Cashier Guy

Catching Sparks

.

" Hey, could I sit down here for a while? " Lost in his thoughts, Jiwon snapped back to reality as the cashier guy asked if he could sit with him. He nodded and watched as the guy pull a chair from another table, sitting then in front of him. "Wouldn't want to catch that woman's germs, right? " Jiwon smiled and looked up to see the cashier guy smiling at him as well.

 

A pause happened then suddenly, a burst of laughter came from the both of them. 

 

" I think I just got her germs on my arms, man! " Jiwon joked back, brushing off invisible germs from his sleeves comically making weird disgusted facial expressions. The guy in front of him, laughed out louder. " Don't tell me you're going to turn into a witch as well, or perhaps an ogre? " He backed a way playfully. Jiwon laughed until his eyes disappeared.

 

" Don't you think I'd be too handsome to be an ogre? " Jiwon posed handsomely, with his hand running through his hair.

 

" You actually have a good point there. " The cashier guy grinned, leaning back and  crossing his arms. Jiwon had another burst of laughter by the other's comment. ' He smiles really well. '  He thought, but then felt peculiarly silent diverting his eyes outside the window and into space.

 

The young man released a sigh before speaking out once again. " Still pretty bummed about the date, huh? I guess I couldn't really make a customer feel better again. " He shook his head in dismay. Spacing out, Jiwon had a little flashback although it wasn't really that long since it all happened. He recalled the young man infront of him getting insulted by the girl, the rude behavior and the whole commotion. Jiwon felt horrible, thinking he was to blame for the outrage which wasn't entirely true since he couldn't force himself to like the woman, most especially by the way she behaved. He felt the need to apologize.

 

" Ah, I would like to apologize. " Jiwon couldn't bring himself to look at the other, but just lowered his head down. " The way she spoke to you was wrong. I mean, It was really rude! I'm sorry about that, sir--? " The cashier guy looked at him seriously, almost menacing to Jiwon's eyes." You have to do something better than aplogizing, young man. It destructed my being, just unbelievable. " His eyebrows furrowed into the center.

 

Jiwon was startled and began spewing out shaking words of apology. "Sir,  I-I'm sorry. It was very wrong! " The cashier guy bought his hands together and cracked his knuckles. Jiwon gulped, shutting his eyes tightly waiting for something to hit him. 

 

" Poink. "

 

A finger landed on his forehead. Jiwon slowly opened his eyes one at a time, to see the person beside him grinning playfully once again. " What? " The cashier guy laughed out  loud once again. Jiwon couldn't help but feel embarrased for looking so scared, but he really thought he would get hit. Talk about dumb.

 

" You're so serious! I'm not mad, geez! You're a funny guy, you know that? And Sir? Seriously? " Jiwon felt like banging his head down the table, not from embarrassment but for another reason he really couldn't point out. ' Ah Jiwon, what's happening to you!? ' He just knocked on his head instead.

 

" You also don't have to say sorry, because I got my little revenge. " 

 

" Woah- Wait man, how exactly!? " Jiwon's small eyes got miraculously bigger.

 

" That girl has been chowing down on the free candies. It said one only, but she kept getting three at a time! And you know, it was meant for children only. Unbelievable, right? " Jiwon wanted to laugh, but it seems like these kind of things really means a lot for this cashier guy.

 

" --and see those mugs right there? " He pointed at a neatly arranged mug collection near the counter. " Your pretty date figured out it would be great if she touched each one of them and not putting them back in place. Now I had to polish everything all over again and rearrange! " The cashier guy shook his head, looking very pained about the situation.

 

" That's horrible!-- " Jiwon pulled out his acting skill and pretended to be very concerened. The other answered back; with a sad nod. "--but, man, what did you do? " He emphasized on the question.  

 

" Chill, I was just getting to that part. Hm, remember when she went about how our coffee tasted like crap?  " Jiwon nodded. " Actually, I accidentally switched the coffee with a bit of laxative for my workmate who's having problems with his toilet business. " The cashier guy, looked down and fiddled with his fingers, feeling a tad bit guilty.

 

" Then the merciless side of me just kind of took over, so I didn't bother changing the mixture, besides the laxative had a flavor. A bad one. " He quickly said before covering his mouth, expecting Jiwon to get at least a little bit angry about the whole thing.

