allkpop: YG Entertainment Releases News About New Girl Group

❥ FANTASY (공상) ┊YG Entertainment's New Girl Group ! [ APPLY NOW OPEN ]
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
YG Entertainment Just Revealed Details About Upcoming New Girl Group Debuting This Year!
January 10, 2016 @ 11:08 am
cropped-after-school-first-love-ecb2abec
zdVJmyT.png
by ygfanforever
scrap, share & like
60008
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

It's finally happening guys, YG Entertainment is finally debuting a girl group within this year! Finally! The long wait is over YG stans!

SEE ALSO: WINNER's Song Min Ho & Nam Tae Hyun Drop Duet 'Pricked'

Earlier today Yang Hyun-Suk has revealed that after the recent debut success of WINNER and iKon, that he is in the planning of debuting an 8 member girl group named Fantasy!

In the recent press statement he had released saying. "YG Entertainment is known for their hip-hop genre that is well known and well loved by fans all over the world. We do have artists that don't have the hip-hop genre and make the YG name stand out as well. This upcoming girl group will be different it will still have the hip-hop taste of YG but they will come out in different genres and concepts. I am proud of the eight girls that I have picked to debut within this year. The new girl group will consist of 8 members with the name of Fantasy which is the meaning of a pleasant situation that you enjoy about but is unlikely to happen, I picked this name because the girls still believe they are living a fantasy world that they are debuting soon. They will be the fantasy of every boy and every girl want to be as well. They are very talented just like their sunbaes in the label, I am sure they will represent the YG name really well. Please give a lot of love to them when they debut!"

A lot of the YG Entertainment artists like G-Dragon, CL, Minzy, Dara, Bom, Taeyang, Tablo, Lee Hi, WINNER, AKMU, JinuSean and past YG Entertainment artists like Gummy and Se7en have expressed their excitments of Fantasy debuting soon! There has been a rumor that a well known actress is actually going to debut under Fantasy as well but nothing has been confirmed yet by YG himself. Are you guys excited for the new girl group to debut?!

tags
YG Entertainment
New Girl Group
Debut
Press Statement
comments
There are 900 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
tumblr_mizsj3FoWK1rt70bho1_500.gif
bigbangforever · Posted January 11, 2016 @ 10:33 am
Isn't that unfair though because someone who is already wellknown will be debuting under Fantasy? That's a little unfair for all the other girls who are part of the group. Papa YG shouldn't even let someone who is well known to debut under Fantasy.
Reply · Report · Share
 
tumblr_nhm2joetUx1tswqako1_500.gif
innercircleforever · Posted January 11, 2016 @ 10:35 am
But Mino and Seungyoon debuted way before WINNER, Mino was known to be part of a ballad group that wasn't successful and Seungyoon debuted as a solo singer in 2013. I don't see any problem with that at all, who ever the actress is then she made a name for herself just like Mino and Seungyoon did way before WINNER debuted so it would be good for her.
Reply · Report · Share
 
tumblr_n9d5wgNJFc1rttqluo1_500.gif
snsdfighting · Posted January 10, 2013 @ 5:40 am
Well I'm glad YG is finally debuting a girl group it's been awhile since they debuted a girl group and mostly YG has more boy groups then girl groups and there's a little bit of YG girl artists and mostly of them are boys. So I'm glad that they are finally debuting a new girl group, eight members seems reasonable and I'm sure they will be very creative with the concept and genre.
Reply · Report · Share
 
tumblr_nxpg7ohSq41qcq760o1_r1_500.gif
ikonicforever · Posted January 10, 2016 @ 3:00 am
At least she made a name for herself already just like Bobby, B.I, Mino and Seungyoon have as well. I don't know who is the actress. Well I'm excited for the new girl group though, YG is really changing because before it was pure hip-hop because of Big Bang, 2NE1, iKon and Epik High and made some different genres and concepts because of Winner, JinuSean, AKMU and Lee Hi. So I'm excited! Fantasy fighting! :)
Reply · Report · Share
 
more