It's A Fancy Restaurant!

Kryber Proposal

KRYSTAL POV

“Princess~!” a voice sang out from behind me, I knew exactly who it was, “Priiiiiiincesssss~~!!”

“Yah! Stop it! You’re embarrassing me!” I knocked Amber’s forehead when I turned around.

“Ahhhhh! Soojunggie, you’re so mean!” my dorky girlfriend clutched her head and pouted adorably at me.

I leaned over and kissed her ‘injury’, she smiled brightly at me in thanks. I rolled my eyes at her, I loved her dorky side, but she was embarrassing me at work!

“What are you doing here?”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around me, “Happy Anniversary, Princess~ …. I love you.”

A smile crossed my lips, “Happy Anniversary, llama-ah…..I love you too…..”

My girlfriend is the sweetest, taking the time from her busy schedule to come to my drama set just to greet in person.  She already sent a heartfelt message this morning, but knowing my dork she nagged her manager to drive her here just to greet me.

I grinned at her more at the thought.

“Krys, let’s go out for dinner tonight, a date!” she clutched my hand and pleaded with me using her pout.

“Are you free tonight?” I frowned at her, as much as I wanted to, being an idol didn’t leave much time for leisure.

“Yep! I got my manager to free up the night, but it means I don’t have much of a break today,” she pouted sadly at me.

“Okay, we’ll go out,” I said, “Now go away, you have work and so do I.”

“Okie dokie! See you later, beautiful,” she kissed my lips quickly and turned to leave.

I watched her retreating back as she broke into a run to get to the exit.

“Oh Krystal!” she called over her shoulder, “Wear a nice dress! It’s a fancy restaurant!”

I waved her away, but she was already gone and out the door before I could even get a response out.

A fancy restaurant….? Hmmm… She’s usually sweet on anniversaries, but that seems a little extra romantic…. Hmmm


 

"I don’t know what’s gotten into her, Sull!” I said on the phone.

Back in my room, my hands flicked and discarded the dresses in my wardrobe. I was looking for the perfect one to wear tonight.

 “What do you mean? Amber-hyung is usually sweet and romantic on your anniversary…” my best friend’s voice spoke through the phone I had pressed between my shoulder and face.

“Yeah, but all day she’s been texting me being all excited and…. Kinda fidgety?” I answered, not sure how to word it, but there was an underlying extra feeling from all of my dork’s messages today, “I don’t know, like she’s excited AND nervous.”

“….OH MY GOD, NO WAY,”  my phone dropped as I jerked my ear away from the sudden shout.

I picked up my phone and held tightly, “YAH! You’re going to make me deaf!”

“Krys! You don’t think hyung might be… y’know....”

“What? Might be what, giant baby?” I said coldly, more than a little annoyed at the delay in this conversation.

“……Proposing….” She whispered to me. 

Just a breath.  A breath that carried a heavy word…

“WHAT?!?! PROPOSING???” I looked at my phone dumbfounded and placed it against my ear again.

“Well… yeah.” She said, “It’s your 4th Annivers-”

“Fifth…” I corrected absentmindedly. 

My mind was taking me elsewhere.  It made so much sense now! Amber had been excited, but nervous all week. Coupled with constant texts about tonight, details of when and where, how she was looking forward to it. A fancy restaurant, something outside of our usual simple tastes.  And we’d been dating seriously for a while now, not mention how close we already were before dating!

“Fine. 5th Anniversary, and it’s at a fancy restaurant, she’s picking you up,” Sulli listed her evidence for it one by one, “….I bet you she’ll come and even have flowers! You know how cliché, but sweet hyung is!

I hummed in response, “You’re right, Sul! She’s been fidgety for days! Oh my god, she’s going to propose. Oh my god. What do I do? I wasn’t expecting this! I don’t have a ring for HER, I always imagined we’d both wear rings, since we’re both the girl in the relationship. Oh my god, what if she gets hurt that I don’t have a ring for-”

“HAHAHAHAHA” laughter filled my ear as my best friend found amusement in my panic,”Krys! Relax! This is your Amber we’re talking about here, do you really think she’d get disappointed just becuse she gave you a ring and you didn’t have one for her?”

A small smile played across my lips. No. My llama would never be disappointed just because I didn’t give her a gift when she gave me one.  She didn’t give them to receive anything in return, it wasn’t in her nature to be demanding like that.  The silly thing just liked to shower me with gifts no matter how many times I tell her she didn’t have to.

“What do I, Sulli-ah?!  I didn’t even realize she was going to propose! I guess it was supposed to be a surprise but, whatever!”

“You’re going to get fancy, and then you’re going to say yes, silly!” she giggled at me before saying good bye.

I stared at my phone, then at the mess that was my wardrobe.  Tossing my phone onto the bed, I got to work.  Surprise or no, nothing was going to ruin my memories of a proposal.  Hah! Too bad my llama isn’t very good at hiding anything.