It's you

Catching Sparks

.

" I'm sorry, I wasn't looking- "

 

" It's you! " A familiar voice resounded into Jiwon's ears. He felt the sides of his lips curl up as his heart skipped a beat.


 
It was Kim Hanbin. The person he was longing to see so he his mind would stop tormenting him with images about this man- or so he thought that was what he wanted. Hanbin stood there in dark clothes which made his bright smile stand out. Jiwon froze in his place, smiling as he looked at the other as if he waited for a year. 
Jiwon then felt a pair of hands wave in front of his face. Was he spacing out again? Or was he just surprised?

 

" I-It's me, yeah! " was the only words that came out of his mouth. He heard Hanbin giggle.

 

" What was your name again? I don't think I managed to catch up on it before, I guess I was staring at you too much as well. " The other asked, smiling shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. Jiwon on the other hand, felt his face heat up as he heard the other's statement, recalling how he basically space out while looking at the young man and how he's saying he's been staring as well. It was all so peculiar. Jiwon still felt so confused, but he figured now is not the right time to be lost.

 

" I'm Jiwon, Kim Jiwon! " He spoke out too enthusiastically but avoiding eye contact. Hanbin nodded and repeated his name. "-- and I'm actually a 95-liner!" Jiwon added, finally gathering up confidence to meet the other's eyes.

 

" I'm Kim Hanbin again, if ever you forgot about mine." He swayed his head side to side like a kid. "Oh how could I ever forget about you." Jiwon murmured, almost earning Hanbin's attention.

 

" Jiwon-hyung, are you going somewhere? I would like to ask maybe you can join me for dinner."  The older stood there, spacing out again into who knows what galaxy he's already seeing. He finally sees Kim Hanbin. His initial plan was to just get a glimpse, if ever-  greet and just be done with it. Only so his confusing thoughts of this person would stop but why, why is Jiwon having second thoughts now? Why is he so drawn into this person? Why has he been wanting to get him off his mind when in the first place, he wanted to see him as soon as they parted?

 

" Silence means yes, right? Another time then? " Jiwon immediately shook his head frantically.

 

" No! I mean, No I'm not going somewhere and yes I would really really like to have dinner with you. " He almost stuttered and spewed out nervous words like a twelve year old confessing to his crush. He seriously just want to fly away and disappear now.

 

" Hm, I thought so! Last time I remember, you were eagerly making sure you'd see me again. " Hanbin cheekishly said, winking playfully and began walking ahead.

 

" It's not like that! Honestly, I really just wanted discounts! " Jiwon followed, slowly jogging to the younger's right side.

 

" Bah! Don't lie, you don't even like coffee."  He took out his tongue and chuckled, slowly nudging Jiwon with his elbow as both of his hands were inside his hoodie's pocket.

 

" And how could you say that!? I like coffee, it keeps me up longer than it should then I end up not sleeping at all. Nice right? I love coffee!" Jiwon threw is hands up.

 

" I'm right?! Ey, so you really wanted to be close to me then~ " The younger said in a teasing tone. Jiwon trying hard not to get defeated by who he now labled 'cheeky cafe cutie'. He was really fighting the urge not to pinch the guy's face. They weren't close enough, his mind is still stirring up inside so he's keeping careful about his actions- for the meantime that is.

 

" Anyway, so you don't have work right now? " Jiwon decided it was best he changed topics. He saw Hanbin shrug a bit, but it seems to be just right for him.

 

" I actually have work to do at midnight but I changed shifts in the cafe. So my job ended just a few minutes when we bumped into each other. " He explained, his eyebrows rising up worriedly. Jiwon nodded once, realizing that's the reason why he didn't see him whenever he walks by so early in the morning. He should've tried different times, he thought. Though it's fine now that he has finally caught up with him.

 

They both went on their way to a local restaurant chattering endlessly with Hanbin teasing here and there. Jiwon was having a blast nonetheless, it seems like he has forgotten the issue he has made between him and his head. Both found their seats, just beside the windows. The view wasn't nice at all but they both figured out watching old men stumble about their chairs while drinking is entertaining enough to watch.

