Epilogue

Of Edges and Scars [Seventeen's fanfic contest]

A pair of hands s onto Dino’s waist, earning a quiet gasp from the latter.

“What are you cooking?” Wonwoo asked as he rested his chin above the black haired’s shoulder, glancing over the stove to see what his love is cooking.

Dino rolled his eyes playfully as he motioned to the pan he’s holding. “Can’t you see it? It is bacon and eggs, silly,” he joked, rubbing Wonwoo’s hand that’s wrapped around him soothingly.

Since their escapade two years ago, both of them have been living together in a new town that’s calm and cozy; perfect for their likings. Other than that, majority of the neighbors were elderly people, and it’s a small town. Therefore, nobody could find them easily and they have their private space.

Everything changed a lot since then, and now, they’re contented with each other’s presence. Everything seems perfect. Quite hard to believe, yet it’s able to be grasped onto their hold.

Nothing will ever be able to separate them now.

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, he heard faint noises saying, “It’s been awhile and he still hasn’t woken up,” around him, along with a reply of, “But his breathing is quite stabilized and he has passed his critical state. I believe he’ll wake up soon.” And footsteps heard through his ears.

A small movement from his fingers was followed with him opening his eyes slowly, squinting at the light that slowly creeps into his eyes as he gets used to the brightness. Steadily, he began to gain his vision again and noticed that everything’s almost white, making him almost impossible to differentiate his surroundings.

The lying figure let out a quiet groan before he tried to sit up, only to find himself failing due to the aching feeling on his waist. He then glanced down and noticed the tubes that were attached through his skin, yet it wasn’t painful for him; he just felt a slight bit uncomfortable.

Seeing the tubes… am I in the hospital? He thought to himself, then his guesses were answered when he saw a heart rate monitor beside him, showing his heart rate and beat. He glanced at it for a few moments before turning his head away to find something else.

However, he has an empty feeling when he realized he was alone.

Thinking hard to figure out what’s missing, he then tries to remember what happened before he went into the hospital. His head aches when he tries to think of something, but a slight flash suddenly appeared in his mind as he recalled something.

A familiar face appeared in his mind.

Jeon Wonwoo.

His eyebrows were furrowed together once again, feeling his insides boil at the name, not realizing that the heart monitor is speeding up and the nurse is calling the doctor that the patient had patiently woke up.

Just wait until I get out from the hospital, Jeon Wonwoo.

Mingyu curled up his hands together into a ball until his knuckles turned white.

Your life will never be the same again.