Chapter 31

Youngest of Pieces: World Invasion (12)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The second act of the concert begins when the video ends, fans are screaming their lungs out and jumping with hands in the air as 5 Pieces reappears after being away during the video, now showing up on a lift wearing identical leather dresses. Hannah’s voice is low speaking to the start of their rock version of [Moon Child], her head a bit low but eyes looking out at the crowd. An ocean with purple light sticks screaming out in excitement, the same they did for the first act and louder from how they screamed before the concert. The scream changed once 5 Pieces appeared.

Their explosive vocals and the lack of choreography makes the five ladies walk around on the main stage, acting tough with the Korean lyrics and live band putting a better rock feel to it and the ocean is in a loud storm of waves.

Julia gives Emelia a smile when seeing how badass Maria is when glaring at the crowd towards the end of the song.

This group mix their songs. The Korean songs pop up among the English ones, just like now; [Black & White] is in both languages, but for this tour and this country it is in English. And it seems like a song everyone in the audience knows. The fans are singing loudly along to the song, they scream when hearing a remix just to continue singing along to the lyrics they know.

Performing at the O2 seems like performing anywhere else. It is the crowd that makes it. During rehearsals, 5 Pieces and their crew have been amazed, gaping and looking around, finding it unbelievable that they have reached this place. After Tokyo Dome, Madison Square Garden and touring in the US overall just two months ago, London seems like a huge step into what they call WORLD INVASION. It feels like an invasion to them. Especially now. Knowing the fans tonight, who are screaming, singing and dancing along to most songs, are a mixed crowd of fans that knew 5 Pieces before [Girls Power] and even before [Daze] to new fans that maybe just for the past year has found a way into this fandom. However long they have been a fan, they all fulfil the concert in the best ways.

[Black & White] reaches an end and the ladies begins the next song; [You Thought Wrong Of Me]. To Hannah, it feels like each song they perform, the crazier their fans get. To Emelia, their fans have waited for this remixed version. Which is probably why Emelia goes a bit crazier too, acting out to the Korean lyrics the other ladies are singing, then acts calm during her own part. She is hilarious that way, probably with the thoughts that their fans here tonight don’t understand the Korean lyrics but she receives cheers for the expressions she gives when the other ladies are singing.

The part when [You Thought Wrong of Me] remixes, casually with the live band changing slightly to the stronger tone, 5 Pieces are singing [Switch]. It is a song not many fans know about, it was released before their first concert back in 2012 and it has been forgotten even among the crew until they mixed it up with [You Through Wrong of Me]. It is honestly one of the best remixes as midway they put in [Switch] with [You Thought Wrong Of Me]’s style and even today, with a crowd that doesn’t even know what the remixed song is, they love the performance. They love how 5 Pieces go all out with expressing the song’s lyrics with their voices, tough and rough, Maria sounds mad at the crowd, Hannah receives cheers for moving her hip.

It goes a bit too insane during the highlight when the ladies walk away from each other, Hannah follows Maria to one side of the stage while the band plays, and Hannah’s feet feel light moving to the beat – the adrenaline from their fans makes her catch up to Maria’s long legs. Everyone walking as if they has no care of the guy in the lyrics.

Maria turns around in time for the group to sing together and Hannah almost bumps into her, only making Maria smile when putting a hand on Hannah’s hip, staying close as they sing in fast Korean; *And every time you turn your back on me How would you know that’s how it is?* The fans are going nuts to that part, how neither Hannah nor Maria can stand still but Maria is keeping Hannah close to her, eyes focused on the younger lady who though finds it embarrassing to be so close face to face is still lost in the performance that she doesn’t really try to step back. Hannah is fast to almost scream out her part afterwards, her voice isn’t too rough and Maria is enjoying the part next to her, bouncing, before joining in. *That’s how it is! Would you know, no, that’s fine! Because I am! Fine without you! [+ Maria] You never learnt it right until I walked away* “Sing!” Maria calls out and continues with her part.

When the song ends the ladies turns around to go take their positons for the dance performance next. Julia touches Hannah’s arm, smiling when saying their fans will be the ones hoarse tomorrow, not 5 Pieces. Hannah don’t know about that; Maria is always hoarse after a concert.

When it is Emelia’s turn to perform solo, her [Silence Our Lips] stage featuring Zion.T on the big screen, Hannah is busy getting dressed backstage and trying to keep an eye and ear on the stage. Emelia sounds awesome, Zion.T’s appearance (even if it is just on the screen) receives cheers too. Emelia sounds really good rapping.

After an opening video for the next segment, Hannah is up with [New Me]. Emelia is the only one who has changed her solo, now doing her rap with her latest release. Hannah has [New Me] and [Slow Down] remix. [New Me] has been popular in Europe. Hannah has heard the song in the Swedish clubs and radios, but this is her first time performing the song in Europe. The whole O2 arena is dancing along, they are at the club all of a sudden, roaring with hands in the air and bodies moving. For Hannah, the crowd is different for this song. They used to sing along and just scream for the other songs but for Hannah’s solo she sees a lot of people are just dancing along, enjoying the song. For her short performance of the y [Slow Down] though, Puzzle goes fanatic.

Throughout the concert their fans are screaming and singing along, they are heard pretty much constantly. So in the end, what Julia said is probably true. And yes, at the end of the concert the ladies admit that London is more than a dream come true.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“The person who cries at today’s concert will put her or his name in the crying jar!” Emelia is re-announcing two days later, holding up a jar with already some folded pieces of papers in it.

Emelia came up with it after the first day, or she and Shiwon did. If you cry at the concert, you put your name in the jar that had been filled with candy but now will be full of names. When the four days in London are over, they will pick out three names of the people that will pay for the big finale dinner they are having after the last concert in this city. Some people thought it was a bad idea, like Maria and Hannah, but that’s only because they cry the most so their names will probably be put there four times (four concerts = four names). All of them cried at the first concert, they couldn’t help it, even their dancers shed some tears.

“I’m not crying tonight!” Maria roars out from the room next to.

In response to their leader, Emelia laughs loudly. She isn’t the only one laughing, several of their dancers laughs too; not believing Maria for a second. Hearing each other laugh over what Maria said they laugh more at each other for doing the same thing.

Maria reaches out her foot to touch Hannah’s leg, the two of them filling out the sofa. Well, Maria is filling out the sofa as she is almost lying down while Hannah has the corner, not taking much space at all because of Maria’s feet and not bothered by it either as there is an empty sofa right across from them.

“If you cry tonight,” Maria starts to tell Hannah with her foot resting against Hannah’s leg, “stay away from me, alright?”

“You’ll probably cry either way,” stylist Jung Hae boldly comments from the side, causing Maria to lean her head back with a laugh and trying to see her. Junghae is of the same age as 5 Pieces, a makeup stylist who has been working with them for a few years and who always seems to make Maria laugh with everything she says. Hannah just smiles, looking up from her phone.

There is a lot happening in the dressing-room yet it is calm in here. With camera-men filming and not filming, Hannah has stopped caring on the third day, they have cameras around them pretty much 24/7. Taking a glance around the room she does see Carolina sit on a chair by the mirrors, just done with her makeup for tonight’s concert and she has a camera to film herself, talking by herself too. Jung Hae is finishing Julia’s makeup, Emelia just left to go be loud and make sure everyone is aware of the jar game.

Maria’s foot presses harder against Hannah’s leg just for a bit to get her attention. Hannah gives her a hum, not looking away from the phone.

“You know I’ll cry if you cry, so don’t cry,” Maria wants Hannah to assure her of this, but Hannah just smiles down her phone. “Ya, baby, I don’t want to pay for dinner.”

“Alright, alright,” Hannah ends up answering with a laugh, not wanting Maria to keep saying that. Hannah has already decided to not cry tonight, because tonight they are filming the concert for their concert DVD. The youngest lady sneaks up when seeing the camera-man that has been filming around the room steps to the door, maybe going to look after Emelia (though she already has a camera-man with her) and Hannah steps up behind Carolina, bending her back to be captured in the frame too.

Carolina looks up when seeing her in the camera, just a bit interrupted by someone coming up to her. In English she explains to Hannah;

“I’m going through our points for today’s makeup.”

“Mm,” Hannah nods and takes a step to the side so she can see how Carolina’s makeup is. Her eyes look bigger with the slightly smokey makeup, the colours matches her dark brown hair. “Your eyes are really pretty in that colour.”

By the compliment, Carolina gives out a feminine laugh, slightly turns to the camera as if showing off that she just received a compliment out of the blue and then she links her arm with Hannah to pull her a bit closer.

“This is my best friend,” Carolina says cutely to the camera and Hannah smiles widely at the result of a simple compliment.

From a distance though, the leader’s voice is heard saying; “Whaaaaat…”

Hannah laughs loudly and takes a step away to clap her hands, seeing Maria in the back, still lying in the sofa but looking confused as she seems to have heard what Carolina just said.

“No one heard that,” Carolina quietly shakes her head to the camera.

“YOU MUST NOT TELL LIES!” Maria roars out to make sure it is heard and Hannah is laughing harder, stepping away from Carolina to go give Maria a high-five for quoting a character in Harry Potter. Only one other person in the room laughs at Maria’s words, probably also the only other person like Hannah understanding the quote; Hye Mi. She hasn’t worked as 5 Pieces’ stylist for long and she is slightly awkward with them, but she laughs at the joke so Hannah is certain Maria will invite her over sometime to have a Harry Potter movie marathon.

Carolina takes Hannah’s wrist to lightly pull her back and Hannah moves a chair to sit next to her friend.

“I have been talking about our makeup points for the third night in London,” Carolina continues with her video and Hannah is smiling down at the table, nodding to show she is listening. “What is Hannah’s point for today’s concert?”

“Um…” Hannah starts to say and looks at the camera to see how she looks. “I guess my dark lips is the point of the night. We’ll have to ask my stylist if we want it confirmed.”

The look Carolina gives Hannah makes the younger one smile, not sure what the look is for.

“You should focus more on what you want as a makeup point,” Carolina directs her.

“I trust my stylist,” Hannah assures her, smiling widely and proudly. And Hannah should probably have more to say about her makeup, but since her stylist Chae Hwan tends to not listen, Hannah finds herself giving up lately. It was Chae Hwan who made Hannah start wear dark lipstick and Hannah doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter