade he had with whomever he wanted to charm; Lily, his female English teacher, the school cheerleaders, just about anyone.

But that didn't mean anything, all Lily knew was that he was hers and she was his, they were each others, and no one could come between them. So she had no worries. She would even look away when she found herself standing next to him as he was explaining his story for the third time that day to every single girl who would wrap their arms around him and tell him how impressive he was as he scored the winning goal at football. She would slowly feel herself being pushed away by the crowd that would surround him, but even then she didn't mind. He deserved all the bit of love and affection he could get, he was perfection and perfection needs love.

Also what made things better was that he would always at the end of the day come back and hug her, wanting to feel her embrace, and all bad thoughts would slip out of Lily's mind. She would take in his smell and let that wrap around her. Placing her head at the crook of his neck, she would leave gentle butterfly kisses all over his neck, because he smelled so good, and his touch and everything, still made her heartbeat race like crazy. "I love you," would be his answer whenever she placed all these kisses all over his face. He loved her affection. He knew he could always expect this from her at the end of the day.

Lily sat back up on her couch and stared blankly up at her ceiling, where was he she wondered. Would he come home tonight?

After high school he was scouted by a football agent and had gotten the opportunity of a lifetime. He was soaking up fame and recognition with each day. He had become a big shot, the dark horse that every elite team wanted. He had been very busy, which Lily was over-joyous for, she loved seeing him unfold his wings and do what he loved the most. However, with all the fame came lonely and cold nights for Lily. She had gotten into her dream academy, School of Art and Dance. Her dream was also unfolding; she had gotten the lead role in most of the shows, her talent in ballet was like no other. Her dance teacher would go on and on about the way Lily would dance with such pain and passion.

Both of them being so busy with their lives, Lily started to become more and aware of his absence. She started seeing how her days were without him. She met people she never thought she would befriend. She realized how many people she had never gotten to know because of all the time she had put into her relationship with Jungkook. He had never liked Lily befriending guys and Lily wouldn't befriend girls, because she disliked the way he would be too interested in every girl she would become friends with. She also started noticing his lack of interest in her over the years.

But shrugging it off she would continue each and every day. She had thought that her getting into her dream academy and him getting his dream fulfilled would make them so much happier together. But the truth was different, he was happier and Lily was lonelier.

She didn't want to hold him back so she never said anything. She never stopped him from going to endless trips abroad for matches and social trips with his teammates. He would say the trips were necessary for him to bond with his football team, and they needed to bond off field so that they could cooperate on field. Lily could hear his words ringing in her ears as she laid back on her couch with a blanket over her now.

She just want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter