Chapter 7 – The Prolongation

Reminisce

February 6th, 2016 - Seohyun’s Apartement

Seohyun stayed inside her bed even though she had woke up since early in the morning. Her mind kept wandering here and there, thinking about the man who accidentally coming back to her life.

Yesterday she had recovered all of her memories but decided to keep it from Yonghwa. She fully understood that it was wrong and maybe he would not like it if he knew about it. However, she was not ready to see him leave her side. Not when he pampered her with his cares and attentions in the last few days.

Thereafter, she remembered about Choa. Even if there was a possibility that he still loved her shown in his warm gestures and affections, she could not ignore the fact that he was engaged to Choa.

‘They must be in love to be engaged, right?’

It was ironic that he had actually forgotten about her and moved on with his life, while she was praying everyday that one day he would come back and bring her the mini-sunflowers.

Surely it was just my ridiculous imagination.’

She laughed sadly to herself before got up from her bed.

***

Yonghwa was sitting restlessly in the living room, checking Seohyun’s bedroom door each and every minute. It was after ten, but she had not come out yet. He was worried something happened to her in there.

He counted to ten before he decided to knock on her door. There was no answer, so he called out her name and knocked it harder repeatedly. Then suddenly she opened the door.

“What is it, Oppa?”

“O-oh, nothing. I’m just trying to wake you up,” he turned away and walked back to the sofa.

“Is that your way to wake me up? By trying to tear down my door?” she .

“No way! Why would I tear that thing down? I.. I was just knocking at your door.. a little bit harder,” he responded shyly.

“Ah, by the way, do you know why ahjummoni hasn’t come yet?” he tried to divert the topic while turning on the television.

“This morning Mrs.Kim called me that she can not come today because.. uhmm.. her child is sick. Do you need anything?”

“I’m hungry and you should not skip your meal for your health. But you don’t have anything in your refrigerator,” he informed her.

“Hmm.. How about we buy groceries in the supermarket and I will cook you something delicious? It’s been awhile since I cooked.”

“You cooked? I thought it was me who always cooked for you, as long as I remember.”

“O-oh.. Yah! I surely helped you to cut the ingredients,” she was flustered with her slipped tounge. She had learned to cook and did it occasionally when she was lived alone in Seoul. Fortunately, he misunderstood what she meant with their cooking time in Busan.

He chuckled to her defensive answer, “I don’t want you to get other injuries from cutting the ingredients.”

“But you can help me, right?” she grinned mischievously at him.

“You just want me to cook for you, right?”

“Aniyo, together. We will cook it together, Oppa. I bet it will be fun,” she shook his arm playfully.

“Arraseo. Let’s go to the supermarket now.”

“Yeaaa~yyy!”

She hummed happily as she walked to her room to prepare herself. It reminded him of the weekend they spent cooking together years ago.

***

“Aigoo~ That was heavy,” Yonghwa dropped the grocery bags on the top of kitchen counter then slumped on the sofa.

“That’s your own fault for buying everything,” Seohyun scolded him as she started to arrange the content of those bags in her refrigerator and cupboard.

“Oh well, it can’t be helped. I don’t want to leave you in hunger when I go back to Busan later,” he replied nonchalantly.

She halted her moving for a second before continued what she was doing silently.

He had been talking about that matter since earlier. He also forced her to buy lots of food stocks, just in case Mrs.Kim could not come again next time. Somehow, it seemed that he would say goodbye to her soon, and she didn’t like it at all.

“Let me help you,” Seohyun almost dropped the blueberry jam to the floor because of his sudden appearance behind her.

He laughed so hard because of that, “Sorry if I surprised you, but you should saw your face. It’s priceless. Hahaha…”

“Yah!” she slapped his arm lightly, before laughed together with him.

Minutes later, Yonghwa was busied himself in the kitchen to make cream spaghetti for their late lunch. Seohyun had offered to help cutting the vegetables but he insisted her to sit on the kitchen stool and watched him.

Although she felt useless, she really enjoyed the view. It felt so nice and warming to see him cooking diligently just for her.

After an hour, the dish finally served on the table.

“Mmm.. It’s so delicious, Oppa. As expected, your dish never failed me,” she complemented him.

“Thank you. I’ll try my best to serve you only the best in the future,” as he started digging his own plate.

“I’m looking forward for our next meal, Oppa.”

“Sure. I will teach you some simple dishes, too. So, you can make it for me later.”

“Deal.”

They continued eating in silence when suddenly Yonghwa reminded her about the theater studio.

“Ah right, I almost forget. Do you want to go to the theater after we finish this, Seohyun-ah? I had promised you before, to bring you meet your friends there.”

“O-oh about that, I think we don’t need to go there again,” she replied shortly.

“Why? Didn’t you say that you want to recover your memory as soon as possible?” he furrowed his eyebrows in question.

“Uhmm.. Oppa.. actually.. I..,” she started her sentence cautiously.

This morning Seohyun decided that she would tell him the truth about her condition. She realized that she could not selfishly mess up with his happy life again after what she had done to him years ago.

It was so unfair to held him while he was having a fiance and a wedding that waited for him in Busan. Even though she regretted losing him with all her heart, she must accepted the reality and fixed her lonely life on her own.

“Yes?” he waited her to continue.

“Actually I.. I.. I feel so tired right now. So, I want to take a rest after this. Maybe we can go to the theater next time,” she looked down to her food to avoid his suspicious gaze.

‘God, why I can not say the truth to him?’ she scolded herself inwardly.

“Why do you look so nervous to say that to me? I won’t angry with you if you want to postpone your Seoul-searching today.”

“Uhmm.. It’s because I worry that it will keep you a little bit longer in here. Is it okay for you?”

“Hmm.. I think it’s okay for a few more days. I will call my office and Choa later.”

“Oh, okay,” she nodded her head and continued to finish her food.

‘Let me enjoy this day with him and I promise to return him to Choa Unnie tomorrow.’

***

They sat next to each other in the living room after they finished to clean up the kitchen. Seohyun had asked Yonghwa to set up ‘Big Hero’ movie from dvd.

“Should we watch this movie? I never thought that the robot movie you mentioned before had a very fluffy robot as the main character. You’ve tricked me,” he pouted his lips, showed his boredom.

“I never said that it is an action movie filled with real steel robots. Even though it looks cute, it also has several action scenes. Just wait for it patiently, Oppa,” she responded with an amused smile on her face.

“Aigoo~ This little kid,” he pinched her cheek lightly while she giggled to his action.

As the movie reached the half of the story, Yonghwa felt something heavy landed on his shoulder. He turned his face to find Seohyun sleeping while resting her head on his shoulder.

‘She must be really tired.’

He stopped the movie then carried her to her room. He laid her gently on the bed and tucked her safely with a warm blanket.

“Don’t leave me, Oppa,” she mumbled in her sleep and sob a little.

“Shh,” he her hair lightly as he looked at her troubled sleeping face.

Yonghwa remembered that he came to Seoul to help him calm his heart down, by helping her find her memory. However as he spent more times with her, he started to pray that she would not recover her memory anytime soon.

He loved to listen to her voice while she was telling him a story animatedly. He loved to see her pouting lips when he . He loved to see her smiling face when she found something fun. He loved everything about this new Seohyun and he could not get enough of her.

‘Is it possible to fall in love with her all over again?’

He really confused with his own heart.

‘What should I do, Seohyun-ah?’

***

Yonghwa came out from her room after several minutes watching her sleep. He sinked himself to the sofa when suddenly Seohyun’s phone rang.

It shown Mrs.Kim as the caller id, so he decided to pick it up.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yoboseyo. Agassi?”

“Aniyo. It’s Yonghwa, Ahjummoni. Seohyun is sleeping right now.”

“Oh, Doryeonim. How are you today?” Mrs.Kim greeted him politely.

“I’m fine, Ahjummoni. How about your child? Is he/she okay now?”

“My child? What do you mean, Doryeonim? There was nothing wrong with my child,” Mrs.Kim sounded puzzle.

“Huh? Then why don’t you come today?”

“Agassi asked me to take one day off this morning.”

“Do you know why?” he asked her curiously.

“Maybe she want to celebrate it together with you. Thanks God she finally recovered all of her memories. I’m so happy for her,” Mrs.Kim replied cheerfully.

As he heard her reply, he was dumstruck.

What? She had recovered her memory? Then why she didn’t tell me?’

He was busied with his thought when he heard Mrs.Kim called his name.

“Doryeonim? Jung Yonghwa-ssi? Can you hear me?”

“Ah, de, Ahjummoni. Sorry for spacing out. I almost forget, why do you call Seohyun now? Is there any message for her?” he tried to focus on the conversation.

“Nothing important, Doryeonim. I just want to ask if everything okay. Do I need go there for dinner?”

“Oh, it’s okay, Ahjummoni. We can still manage. You can come back tomorrow.”

He ended the call and looked confusedly at Seohyun’s bedroom door.

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’


Author's note:

Uh-oh we’re in trouble.

Okay, it’s not all of us, just Seohyun and me who are in trouble.

I’m really sorry for my unusual late update. Actually I planned to finish this story in February, but something disastrous came up at work. I hope I haven’t lost the momentum yet, and there are some of you who still read this story.

And about Seohyun, I think it’s too late to be honest to Yonghwa now.

Que Sera, Sera / Whatever will be, will be

Thank you so much for your supports: comments (I really love to read your point of view about this story), subscribers, and readers. Please continue to inpire me with your comments.

Enjoy the story and see you on the next update :)

- minikittybdg -