Track 3 ♪

The Break Up Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 A/N: In celebration of Taeyeon Unnie's Birthday here's an update! 

Also, I'm not sure if It's clear or not but the songs I've inserted in the story do have a meaning to the story. 

if you have any questions about a songs purpose in the chapter you can always comment below and I'll clarify :) 

 

Blanc & Eclare New York Office

 

Jessica: I’ve always known this day would come. She’s happy now. She’s moved on. That’s great. It’s more than great! But why do I feel the opposite? It’s been 6 years now. Six years without her in my life. I’m fine. Right?

 

“How’s it going?” My thoughts were interrupted when my friend of 8 years had come through the door. “How are the designs for the winter collection?”

 

“Hey Sunny-ah,” I sighed as I set my pencil down on the desk.

 

“Judging by that sigh of yours something’s up.” Sunny walked over towards my desk and sat down in one of the chairs placed in front of it.

 

“What makes you think something’s wrong?”

 

“We’ve been friends for 8 years now Jess. I can read you like a book. Is it about her?” I didn’t say anything. I didn’t have to; my eyes were enough to give me away.

 

“So it is...Do you want to talk about it?”

 

I met Sunny my first year of college. We were from the same college—the college of Business. She knows about my past relationship with Taeyeon and she also knows the reason why we broke up. Sunny was there for me through all of it. The good and bad.

 

“No.” I sighed. We stayed quiet for a while until I finally let it out. “I listened to the recording of her radio show guesting…”

 

Sunny nodded. She knew I’d tell her eventually, which is why she stayed quiet. “And?”

 

“She’s moved on…” I said. “I should be happy… I know that… I should be ecstatic because the guilt has finally been lifted off my shoulders…”

 

“But?”

 

“But why do I feel the opposite?” I sighed for what seemed like the nth time.

 

“You still love her.” She simply says.

 

“I--”

 

“Jess...let’s skip all the drama. Be honest with yourself. You still love her, that’s why you’re affected. I mean you still listen to her music, you watch videos of her guestings on shows, you even listen to her radio recordings. And don’t think I don’t know about the times you went to go see her at her fan signing events, music show performances,etc. I know about those too. You haven’t completely let go of her.” Sunny stood from her seat and made her way towards me. She took my hand and pulled me up to her embrace.

 

“It’s ok to cry you know…” She says in my ear. “You don’t have to act tough in front of me. You’re allowed to cry. She wasn’t the only one who got her heart broken.” Her words struck a cord in my heart. Not long after she’d said those words to me tears started streaming down my cheeks like razor blades.

 

We stood together like that for a while in silence. Sunny let me cry my heart out. I hadn’t shed a tear in front of anyone since the break up. I wouldn’t let myself do so. What right did I have? I was the one who broke it off. I was the one who broke her heart.

 

“Don’t you think it’s about time she hears the truth?” Sunny asked.  We made our way to the sofa in my office and sat down. She took the tissue box on the coffee table and passed me a tissue to blow my nose and dry my cheeks.

 

“And then what?” I say. “ It won’t change the fact that I broke her heart.”

 

“But it will make you feel better. It’s unfair to her you know...”

 

“I know.” I say. I took the used tissue I had in my hands and tossed it in the small trash can next to me.

 

“But you won’t tell her will you?” She says. I nodded. “I won’t force you to do so. But you should think about it. Secrets always have a way of coming out. You can’t keep it from her forever.”

 

“So I did some new sketches...” I changed the subject and walked over to my desk. I grabbed my sketchbook to give to her. “Take a look.” I handed it to her before walking back to my desk to check my make up for retouching. My makeup hadn’t smudged— thank goodness—damage control wasn’t a problem.

 

“These designs are great!” Sunny walks over to my desk.

 

“Is my makeup ok?” I ask.

 

“You don’t look ugly if that’s what you’re asking.” She joked. I shot her a glare and she laughed.

 

“I’m serious though, these designs are genius. I knew there was a reason why we’re in business together.”

 

“So you’re only in this for business?” With one eyebrow cocked up I gave her a questioning look.

 

“No, of course not.” She says while hooking her arm around my neck. “You’re my best friend, and our money maker.” She didn’t forget to add the last part and laughed.

 

“Yah Lee Soonkyu!” I swatted her on the arm.