 

They both got their orders and sat infront of each other comfortably. Hanbin propped his elbow on the table, resting his chin over his hands while he watched the drunk elderly outside the window. Jiwon on the other hand, leaned back quietly. Soon enough, he heard Hanbin chuckle, entertained by the ruckus happening outside. Jiwon then found himself admiring the smiling figure in front of him.  ' I wonder... ' 

 

Suddenly, plates were being placed on their table. Hanbin gave way to the waiter and watched as their meal was set down completely. Jiwon did the same as he got a chopstick and broke it into two. Silence grew between the both of them as soon as Hanbin began eating. The older, in a good mood, decided he should speak out and know more about this person he's been so interested about.

 

" Hanbin-ah, How long have you been working at the cafe? " Jiwon asked, taking a bite on his meal. The other finished chewing his food, swallowing it before looking up.

 

" Almost two years now.  Although, I'm not really working there full-time! "

 

" Because you're in college, aren't you? " Hanbin fell silent, looking back down to his food and eating again. Jiwon felt a different vibe from Hanbin that made him worry. Should he ask? He didn't know if he should, he figured out Hanbin should be the one to open up - only if he wanted to.

 

" So, How have you been these days though? " Jiwon changed the topic immediately.

 

" It's been doing great actually. I'm earning more since I recently got an additional job. Although it's been keeping me up late. " Jiwon nodded and continued to eat.

 

" How about you though? " Hanbin asked back.

 

" Well, I'm always good! College has never been something stressful for me since I enjoy the course I'm taking. All good! " Jiwon beamed up. It's true, college has never been something that made Jiwon scratch his hair off. It was all fun for him. Major subjects or not, he took it calmy and is actually performing quite well for a student who loves to hang out a lot. As long as he got music with him, Jiwon believes he'll be motivated to do anything.

 

" Honestly though, my thoughts have been bothered by someone and I couldn't stop thinking about that person. " He shook his head and laughed ridiculously. Hanbin titled his head to the side, curiously.

 

" But I'm kind of glad to see that person now! " With that, Jiwon gave Hanbin the brightest smile he got.  He then noticed Hanbin looking down, he worriedly put his hand over the other's shoulder and gave him a light shake. " Anything wrong? "

 

Slowly, Hanbin brought his head up revealing a somewhat reddened face who's trying hard not to chuckle but the sides of his lips curled up a little. Jiwon found this cute, most especially the way Hanbin's cheek puffed out a bit. " Why is your face like that, yah Hanbin-ah!? " Jiwon dramatically yelled, tapping the younger's cheeks lightly.

 

" Why are you saying those things!? " Hanbin shook his head, frowning a bit. Still, Jiwon found this cute. " So, when it's you it's fine? But when it's me, it's not allowed huh? "  They both laughed out loud.

 

Soon enough his goal of stopping his thoughts about this man got flooded away by the blossoming feeling that rose in the pit of his heart. Their conversation consisted of talks about the cafe, Jiwon's experiences with troubling women and casual teases on each other.  Jiwon was having another great time and so did Hanbin. It was a fun experience, Jiwon didn't know what was happening inside him, it was different and he doesn't want to do anything about yet. He's completely fine with the flow he's in. What made him feel more peculiar was the happiness he got when he and Hanbin exchanged numbers before his train finally arrived and both bid farewell with bright smiles painted across their faces. 

.

.

.

Starting that day, Jiwon didn't mind Hanbin in his thoughts anymore.

.

.

{x}

First of all, sorry guys for updating veeeeery late. A term in college just ended and now I'm in a new one, yay! I will do my best to continue this story even though I'm literally writing it without a concrete storyline. So many things are really happening to me, it kinda ! I hope that you guys are still interested.PLEASE COMMENT if you're still reading so I'll know if I'll continue this since I'm planning on writing a new one ( Also Double B ) So yeah! I'm really sorry again. This Author-nim is a busy and messy person. (kind of depressed as well)

I'm also still getting subscribers and views. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! It means a lot to me ㅠㅠㅠ Also this chap isn't checked yet!

Thank you for reading! Comment / Subscribe °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°