Final

Accidents bring us closer

The moment he fell off the motorbike due to a malfunction Yixing knew he was in trouble. He fell on his side and he felt a shooting pain in his back, worse than any injury he had suffered in that particular place before. He screamed out and staff were rushing towards him asking him if he was alright, yelling for others to call for medical assistance and suggesting he doesn’t move a thing. When he was lying there the first thing he thought was the worried message he’d get from his mum, grandmother and s. He thought of how he will disappoint his fans (who were probably waiting by his trailer), his fellow actors, and the staff and crew of all the shoots he had scheduled. Tears started flowing out of his eyes, out the physical pain he was in but also due to the emotional things he was feeling. If anyone asked he would tell them it was because of the pain, and nothing else. He made a promise not to cry in front of the fans. The medical staff arrived quickly with Yixing’s prefered doctor in China. He was relieved that they got his personal doctor here. The man somewhat knows his medical history so he knows he is in good hands. Yixing felt himself being put on stretcher and wheeled in an ambulance to be transported to the nearest hospital. He was given pain relievers and was told they would be running a few tests when they arrived at the hospital. His manager was with him, talking furiously on the phone with SM entertainment informing them about what happened, and he heard him mention Junmyeon’s name, saying he was the next person he would call. When his manager was done Yixing offered to call Junmyeon himself. The phone was passed on to him and was already ringing.

“With Junmyeon” he heard. Yixing took a deep breath, not wanting to cause s to worry. He had to tell them though. He figured it would only hurt them more of they found out about the accident from someone else rather than him or his manager. He took another deep breath before he decided to open the conversation. “Hello hyung, it is me, Yixing”. There was a lot of background noise and the siren was going off rather loudly so he figured that the silence be was greeted with on the other line said enough. “I am sorry hyung. They will be running some tests when we get to the hospital, but…. I… It doesn’t feel good Jun. I am afraid. Will you tell the others? Ask them not to worry? Please?” His voice cracked near the end but Junmyeon stayed silent for a little while longer. It was a difficult thing to process after all. “It will be okay Xing. Don’t worry we figure things out. Let’s wait for the outcome of the tests okay? If.. If you ever need to talk call me! Thank you for calling Xing, don’t worry about anything. We aren’t mad or disappointed” Junmyeon said. Oh there it was. Junmyeon knew him too well and in this moment he loved it. He felt at ease with his support and comforting words. “We are at the hospital. I call you as soon as I know more. Thank you hyung for everything, for understanding. Send the boys my love. I love you hyung” and with that he hung up and was wheeled into the big impressive building to undergo some tests.

The test results came out and to Yixing’s relief he wasn’t as badly injured as he thought he was. His doctor, and manager agreed on letting Yixing rest for a couple of days before sending him to Korea to have his specialist check on him. Yixing called Junmyeon with the news since he promised to keep him informed and then took a nap. The painkillers and other medication they had given him had made him drowsy. When he woke up he looked at his phone as saw he had a voicemail message. Some of has tried calling him. He saw Baekhyun, Jongdae, Sehun, Minseok and Jongin in his log. He wondered who the voicemail was from. Right now his bet would be on Baekhyun, since they are extremely close.

“Hi Yixing hyung. This is Jongdae. I am sorry to hear that I missed you just now. Junmyeon told us you had called and SM informed us as well, so…. I am sorry hyung. And worried. I am worried too. Are you alright? I hope you are alright. The doctor said you need to have a lot of rest right? That’s what Junmyeon hyung told us. Please rest well! I know how eager you are to work again but please listen to the doctors okay? I wouldn’t want to see you get injured more. I have to go cause I have to practice but call me okay hyung? I miss you and I love you. I am sorry hyung. I know we have been through a rough patch but I still care a lot about you. Goodbye Xing. Call me!”

Yixing put the phone down and stared at his hands. Jongdae. Jongdae had left him a message. Jongdae… His sweet, caring Jongdae. He had never seen this coming if he was honest. They have been going through a rough patch. Somehow, and he didn’t know why, they haven’t been as close as they used too. Even the fans noticed it and posted all over the internet that Xingdae was dead. It was not true. He still loved his friend dearly but in every relationship there comes a time when you struggle. That’s what they were going through but this message might be the end to all of that. It was nice and caring, typically Jongdae. This was a glimpse of the Jongdae he knew and it made him feel loads better.