 

“You know I’m kidding Ice Princess.” Sunny laughs. I rolled my eyes at her. “Ah, I almost forgot why I came by.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“How do you feel about expanding?”

 

“Expanding...what exactly?”

 

“The business of course.” Sunny says.

 

“Didn’t we just open up a location in China? Isn’t it a little too soon to expand somewhere else?”

 

“My point exactly, we just opened up a location in China and it’s doing really well!” She says. “So well that I’m thinking of expanding back home.”

 

“Home? As in South Korea home?”

 

“Yeah! Unless you’ve got another one?” She says.

 

“I don’t know…” Opening up a location in Korea seemed like a good plan from a business standpoint, but from a personal standpoint I’d have to reconsider the idea.

 

“Oh, come on. We’ve been away from home too long now. Six years to be exact, but who’s counting?”

 

“Apparently you are.” I retorted.

 

“Think about it, it would be a great idea. What better place to have a business than your home? Plus, don’t you complain how much you miss Krystal and wish she were here? I’m sure she does the same. I know it because I can hear you two talking almost every night.”

 

“Yah, we don’t speak every night.” I defended myself.

 

“Yeah that may be true, but it feels like it when you two speak for ages.” She says. Sunny and I are roommates, we share an apartment not far from our New York Office.

 

“Besides, you can’t keep running from your problems. You’ll have to face them someday.”  I hate it when she’s right. “You know I’m right. I’m always right.” She says with a smug smile.

 

“I don’t know about that last statement.” I laughed earning a slap on the arm. “But you’re right, I’ll have to face them someday… Just not now.” I say quickly adding the last statement. Sunny just shook her head and laughed.

 

Ring Ring

 

I answered my office phone and put it on speaker. It was Joohyunie. “Unnie.”

 

“Joohyunie~!” Sunny called out to the phone.

 

“Oh, Sunny Unnie Hi to you too.” Seohyun greeted.

 

“What’s up?” I asked.

 

“There’s someone here to see you.”

 

“Who is it? I don’t recall having any appointments today.” I say thinking about my schedule.

 

“It’s Yuri Unnie.” I frowned after hearing the name of that tan skinned womanizer. Harsh I know, but it’s the truth.

 

“Kwon Yuri?!?! The Model/Actress?!?” Sunny asked with wide eyes.

 

“Yah!” I shot Sunny a glare for yelling loudly.

 

“Did I hear right?” She asked.

 

“Yeah, Unnie. She’s here to see Sica Unnie.” Now Joohyunie too?

 

“Sica? I haven’t heard that name since our college days.” Sunny says.

 

“What should I do?” SeoHyun asks.

 

“Tell her--” Before I could finish my sentence Sunny cut in.

 

“Tell her we’ll be right out in 15 minutes.” Sunny says.

 

“Alright.” before I could cancel Sunny’s orders the phone hung up.

 

“Yah!” I slapped Sunny on the arm. “What’d you do that for?”

 

“If I hadn’t said anything you were going to turn the girl away!” Sunny says “Besides, it’s Kwon Yuri we’re talking about! Top star, best actress, not to mention stunningly beautiful model. She’s at our office to see our very own Ice Princess.”

 

“If you like her so much you go out there and meet her,” I scoffed.

 

“Yah! Did you not hear what I said? She came for you.” Sunny says. “Besides, how do you expect yourself to move on if you lock yourself in your tower. Just because things didn’t work out before doesn’t mean you should wither away and become an old spinster. You’re Jessica Jung Sooyeon for crying out loud. Her royal highness, Korea’s Ice Princess. It’s time you got out there.”

 

“I’m happy the way things are. I’ve got a successful business, great friends, a sister who loves me...What more could I need?”

 

“Um let’s see...Maybe someone you could share your happiness with, someone to love, someone who will love you back…? And don’t give me crap about having  Joohyun, Krystal, and I.” Sunny says.

 

“I had that Sunny…” I had it and I let go of it. I sighed.

 

“Well here it comes again, and lucky you she has personally come to see you. A busy star like her… You should be grateful.”

 

“Yah! You act like she’s the only busy famous person here.”

 

“Whatever. You’re going out there! I’m not going to let you pass this up.”

 

“If I refuse?”

 

“I’ll drag your out there if I have to.” She says getting ready to do as she says.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter