(02)

Blindr

chapter 2


Sehun finds himself chatting with Kyungsoo every night after work – admittedly for only half an hour or so, but it’s more significant than anything he’d expected before. Each passing day brings more anxiety as Sehun wonders whether or not Kyungsoo will cross paths with Jongin – real Jongin – and ruin his plan, but he’s having too much fun to care. And he’s hopeful. Kyungsoo really seems like the perfect guy for his best friend.

[7:13] Do Kyungsoo: I’m actually working as a waiter as a restaurant most of the week
[7:13] Do Kyungsoo: Trying to get some money so I can go study
[7:14] Kim Jongin: In the culinary industry?
[7:14] Do Kyungsoo: Is that nerdy?
[7:14] Kim Jongin: No, just convenient, because I can’t cook for

It’s true. Sehun recalls Jongin managing to set a toaster on fire trying to make breakfast. He’s too busy relishing in his ability to make Jongin seem as authentic as possible to realise that Jongin isn’t the type to swear.

[7:15] Do Kyungsoo: Cute
[7:15] Do Kyungsoo: What are you good at then? :)
[7:15] Kim Jongin: Kissing.

Sehun wrinkles his nose in thought. Maybe a bit too ambitious for Jongin.

[7:16] Kim Jongin: Haha I’m kidding.
[7:16] Kim Jongin: I like to dance but I don’t really do it in front of people
[7:17] Kim Jongin: I go to a performing arts college right now
[7:17] Do Kyungsoo: That’s incredible!
[7:18] Kim Jongin: Thank you :)

Sehun thinks back to all of the previous guys Jongin has attempted to date and flirt with, and doesn’t recall any that displayed interest in his love for dancing. Jongin is forever bashful about his talent, and only ever dances in front of his teachers, classmates and Sehun, but Sehun is hopeful that Kyungsoo will share his friend’s passion and ultimately bring them closer.

[7:19] Kim Jongin: Btw, does your restaurant sell cheesecake?
[7:20] Do Kyungsoo: We do have some on the dessert menu. How come?
[7:20] Kim Jongin: My friend just likes cheesecake. Sorry haha

Well, at least Kyungsoo’s job is convenient for him, too.

[] [] []

A few weeks pass, and Sehun’s toes curl when the dreaded topic arises.

[6:17] Do Kyungsoo: I don’t mean to get all weird or anything but
[6:17] Do Kyungsoo: Would you actually wanna meet up and make this serious?

He purses his lips, fumbling mentally for the right response. How is he going to manage this without deterring Kyungsoo?

[6:18] Kim Jongin: I would
[6:19] Kim Jongin: I think we’re really compatible
[6:19] Kim Jongin: Would you?
[6:20] Do Kyungsoo: Yea, but I’ve got to tell you something

Oh, God. Here comes the horrible twist to the perfect relationship. He’s got HIV, he’s married, he’s allergic to sunlight, something dire and horrid is about to be revealed that’s going to ruin the entire plan.

[6:21] Kim Jongin: What is it?
[6:22] Do Kyungsoo: I’m not actually Kyungsoo

Sehun buries his face in his hands, crying out in frustration. Of course, it was all a fraud. Kyungsoo was just too nice, too perfect, to be real. He’s probably just some teenage girl and her friends messing around and making fun of all the gays looking for a relationship.

He’s about to delete the app when fake-Kyungsoo sends a photo through, and he’s shocked to see that it’s an image a different attractive young male – this time, a selfie in poor lighting that’s probably just been taken.

[6:23] Do Kyungsoo: I’m Kyungsoo’s best friend
[6:23] Do Kyungsoo: He’s so ing shy and he can’t get a date so I set this up secretly without his permission
[6:24] Do Kyungsoo: Please don’t hate me
[6:24] Do Kyungsoo: Kyungsoo is real I swear on my life
[6:25] Do Kyungsoo: And he’s about as straight as a noodle
[6:25] Do Kyungsoo: A cooked noodle

Kyungsoo’s-best-friend sends through another image of himself and Kyungsoo next to one another as proof. Meanwhile, Sehun is bent over himself laughing.