***

Yixing finally arrived in Korea to have his specials who is familiar with his back injuries. He had called Junmyeon to let him know that he was coming home but he made him promise not to say anything to the rest of the members. They hadn’t seen each other in so long, and even though the circumstances were not the best ones, he still wanted to surprise them a little and turn this into something positive. He was picked up by SM staff, put in a wheelchair since walking was still a tad difficult for him and driven to the EXO dorm. His manager wheeled him into the living room and instantly he was jumped on by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Junmyeon who was standing by the door asked the boys to be careful. “GUYS YIXING IS HOME” Baekhyun yelled and before he knew it all the boys were in the living room welcoming Yixing home.

There were a lot of questions thrown at him, a lot of careful hugs and pats on the shoulder. It was a very good feeling to be surrounded by his friends again. He had to admit that him working in China was sometimes a wee bit lonely but he knew that his family was always behind him. Just like now how they were fussing over him. Sehun already ran to the kitchen with Kyungsoo to prepare him a meal, Chanyeol had lifted him out of the wheelchair and put on the one seater for which Jongin fluffdled the pillows. Minseok was sitting next to him rubbing soothing circles on the back of his hand while Baekhyun grabbed a footstool so Yixing was comfortable. The only one who hadn’t moved or talked to him was the person rooted in the corner, Jongdae. Yixing had made eye contact a few times and he was eager to talk to him but the rest of their close knit family were being hectic and fussy individuals.

“Guys, thank you for everything but I am fine. Honestly you have my word. Although can you leave me alone with Jongdae for a quick minute?” He asked. The boys all understood and went to their rooms leaving Jongdae and Yixing all by themselves in the living room. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. “I got your voicemail when I was in the hospital.” Yixing started. Jongdae only smiled a small smile but said nothing. The air around them was thick and loaded. It was a tad awkward and Yixing got a bit uncomfortable. He did decide to keep the conversation going. He was a stubborn individual after all. “I was touched by what you said. Also you didn’t have to apologise. I should be sorry for having worried you. I am sorry Jongdae.” He looked down to his hands. He never liked it when he made his best friends worry. He had planned on apologizing to Jongdae and he figured this was the time to do it. Perhaps this would spur the younger on to talk. All of a sudden he felt a warm pair of hands envelopping his. When he looked up he saw the Jongdae was crouched before him with a sad look in his eyes. “You scared me Yixing. I was afraid that this was it….” Jongdae started before he paused and just looked at Yixing. “You have to be more careful hyung. I want many more years on stage with you, I want to keep learning from you, I want to be able to keep living our dream with you. This all sounds incredibly selfish and I am sorry if I am putting pressure on you or if you feel that way but hyung… I missed you” he said before envelopping Yixing in a rather painful hug. Yixing didn’t mind it. Jongdae spoke his mind and he was worried, relieved and his little brother that he wanted to comfort right now. He ran his hand through the younger’s hair when he felt him shake above him.

“Jongdae it’s alright. I am fine. Look at me” He said trying to comfort the other. Jongdae pulled back rubbing the tears away from his face and looked at Yixing, truly looked. “I am fine. I promise you. We will stand on stage together, we will be able to learn from each other and I promise you we will keep living our dream together.” Yixing said brushing his thumbs over the younger’s cheeks. “Jongdae you are incredible. Truly amazing. For worrying about me, for ranting the way you did right now, for being one of my best friends. I love you dae! Always will. Now please stop crying and believe me I’ll be fine” he tried convincing him.Yixing thought it worked because Jongdae had the biggest grin on his face. “I love you too hyung, and I believe you. Sorry for overreacting” Jongdae said with a giggle. He opened his arms waiting for permission and this time carefully cuddled his best friend.

At this moment Baekhyun and Sehum strolled back into the room both saying at the same time “Look how cute~ They made up”.

*****

A/N: Thank you all for reading this oneshot. I apologize for any mistakes. I haven't checked it yet. Anyway please let me know what you thought of this and if there is anything I can improve on. I am open for constructive criticism.