Chapter 9

What If

"What are we Seonhee?" He mumbled. I was stunned by his questions. It never occurred to me before and truly... What were we really?

We did go out frequently with just the two of us. Every Wednesday and Friday, to be exact. But none of us ever called it a date. We just...spend time together. He never said it was a date, and I did not find it necessary to consider it a date.

We messaged each other a lot too, every night on the phone before we go to sleep, with him sometimes calling because he never really liked text messaging, claiming it unable to get the proper meaning or expression across.

He would sometimes drop by at my work place at Kona Beans, saying he just wanted to buy some hot coffee and relax, ending up staying until I knock out of work. He would then walk me home although I keep telling him that I'm perfectly fine by my own.

He never asked me to be his girlfriend and I never asked him to be my boyfriend. He never asked me to go on a date with him, although we did go out often. We never said anything about how we feel about each other except to say that we feel comfortable in each other's company. True, I like him. I like him a lot. I may even let out more than I admit.

We are not just acquaintances. We are friends. Closer than conventional friends. Does that mean we are more than that?

He looked up from his stare on the floor, burning holes at the concrete. He gazed at me intently through the curtain of his fringe.

"Seonhee?" he whispered, almost too soft, but I heard it anyway. I gazed at him back, before biting my lips to hold back a smile that threatened to escape.

 

He reached for my hands and pulled me closer to him until I could feel his breath in my ears and said, "Be mine..."

Jiyoo's POV

I don't think I will be able to face Siwon again. I could not even look at him while he was teaching. I only stared at his arm, muscular, but not too bulky and at his chest which would be a nice place to bury my red... Stop it. I shouldn't be daydreaming about my own teacher. My teacher.

Eeeek Jiyoo! I mentally screamed at my head when I heard footsteps towards me.

I was about to look up, getting ready to scold that monkey of an Eunhyuk for skipping class and leaving me to do this pairwork by myself. When I saw who was approaching, it nearly knocked the air out of me. Before I could really faint there (or more like swoon, I would say) I sat back down and tried to shield my tomato red face and goofy grin with my hair.

My hair does not seem to doing a good job because, his hand, gently touched my shoulder. My body tensed up immediately and I wish I could just make the legal comm book swallow me up right there.

"Are you alright? You're..." he paused for awhile then said, "bright red."

If it was possible for me to turn any brighter, I think I would have already been sent to the hospital for fear of human explosion. Not helping my case, was Yoomin and Donghae who was pointing and giggling at the exchange between me and the hot...I meant Siwon. Mr Siwon.

"Jiyoo?" he whispered. It was a good thing the whole class was busy attacking their own pairwork and could not see me, my tomato face and the me forcing the book in on myself. Like as if it wasn't bad enough, he sat beside me, on the chair where that monkey was supposed to be sitting. Darn that monkey!

"I will help you with this pairwork since Eunhyuk did not show up."

He then, gently pulled the book of my tight grip before chuckling softly. Oh gosh, why must his laugh be so heavenly?

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothing, I said the book is interesting." I did not just say that out loud. Geez good thing he did not really heard it.

"You're cute," he said and then he gently swept my hair, my shield, my cover, and tucked it behind my ear.

I swear I could have died right there. I stared at him in surprise and he merely smiled at me. Oh that killer smile...if only I could just wipe that off with my... SNAP OUT OF IT LEE JIYOO!!!!

I looked down at my laptop and started typing away before realizing that I was typing exactly what I was feeling. I deleted it immediately before he could look up from the book. Why?? Why does his hair look so perfect although it just merely fell appropriately due to gravity's pull? How did he manage to twirl a pencil around his fingers looking like a...like a...himself?

I shook my head. Jiyoo, you need to get a grip. But I could not help but steal a glance at him, reading my book.

"How old are you exactly?" I blurted out before I could control myself. I blushed red again, covering my mouth with my two hands.

"21," he smiled. "I am ONLY 21."

__________________________________________________________

THANKS SO MUCH TO THE READERS AND ALL!! I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS UPDATE:) I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A DAY~~ love you lots!!

And oh!! CONGRATS TO OUR BOYS FRO WINNING DAESANG!! Love lots!!:):)