Mess

Catching Sparks

.

" Hyung, are you sure this is a good idea? "

 

" I'm 200% sure of that-- Come on, Jiwon. You haven't dated anyone for 4 years. "

 

" I feel like I haven't dated anyone since I was born. This might just be like the rest of the people I meet, nothing special. I don't know, hyung but no girl has ever given me that certain real spark I'm looking for-- "

 

" Quit talking. You haven't even met the girl yet. Just get inside the cafe, will you? She's been waiting for an hour already. "

 

" Alright, alright. I'll kakao you the progress. "

 

Jiwon hanged the call up before heaving a deep sigh. He made no effort whatsover, but even messed up his already messed up hair that almost parted in the middle. He wore a flashy hoodie, a big white shirt underneath, a worn out jeans and his favorite pair of jordan sneakers. ' Whatever, Jiwon. Just give it a try. ' He shrugged and made his way into the cafe.  The aroma of coffee beans being brew greeted him as soon as he opened the wooden door. Looking around, Jiwon immediately noticed a young woman in blue fur coat waving at him frantically while being seated beside the window.  He automatically smiled back at her, then looking at his hyung's text to make sure.

[2:30] kjinani : She said she'll be wearing a blue coat with fur on it. 

[2:30] kjinani : She's pretty cute, so you'll notice her immediately. Good luck on your date, Jiwon-ah!

[2:32] kingbob : I think I saw her already-- I'll see, Jinhwan-hyung.

He quickly replied, and hurriedly approached the waiting woman and sat infront of her. She gave him a shy smile while tucking some of her hair behind her ear. The woman was undeniably beautiful. She had a small pointed nose, big eyes and small lips. She also smelled like candy.

 

" I-I'm sorry for arriving so late! I'm Kim Jiw---"

 

" You're Kim Jiwon, I know! It's not a big deal, I'm a patient girl. " She cut him off and grinned, making her lose her eyes. Jiwon scratched the back of his neck and just nodded. The woman then began introducing herself, telling Jiwon about her profession as an online clothing shop model.  Jiwon listened giving smiles and chuckles to some of the girl's words. ' She's quite talkative. ' He thought. He didn't mind talkative people, in fact, he likes talkative people as they're much more interesting to talk to- Jiwon only hopes that their conversation wouldn't just evolve around her.

 

" I finished at a very good school with great honors. A lot of guys says I'm really interesting, but I don't think so!--" She went on and Jiwon swore his head will get dislodged soon as he nodded on every word she said.

 

" You're interesting--" She giggled shyly and fluttered her eyes.

 

" Don't flatter me too much, oppa! " Hitting Jiwon's arm playfully. Jiwon cringed inside.

 

" -- and I think we should order a drink? We're at a cafe, anyway. " Jiwon finally finished his sentence. They both stood up and the girl immediately hooked her arms to Jiwon.

 

" You're so smart, oppa! " The woman blurted out. ' Someone help me ' Jiwon subtly rolled his eyes and sighed lightly.

 

Jiwon and his interesting date arrived infront of the counter. There were numerous bread products displayed on the glass shelf just beside the cashier. Behind the counter were the barristas and a young cashier guy who Jiwon guessed was place there in order to attract female customers. He had a white complexion, plump redish lips, a sharp nose and an almost naive appearance. Jiwon shook his head, thinking he might just be too engrossed in observing the  cashier guy.

 

The cashier studied Jiwon who was awkwardly situated beside the energetic woman and smiled to himself. " What would this lovely couple get? "

 

" We're not- "

 

" My boyfriend would like a Caramel Machiatto and his girlfriend would like a Strawberry Latte please, extra cold, extra whipped cream and three additional pumps of strawberry syrup! " Once again, before Jiwon could even finish speaking.

 

" One Caramel Machiatto and One Strawberry Latte- extra cold, extra whipped cream and two additional pu---"

 

" I said three, are you deaf? " The young woman almost yelled at the cashier. The cashier apologized, bowed his head and took the payment. Jiwon broke away from the girl and scratched his head. As if he wasn't fed up enough. Jiwon's companion took a few candies from the free candy box beside the counter and the two went back to their seats. 'That's why she smelled like candies.' They both conversed once again with Jiwon feeling less and less into it. Their orders finally came and the woman got herself busy with drinking, giving poor Jiwon a chance to speak properly.

 

" You're really an interesting girl. You seem smart, and you're very beautiful. " The girl smiled and nodded her head cutely but Jiwon sighed. She wasn't the one and Jiwon figured out being honest would be the best thing to do.

 

" But..There's nothing. " Jiwon looked down, getting ready to hear sobbing as what usually happens when does it to his previous dates.

 

" Nothing? What else could you ask for, Jiwon!? I've got the brains, the beauty and a very pleasing personality! " She stood up and smacked the table, alarming everyone in the cafe. 

 

Jiwon shook his head and stuttered;" It's n-not that! Calm down, everyone is looking already- "

 

" You're going to regret this. Everyone who didn't date me in highschool regret it! You couldn't just reject a woman like me! " She yelled louder and louder. A few seconds later, the young cashier guy arrived in the scene with a huge frown painted across his face, opposite to the naive look he had just a while ago.

 

" Excuse me, but would you mind having this conversation outside? There are other customers around--" The cashier guy mantained his cool despite looking angry. But again, he was cut off.

 

" Can you just mind your own business, you dumb ! " The girl snapped back at her. And that was it. The cashier guy sighed deeply and shook his head.

 

" I think you should just leave. " Jiwon said gently, looking down.

 

" You're not dumping me, I'm dumping you! You're not even that attractive! " She yelled as she got her bag. " Also, your coffee tastes like crap! I'm never going back here! " She added before storming out the cafe. Sighs of relief resounded inside the cafe that came from the other customers and staffs. 

 

" As if we'd like to have you here again, witch. " The cashier guy murmured and straightened his clothes as he tried to compose himself back to calmness. Jiwon was left there surprised by the recent outrage. He didn't felt embarrassed for himself, but felt bad for the young woman's behaviour which not only affected him, but also the people around the cafe especially the cashier guy. This was something Jiwon wanted to avoid. Going on dates, meeting the wrong one and making someone cry, for this case, making someone angry. He hanged his head down deciding that he's so done and that's his last set-up date.

 

" Hey, could I sit down here for a while? " Lost in his thoughts, Jiwon snapped back to reality as the cashier guy asked if he could sit with him. He just nodded and felt the guy pull a chair from another table, sitting then in front of him. "Wouldn't want to catch that woman's germs, right? " That remark formed an unexpected smile upon Jiwon's lips. He grinned and slowly looked up to see the other smiling back at him.

. . .

 

[6:46] kjinani: So how did the date go, Jiwon?

[6:50] kingbob  : It was great, hyung! I really had a lot of fun ;)

[6:50] kjinani  : But

[6:50] kjinani  : She texted, told me she dumped you.

[6:54]  kingbob It was amazing, believe me hyung. 

[6:55] kjinani  : You're confusing me.

[6:57] kingbob  : I'm going home now, gotta catch the train. Thank you, hyung! 

 

.

.

{x}

Hello everyone! I finally kicked my up to post the first chapter╰(*´︶`*)╯°˖✧  I hope everyone would get interested! This fic was supposed to be a oneshot but I figured out it would be too long so I made it into chapters. I have an ending in mind already but if I get good responses, I'm willing to make it longer. Let's just see, mkay?

Thank you for reading! Comment / Subscribe °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

 

double b is love, double b is life