Dreams and Reality...

When I dream...

Time was passing very slowly for Mino as he lazed around at home waiting for the time to arrive so that he could go pick Taehyun up from his class. He was excited at the thought being able to meet him that he had trouble falling asleep the night before. 

Groaning in frustration, he put his alarm clock and his watch into his desk drawer just so that he would not keep his attention focused on the ticking hands.

In the end, he reached the gates of Taehyun’s school with still half an hour to spare and just waited until he saw that familiar longish hair with a middle part.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun was trying to keep his fidgeting to the minimum as he sat through the last class for the day yet he was so sure that he was not paying attention to what the teacher was teaching. He was just busy looking at the clock looking at the ticking of the hands as time slowly passed.

It was so slow that Taehyun figured that even a snail would craw even faster.

Was it the famous saying of time always passes slowly when one is looking forward to something?

Well, he was certain that he was experiencing that same feeling right now.

When the time finally to signal the end of class, Taehyun could not help but to rush out as fast as his legs would carry him.

It was a daily thing for him to walk in and out of the school gates but that day it was different because he could see a familiar figure standing at the front.

It was Song Minho… He was real and true standing there in the flesh…

Taehyun rushed the last few steps and wrapped the guy’s shoulders in a tight hug that knocked the wind out of Mino.

“Oops… Sorry… Hello Mino hyung.” Taehyun greeted sheepishly as he realized he must have been too excited.

“Hello Taehyun… it is okay. I am happy you are happy to see me.” Mino could not help but to joke and could not help but to find that a blushing Taehyun looked really adorable in his eyes.

It was as natural as breathing that their hands automatically reached for each other’s and interlaced as they made their way out from Taehyun’s school.

“What do you feel like having?” Mino asked as he welcomed the comfortable feeling he felt when he was beside Taehyun.

Everything felt finally in place and right this time.

“Let’s have grilled meat. I have been craving for it for a while.”

“Sure.”

They made their way to the a nice meat joint hand in hand, talking all the way as they got to know each other better.

Mino was getting out his wallet when something fell out but luckily he caught it in time to prevent it from shattering.

“What is that?” Taehyun pointed to the item curiously.

“It is like a talisman of sorts that had been in my family for generations. My dad gave it to me.” Mino showed the piece of broken jade to Taehyun who only looked at it with a frowned.

“Why? Is something wrong?”

“It looks familiar.” Taehyun answered before he tugged the chain he was wearing from under his uniform.

What they both saw shocked them because it was an identical piece. Taehyun carefully put the pieces together and all the cracks fit, forming a whole complete pendent.

“So I guess we found the missing link that connects the both of us.” Mino whispered softly as though not wanting the whole world to know their secrets.

Taehyun could not but to nod silently as both of them let the new discovery about them sink in.

It was a while before they realized where they were and needed to place an order.

~~~~~~~~~~

One day when he was waiting for Taehyun after class when he saw Taehyun looking really irritated. From a short distance behind, he saw Jiwon chasing after him.

“Yah! Stop following me Jiwon! I only like you as a friend…”

However, he was really persistent and ran forward to grab Taehyun’s hand and at the same time, Mino felt as though someone had just split his head wide open.

“Please let go of me. I really don’t feel anything else other than friendship.” Taehyun explained again as he pulled his arm away from the hold.

Jiwon could only look at Taehyun with a dejected look.

“Hey, is your friend okay? He looks terrible.” Jiwon pointed out.

Taehyun immediately turned around and hurried towards Mino.

“Mino hyung are you okay?” Taehyun asked worriedly not protesting one bit when Mino grabbed onto his hands which was another blow to the already disappointed Jiwon who just walked away.

“My head hurt really badly just now but now I am okay after holding onto you.”

“How come?”

“I felt the pain when your friend grabbed your arm…”

“Are you serious?”

“I think it happens to us when we face a person who has romantic feelings for us.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“You see that girl over there? She has been looking over my way for a while now. She is definitely interested. Let’s see what happens for you.” Mino suggested.

 Taehyun watched as Mino walked to where the girl was sitting who immediately sat up straighter in her seat.

“Hello, I am Song Minho. It is nice to meet you. You are?” Mino introduced with his hand outstretched for a handshake.

“I am Shim Min Jung. It is nice to meet you.” The girl shyly answered as she grabbed his hand for a friendly shake.

Taehyun felt dizzy all of a sudden and his head hurt as well. He put his head down on his lap as though trying to will the pain away.

Mino saw Taehyun’s reaction before muttering a quick apology and ran over to where Taehyun’s was sitting.

“Taehyun-ah, are you okay?” Mino asked worriedly holding on to the younger guy’s shoulder.

Taehyun felt instant relief once Mino’s hand came into contact with his shoulders. Taking a deep breath, Taehyun looked up to face Mino’s worried eyes.

“I felt terrible just now when you both shook hands.”

“I think that just proved my theory right.” Mino rubbed Taehyun’s arms hoping to make the boy feel better.

“I guess so too.”

“What happen to you some time last year? It was during October…” Mino asked curiously thinking about his short lived relationship.

“Hmm? October? I was sick a lot so I was in hospital for a while but doctors said it was exhaustion and I had to take it easy. Was it because you?”

“I am so sorry Taehyun… I swear I never meant to hurt you.”

“It is okay. We managed to find each other which I think is most important.”

“There won’t be anyone else.” Mino promised.

“Same for me too.”  Taehyun agreed feeling lucky that they managed a way to finally found each other.