[6:26] Do Kyungsoo: He’s a nice guy and I really just want the moron to get a date
[6:27] Kim Jongin: You’re not going to believe this.
[6:27] Do Kyungsoo: ???

Sehun opens his camera and pokes out his tongue playfully, snapping a photo of himself sending it through to Kyungsoo’s friend.

[6:28] Kim Jongin: I’m in the exact same situation
[6:28] Kim Jongin: I’m Sehun
[6:29] Do Kyungsoo: Holy
[6:29] Do Kyungsoo: HAHAHAHA
[6:29] Do Kyungsoo: WTF
[6:30] Kim Jongin: You still want to meet up?
[6:30] Do Kyungsoo: Absolutely
[6:30] Do Kyungsoo: I think I love you
[6:31] Do Kyungsoo: I’m Baekhyun btw
[6:31] Kim Jongin: I’m straight.
[6:32] Do Kyungsoo: I’ll bet. But you must be pretty ing cool to come up with an idea as ingenious as mine

Sehun nods, impressed. It’s a fair call – they've both fooled one another, after all.

[6:32] Kim Jongin: Touché
[6:32] Kim Jongin: How does next week sound?

[] [] []

It’s not like Sehun to be this impatient.

Yes, he might be fifteen minutes early, and yes, Baekhyun lives further from the café than Sehun does, but all he can think about is how screwed he’ll be if Jongin shows up and questions why he’s meeting up with a stranger privately. Sehun lied about being busy when Jongin asked if he wanted to meet up after his class, but he knows the college isn’t too far away, and the last thing he wants is to run into his best friend and have to answer questions on the spot.

“Sehun? Is that you?”

Sehun turns around in his seat and sheepishly returns Baekhyun’s cocky smile, motioning for him to sit at the booth with him. “You’re early.”

“So are you. How are you?”

Sehun sighs as Baekhyun slides into his seat, picking up the menu and looking at it curiously. “Nervous. Jongin’s classes are about to end and he’s only a couple of blocks away from here.”

“Then why’d you ask to meet here?”

Sehun shrugs. “It’s convenient for me.”

Baekhyun folds his arms, tilting his head at Sehun disapprovingly. “That’s what you get for being a . Hi, I’ll just have a latte, thanks, as strong as you can make it.”

He finds himself smiling at just how brash and confident Baekhyun is, which is exactly what Baekhyun didn’t describe Kyungsoo to be. The thought of their unlikely friendship reminds Sehun of himself and Jongin.

Baekhyun waits for the waitress to walk away before turning back to Sehun. “So, Kyungsoo. Let’s get this started, ‘cause he’s such a loner it makes me want to kill him.”

Sehun plays with the rim of his coffee mug. He’s only had a few sips of it, not wanting to finish it before Baekhyun arrived, but he’s barely interested in the drink anymore, working on devising a perfectly evil plan to set up their two friends.

“A blind date won’t work,” Baekhyun states. “Kyungsoo is too shy. If he knows I’ve set him up for a date, he’ll bail.”

“Jongin’s not very intimidating, if that makes it any easier. He’s a bit of a girl. A cry-baby. I’m not ist.”

Baekhyun laughs. “Not ist. Just awkward. You really let that shine through when you were faking Jongin.”

Sehun almost shrinks, because, damn, Baekhyun is so good at talking. They’ve never spoken face-to-face before, but there’s not a hint of apprehension or shyness in his voice.

“I was thinking to hook them up at the restaurant, instead,” Baekhyun says, smiling and nodding to the waitress that places his coffee in front of him.

“He actually works at the restaurant?”

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. “What do you take me for, a liar?”

Sehun sits up straight in his seat, a delighted smile lighting up his face, and Baekhyun’s lip twitches upwards, sensing his approval.

“I have an idea,” Sehun breathes.

“Yeah?”

“Oh yeah. This is going to work out perfectly.”


 ( a/n ) omg you guys sorry (??) for the short chapter but UR ALL SO NICE AND SUPPORTIVE I DONT DESERVE THIS BC THIS STORY IS LITERALLY THE WORST HAHA but thank you all for being so kind?? im surprised ppl are actually reading this?? and i hope ur enjoying what ive posted so far even tho the pace is weird and the plot is stupid idek.....u guys are really cute and i love u all

word count: 1316