Chapter One - The Introduction

Heal (A Taekai/Kaisoo Story)

Jongin first met Taemin when he was 12 years old.

They were neighbors, you see. They met when Taemin's family just moved into the neighborhood. Taemin's mom came to his house simply to introduced herself and her son. (Jongin used to wonder where was Taemin's father, but never actually questioned that to Taemin.) The boy shyly introduced himself as Taemin, and Jongin's first reaction was 'holy mother of chicken this boy is cute'. Jongin must had not realised that he had been staring at Taemin for long when he heard a slight chuckle coming out of Taemin's mouth.

Jongin swore he had never seen something more beautiful than that.

They got along pretty quick. Taemin went into the same school as Jongin, and everything just started to fall into places. Jongin knew that he had been in love with Taemin since he first saw him, call him cheesy or corny but it was true. He simply just fell in love.

But there was this incident, the one that made him swore he would protect Taemin with all his might.

It was summer, and Jongin was the last one to left school. He was walking through the hall, just walking and listening into his headphones when he heard some noises. At first he thought it was his imagination because it was already late, and he was pretty sure that almost everyone had gone home. But then he heard that sound again. The sound of whimpers. Curiousity got the best of him, and he found himself walking to the source of the sound. The next thing he saw was Taemin. He was just about to greet him when he noticed that Taemin was not in fact, alone. He frowned at that, simply wondering with whom Taemin was. But what he saw next made his blood boiled. He caught Taemin being bullied by the seniors in his school. He saw Taemin's clothes were full of stains and Taemin's face was full of bruises and Taemin was crying.

Crying.

Crying.

And when he realised that, he swore he saw red. He didn't even notice that his feet was already walking by themselves and quickly snapped out of his daze when he noticed that his arms were bleeding and the senior's nose was bleeding. He quickly stapped back once he realised he might've broken that guy's nose. He quickly pulled Taemin and told him to stay close to him, ignoring that senior's (whose name was Minho, he realised) yelling. And from that time, he promised Taemin (also himself) that he would anything to get Taemin smiling. Literally anything.

They dated after that. Jongin was not sure how that happened, but it did. He finally had the courage to aksed Taemin out. He didn't actually thought that Taemin would accept his 'declaration of love', he was ready for rejection. (In fact, he already prepared a box of tissue and a big tub of ice cream in case he got rejected and cried) They were so happy and so in love. Luckily Jongin's friends approved their relationship. (Sehun even said "You look like one of those old married losers", even though at the end, Sehun got his toe broken and Jongin couldn't care less), he was happy.

Was happy.

Was happy.

 

--------------------

 

It was Sunday when he heard the news.

He was simply just cuddling with Taemin while watching a chick flick on his old ugly cheap television when Taemin randomly just asked him a question. It was nothing unusual, Taemin liked to talk, and he would sometimes just asked the weirdest questions at the weirdest moments. And that day was not an exception.

"Jongin?" Taemin asked him.

"Hm?" Jongin answered back while rubbing his thumb on Taemin's hip. Taemin turned his face so he can looked at him, and asked again, "What would you do if you found out that I'm sick?" Jongin just simply stared at Taemin, wondering 'why was Taemin asking such a question'.

"Well," he stated, "I would probably punch myself for not being able to protect you from the bacterias that caused you to be sick," he joked. He heard Taemin laughed, and suddenly he felt proud to be able to made Taemin laughed like that.

"Not like that, you idiot." Taemin said once he finished with his laughing party. "I meant if I got sick, like really, really sick."

Jongin could sense that something was wrong from the way Taemin said that. He pulled Taemin closer and held Taemin's chin so he could looked at him better.

"Taemin, what's wrong?"

He frowned when Taemin looked away from him. Now he could sense that something bad was happening, and he didn't like that. Not even a slightest bit.

"Nothing! I was just wondering, that's all." Taemin said nervously. Jongin thought he looked adorbale and he would be more than happy to cooed at him, but now wasn't the right time. "Taemin, tell me what's wrong." He looked at Taemin in the eyes, a sign to showed that he wanted him to be honest. "It's noth-"

"Taemin."

"It's nothing! I'm tell-"

"Lee Taemin."

A sigh could be heard. He noticed that Taemin had been acting really really strange these past days. He got lost in his own thoughts a lot, he stumbled a lot, and he even once caught him almost passing out when they were out on a date. He was worried alright?

"It's just- promise me that you wouldn't be mad," Taemin said and held out his pinky to him. He chuckled at the cute gesture. "Of course, baby. There's no reason to be mad at you. Well, unless you're cheating on me, that is," he jokingly squinted his eyes and glared at Taemin who was by now chuckling really hard. "But really, tell me what's wrong." He said.

He could notice that Taemin was biting his lips, a sign that he was afraid but nervous.

"I- I have a disease." He stated. He was by now fiddling with this thumbs. "Okay? Can you tell me what disease?" He asked Taemin.

"It's really bad, and it's-"

"Taemin, just tell me. It's okay," he reassured Taemin. It was getting on his nerves, and he was curious as hell. But what came out of Taemin's mouth next made his heart stopped.

 

 

"I have a heart disease. A bad one."

 

 

Jongin swore he could feel his world came crashing down.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

So the first chapter is finally up! This is just the introduction, of course, and sorry to dissapoint you but there's no Kyungsoo in this chapter. Like I said, this is just the introduction so this is just to explain Taekai's past and all, but I can promise you that you will be seeing Kyungsoo reaaaaallyy soon!! So for all Kaisoo's shipper out there, just stay tune for the next chapter(s).

I haven't figured out which pairing will be the main pairing yet, I happen to love Taekai and Kaisoo very much, and it's kinda hard for me to choose one. I am hoping that you guys could halp me to decide which pairing I should choose to be the main. I rpomise to be equal with each pairing, so all the Taekai/Kaisoo shippers will be happy. Kaisoo moments are coming soon and Taekai's story will also be soming soon so get ready!

Also, english is not my first language so I apologize for any grammar mistakes, and I would be more than happy to receive critisms and suggestions. Please do comments about what you think about the story, since that would just make me really happy. And like I said, you are free to give me some critics. Please do tell me if you think my grammars are too messed up or the plot is too fast and/or boring.

Thank you so much for reading!

-storancoffee