 

Fortunately, Jiwon disliked her as much as this stranger did. " I guess we could say the witch will be busy over her pot for the rest of night? " He cracked a joke, and the other guy released a sigh of relief before chuckling together once again. " I thought you'd get mad about your pretty little girlfriend! "

 

Jiwon coughed. " Not even close! Man, you're something! " He relaxed his back against the chair and continued his conversation with the other. ' Really something. '

 

It was obvious. Jiwon was having fun. Weirdly enough, even though the man he's talking to right now was far more talkative than the girl he was on a disaster date with, he wasn't really bad. He wasn't bad at all. Truthfully, Jiwon enjoyed every part of the conversation he had with this stranger. The cashier guy and Jiwon got comfortable by each passing minute. Talking about things that happened within the walls of the cafe. It was all good to the point that Jiwon has completely moved on from the mess that just happened. He's interesting, full of life and he's got this strange sense of humor that might actually look lame for others, but Jiwon is enjoying it. ' He's just so unpredictable, isn't he? ' Jiwon thought to himself, observing the man in front of him who's busy ranting about the customers who wastes too much tissues, workmates who doesn't know how to measure out ingredients properly and silly little things like that. Jiwon could never have guessed how this naive looking person end up as talkative, but weirdly very interesting to Jiwon's eyes. There's just so many things about him that makes Jiwon want to know him better. But first, Jiwon would want to bang his head on the table once again. Oh for what reason can it be.

 

" Are you done staring at me? Because I think I really should head back to work now. " The cashier guy stood up from his seat and straightened his apron. Lost in his thoughts as usual, Jiwon shook his head and quickly came back to reality. ' Embarrassing. '

 

" How long have we been talking!? " Jiwon shot up from his seat.

 

" About two hours and a half? "  The other replied, fixing himself up some more.

 

" That was two hours!? I'm sorry-- you might get scolded by the owner! " He bowed numerous times.

 

" No worries, chubby cheeks over there filled in for me! " The cashier guy pointed to the cashier station where a tall young looking guy waved back enthusiastically.

 

" So-- " Jiwon looked down and rubbed his arm. " I really had a great time talking with you."

 

" I would be lying if I said I didn't. " The cashier guy smiled, rearranging the chairs back to its original position. Jiwon smiled back and nodded happily.

 

" But I hope you aren't befriending me just to get discount. "

 

" Something more, actually. " Jiwon shyly murmured but the other heard.

 

" Free espresso? " The cashier guy jokingly said back. They both chuckled once again.

 

" Nah, I'm just kidding! Mind telling me your name? "

 

" You're so busy looking at my face, you didn't even notice my nametag right here. " He felt like he wanted to smack himself. He squinted his eyes more to read the cashier guy's nametag. ' Kim Hanbin. '

 

" You were just talking a lot that's why I never got a chance to look at your nametag! Uh, Hanbin-hyung? " Jiwon said in defense. Hanbin laughed and began walking away. " I'm a 96' liner, you might be older than me! "

 

" But will I see you around!? " Jiwon yelled but Hanbin just got back to his station and waved at him with a smile. ' I guess that's a yes? '

 

Jiwon got out of the cafe, stopping at a mirror to fix himself. The night was already turning dark blue when he has gotten out. ' It's this late already? ' He checked his phone, it was almost 7 pm. Seems like he really spent a long time inside the cafe talking to that cashier guy. Nonetheless, Jiwon was happy. He went to his kakaotalk to message his close friend, Jinhwan. Saying that he enjoyed the day, despite the earlier mess. He walked along while texting, with an unconcealable smile painted on his face. After a very quick conversation, he hid his phone and hyperly jogged himself to the station.

 

Fortunately, he arrived just in time for the 7 o'clock train. The train was there with a crowd of people walking out. He waited until everyone has gotten off and jumped in.  He heaved a sigh of relief and threw himself on one of the chairs inside. Jiwon decides to close his eyes for the rest of the train ride, slipping into his big pool of thoughts as per usual.  Images of someone smiling and laughing kept repeating in his head. Jiwon could feel the ends of his lips curl up.

 

" Kim Hanbin." A name espaced from his lips.

 

Jiwon immediately opened is eyes in disbelief. ' What the actual f- !? '

 

.

{x}

Sorry for the long wait. I got busy because of college and some stuff happened but here it is!  I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, because Jiwon enjoyed it (*´︶`*)

Thank you for reading! Comment / Subscribe °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

 

double b is love, double b is life