Epilogue Five.

I Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin stood on the rooftop of Ki Jung Wook, the restaurant that help great memories for her. She smiled as remembered when Jiyong had said he loved her. Since she was feeling free spirited, she let her golden hair out of the ponytail and enjoyed the feeling as the autumn wind blew it. Chaerin watched as the sun sank lower in the sky, light of the day draining away, giving way to the velvety dark of night, crickets chirping, dusky, colors subdued in the fading light, first buzz of musquitoes, street lights click on, day winding down, first star starting to show in the somewhat dark sky, short October darkness, air becoming cooler, evening landscape, the sharp shadow of a lamppost had faded into the dark of the sidewalk, only the faintest of light shone through the leaves.

Chaerin wanted to burst, she was that excited. Unfortunately, she waited and waited and waited until the gray sky became dark. Jiyong hadn't showed up. And she was still on the rooftop, where people had started to leave. Chaerin felt as if everyone on the rooftop was staring at her, even though they weren't. Her cheeks were burning so, that she wouldn't have been surprised if they caught fire. She was embarrassed because here she had been for the past 2 hours waiting for someone who had never came. She started to walk-run even though she had the desire to run away. 

Chaerin ran through the streets of Seoul. She was so hurt and angry and she didn't know if she had the right to be. Maybe something had come up and that's why Jiyong didn't show up. Or maybe his mother had asked him to come over. Jiyong's mother had never really liked Chaerin. Chaerin never knew why though. Anyway, whatever the reason was behind Jiyong's not showing up, he still could have called her. Told her he wasn't coming, so she wouldn't have spent 2 hours been excited over nothing. 

Everything was a blur as she ran, not that she made an effort to look at where she was going. All she wanted was to go home. The only thing she was thinking was that hopefully he wasn't cheating on her. She doubted it but it could be a possibility. Ever since they had met, he'd been the kind of guy who was loyal, humble, loving, caring, almost what every girl wanted in a guy. Of course he had flaws but so did she. And they fit each other perfectly. 

What if he was cheating on her? What was she going to do? Cheat on him back? 'NO!' Chaerin thought. 'What would that prove? That I'm just as much of a cheater as he is?' Maybe she would divorce him. But what about their child? She didn't want their baby to grow up to be fatherless. She had watched the Japanese anime Wolf Children. She knew how hard it was for Hana to raise not one but two children on her own. But at least her husband had died trying to find food for their children and he handn't ran out of their lives beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter