Chapter Two - And The Reality Sinked In

Heal (A Taekai/Kaisoo Story)

A/N: This chapter is kind of short:/ So forgive me for that! Also Kyungsoo is coming soon! Not in this chapter, but really soon! (I know that I haven't put any kaisoo in this story, but later on, there will be some major Kaisoo moments (plus Taekai))

-storancoffee

.

.

Heart disease.

Heart disease.

Heart disease.

"W- what did you just say?" Jongin laughed nervously while rubbing the back of his head. "It's not funny, Taeminnie," He said while standing up.

"I- I'm sorry, I do-"

"No!" Jongin shouted, completely interrupting Taemin. "No! No! That can't be true! No, you- this, you can't actually be serious!" Jongin pulled his hair while shouting carelessly. He must've looked like a maniac. But who wouldn't act like that when they found out that their lover just got diagnosed with a heart disease? Taemin, sensing that his lover was not in his best state, tried to reached for Jongin's arm. "Jongin, please just listen to me-"

"No! Shut up! I don't- I just- Just shut up!" Jongin pulled his hand away, he didn't even realised that his eyes were already starting to teared up.

He felt like a failure. A complete failure. He failed to protect Taemin. The boy who meant the world to him. He promised to protect him, but now he failed.

He ing failed.

He couldn't think for a second, his mind just went completely blank. He was confused with himself. He didn't konw what to do. Hearing that news from someone you love was a huge deal. And it was all just too much for Jongin. He couldn't accept the face that his Taemin, his precious Taemin, got sick. He felt like a loser, he needed to get out of there.

"I- I'm gonna take a walk, okay? Just- don't try to chase me or whatever, I- I just need some time for myself" Jongin got out of the room quickly, he felt like he couldn';t breathe. He pulled out his shoes and put on his coat, and opened up the door.

He neede to get out of here.

Fast.

He quickly slammed the door behind him, ignoring the shouts of Taemin. He knew he shouldn't act like that, he was being selfish. Heck, he wouldn't be surprised if Taemin hated him. It wasn't the right thing to do, he knew. But it was all just too much for him. He loved Taemin too much and tyhat news just shocked him. He knew he was overreacting, but he couldn't helped himself. So many 'what-ifs' were running through his mind. His heart felt like it was breaking in half. He sniffled, wiping the tears from his eyes. He forgot that he was crying for a second, the feeling was too much.

He found a park nearby, and decided to go over there. And when his touched the park bench, he lost it.

He cried.

He cried really hard.

Jongin had never cried this much ever since he found out that superheroes were not real. He didn't want to lose Taemin, he knew how bad heart disease was, you need to find donors, and the possibility of living was really small, and he wished it was him, not Taemin. He would do anything to replace Taemin. How could this happened? Why Taemin? His body shook so hard and sobbed really bad. He felt like a kid again, he wanted to throw something, anything. Each minute, his obbing got louder and louder that he didn't even notice that his phone was ringing.

He pulled out his cellphone and looked at the caller.

Taemin's Mom.

He wiped his tears (again) and coughed a few times, just to make sure that his voice wouldn't crack that much. He prayed that Taemin's mom wouldn't notice his 'after-crying' voice.

"He- hello?" He stuttered. He heard his voice cracked and mentally slapped himself. ' you, voice.'

The traitor.

"Jongin? Honey? C- can you come to the hospital? Taemin fainted and he-"

 

Jongin had never ran so fast in his entire life.