I'd Still See You

I See You (Oneshot)

Life is short.

Life is fragile.

Life only happens once.

 

How much longer could I hold under this pressure?

I feel like I’m being caved in.

What did they expect from me?

Why was I here?

 

“Minho hyung?” Taemin asked softly, “Are you okay?”

 

“Leave me alone,” I snapped quietly, making the maknae recoil in surprise. I’ve never yelled at him before.

 

“But hyung….”

 

“What are you, deaf?! I told you. Leave. Me. ALONE!” I snarled, whirling around to face him, his eyes pooling with tears.

 

“Mi-mianhae, hyung…..” He stuttered, running out of the room at full speed and into his Key umma’s arms.

 

His sobs rang out from Key and Jonghyun hyung’s room. What have I done?

 

Was I not good enough?

Was I not enough?

 

I’m breaking.

Piece by piece.

Until there is nothing left.

 

“Choi Minho.” Onew hyung said sharply from the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest and a stern look on his normally smiling face. “What’s wrong with you? You're not you anymore. Why the hell did you yell at him?”

 

“Leave me alone, hyung.” I mumbled, returning back to what I was doing before, staring at the white wall and thinking.

 

“Go. Get some air and don’t come back until you’re ready to stop being a moping jerk.” Onew hyung shoved a jacket into my hands, pushing me out the front door. “I’m not letting you in until 10 at the least.”

 

“But hyung!!! That’s 3 freaking hours!!!” I protested as the door was shut in my face and the click of the automatic lock rang out through the halls. . I didn’t know the pass code. Only Onew hyung and Manager hyung did.

 

They didn’t want me either.

 

I heaved a great sigh and trudged out into the chilly fall air and to the nearby park. The park is where I did all my thinking. The clear air made it easy to block everything else out and think.

 

I slowly made my way across the woodchips and to the swings, only to find a petite girl sitting there already, shivering in the faint breeze.

 

*sigh* I pulled off my jacket. I couldn’t let a girl freeze to death, especially not one as pretty as her. She jumped as my jacket fell across her shoulders, tripping and falling into my waiting arms.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” I looked down at her and I couldn’t believe what I saw. I was standing face to face with an angel.

 

“Oh. It’s okay,” she said sweetly, sitting back down on the swing. “Thank you for the jacket. I should have realized it was going to be cold before I came out. I’m SaeRin. Kim SaeRin. It’s nice to meet you………….?”

 

“Oh. I’m Choi Minho. The pleasure is all mine.” Did the girl not know who I am? How could she?

 

“So, what are you doing out here?” She asked, her face tilted up towards the stars in the sky. “Are you here to think too? I was think better in the fresh air.”

 

“Yeah? Me too.” I was startled now. How did this girl know exactly what I was thinking?

 

“I wish I was here to think today, though, instead of hiding out.” Her cheeks were puffed out in the most adorable way and she ran a hand through her curls, letting them tumble on to her narrow shoulders. “Do you ever wish you were someone else? I do. I never realized but I always wanted to be someone else. When I was little, I thought it was all just because of a game but now I realize that I was never satisfied being me.”

 

“I always wonder, will people love me still if I was someone different,” I said, agreeing with her in an unspoken way. “Will they still see me?”

 

“Of course they’d see you. You’re handsome. I bet you have millions of girls chasing after you.” True. I have all those fans. But would that last?

 

“What if I didn’t look the same?” My voice was filled with uncertainty and fear. It scared me how insecure I felt, how being with her made it all surface.

 

Silence. For a while we could only hear the sounds of our breath.

 

“I’d still see you.” She smiled at me, surprising me with a hug. “I’d still see you.”

 

And that was all I needed. A simple 4 words.

 

Acceptance.

 

Author's Note

I don't think I portrayed it very well.... T_________________T

If no one understands it..... then I'll delete it!!!!

Or re-write it....................