Chapter 2

A new beginning

WOOHYUN'S POV

“Woohyun-sshi, can I have a word with you?” The manager of my department standing closely to my cubicle.

 I gulped, all of the worker look at me. My nosy colleague mouthed good luck at me. I stood up quickly and followed the manager from the back, heading to his small office.

 The blood seems not to rush on my body properly. My hands were white and cold like ice. I must be very scared at this moment. My brain was arguing with myself, asking what did I do before that made me end in front of my manager that was now sitting on his chair. “Please sit down.”

How can I sit down in this kind of situation? I want to argue back, but it seems pretty stupid to do it now. I pulled the chair gently, not to make any squeak from it, finally sit down facing the manager.

“Did you know, we had a new CEO?” He asked while busying himself rearrange the stack of paperwork on his desk. Maybe he is searching for my resignation letter.

“Yes I do.” I answered it quietly. You didn’t scratch that CEO’s car by accident right? I asked myself.

“Well, I got ordered from him that he want you as his new secretary. His previous one got fired yesterday. I know she was a bit lack about knowledge though.” He smirked at his last words.

“I..I..What?” I stuttered as trying to put back my brain in piece and digest the new information that I gain from my manager. I got promoted? Promoted to be the CEO’s secretary? With highest salary? I can probably feed myungsoo with organic and healthy food! Or somehow move out from the filthy apartment!

“He wants you to be on your desk at 11am. I mean now?” The manager looks at me weirdly as I flashed the most sincerely smile.

I grabbed his hand and shook it repeatedly. “Thank you, manager-nim. You are so kind to me. Thank you!” I walked out proudly from his office, with my head up.

 I walked to my previous department and collecting my stuff before heading to my new shining table. It going to be wide and shiny, perhaps I will put a photo of me and Myung at the corner of the table for some motivation. I grinned at the imagination of mine that started to pop out one by one. Starting from new apartment, good and quality food to Myungsoo’s tuition fees.

 I don’t have to worry a bit since I got promoted and got a huge amount for my salary. Maybe triple than amount that I got now. I got in the elevator with a huge smile.

 “What’s with that face?”

 I just realised there’s a person next to me. I bowed slightly with a stupid grin still plastered on my face.

 “I got promoted today.” It wasn’t a big deal to share some of my happiness with stranger.

 “Oh.”

I almost frowned but I shook it off. No one will destroy my mood today. Not even this small eyes guy with fuming red hair.

“I will take it as a congratulation, Buddy.” I patted his shoulder as get off from the elevator. I could sense that he was quite shocked with my act.