~~~~~~~~~~  

They introduced each other to their friends and families but never gave the full truth to how they met. It was too private, too special and they figured no one would believe them anyway. It was too far-fetched to be true.

Their families might have had their suspicions but they never pressed the new couple for the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~

“What do you think of this jacket?” Taehyun asked one day as they went out shopping.

Mino found the image strangely familiar until something in his head clicked.

“I have seen this before…”

 “What do you mean?”

“I dreamt of this before but it was 2 years ago. You are going to choose the red one.” Mino answered.

“How do you remember so clearly? But I am leaning towards to the red one…”

“I was waiting for a game to launch 2 years ago and today is March 1st so it is very easy to remember.”

Taehyun only kept quiet as they discovered new revelations about each other.

“So you dream about my future…” Taehyun commented.

“It seems to be the case.”  

“You know, come to think of it, I stopped dreaming about you.” Taehyun commented when he took the jacket to the cashier.

“Me too. I think it is because we see each other all the time.”  Mino laughed.

“Do you miss those dreams? Am I good enough?” Taehyun suddenly asked out of nowhere sounding a little unsure.

“No definitely not…  Where did that even come from? The real you is definitely much better.” Mino answered before leaning in to give the younger guy a kiss on his lips. 

“I am lucky to meet you.” Taehyun smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino had to attend a student exchange trip for two weeks in Paris. Maybe it was because they did not get to see each other every day like they always do, Mino dreamed about Taehyun.

This time he dreamed about them making love for the first time. The Taehyun in his dream was eager to please him with his low throaty moans and delicious kisses. Mino was almost sorry he had to wake up because it was getting to hot and heavy.

He decided to step out onto the balcony of the student dorm he was staying during the period of his exchange, letting the cool autumn wind calm him down.

Well, those dreams never had no meaning behind them so does it mean that in two years they will…

Mino could only laugh softly. He was a healthy and normal guy who was very much in love with his boyfriend and there were times that he found it hard to control himself around the younger guy. Then again, it seemed that it will get fulfilled two years later.

Suddenly, wanting to hear his voice, Mino fished out his mobile from his pocket to dial a super familiar number.

“Hello?” Taehyun picked up the call even before the second ring could finish.

“Taehyun-ah…  Am I interrupting you?”

“Hmmm no I was just finishing up my art portfolio.”

Mino smiled he knew Taehyun had been busy with the university applications and was hoping to enroll in with Art department in the same university that he was currently attending.

“You will get in for sure.” Mino answered easily.

“You saw it in one of your dreams?” Taehyun laughed and it made Mino feel as though he was right with him at that moment in Taehyun’s room all the way in Seoul.

“How was your day?”

“It was good. Seunghoon had to drag me out to go shopping. I think he wanted my taste on clothes. You seem to have a good day too.”

“Did you see something again?” Mino could help but to tease.

“You went sightseeing and drank a lot of wine.”

“Haha that was exactly how my day went.”

“I thought so… When are you coming home?”

“I thought you know that it is going to be this weekend?”

“I missed you…” Taehyun confessed and Mino could help but to melt at his words.

“I will be home on Sunday.”

“I will meet you at the airport then.”

“Okay I will see you then. You better get ready for class.” Mino said he looked at his watch and did a quick calculation on the time difference.

“Okay. Take care of yourself. I love you.”

“I love you too Taehyun…”

 ~~~~~~~~~~

THe epilogue as promised. I am glad that you all enjoy it.... I had fun writing it for you as well... AS usual no silent readers please... good bad or ugly... i would like to know... =)