Dream you into life

When I dream...

Ancient Korea, 600 AD

He was a famous seer from Silla and was the emperor’s most trusted advisor.  With his ability to see into the future, he was a key strategist and led the kingdom to many successful campaigns as the kingdom sought to expand their territories. In gratitude for his contributions to Silla, the emperor arranged him to be married with his favorite princess and they had two boys.

 However, it all changed during the grand feast held by the royal household of Silla to mark the marriage of Princess of Baekje to the crown prince of Silla hoping that the marriage will bring about peace and a strong alliance between the two kingdoms. 

She was the royal healer from Baekje, with a few incantations she can manage to heal even the most serious of wounds. She was the wife of the most favoured minister of Baekje.

He was taking his time to savor his wine when she entered the grand hall with her ladies in waiting. He did not realize that she was there until the she was ushered to the table that was directly opposite of his.

When their gaze finally connected, he felt as though his breath all but left him. He was stunned speechless by her beauty.  She was definitely beautifully elegant and regal as the Royal Healer of Baekje but it was that little hint of innocence that showed in her eyes that did him in.

Their gaze never left each other. It was as though everyone and everything else faded from them till all that was left was just the both of them in the same place, sharing the unbreakable moment.

When her husband came over to whisper something in her ear, he felt the need to go over to punch the man or any man to be more correct.

She had heard of his great name and how he prevented many calamities that might have happen to the kingdom but she had never met him before until that night. The way he looked reminded her of those childhood heroes that she read many years ago when she was still a young girl.

She could not stop thinking about him long after the banquet was over and she returned home to her daily life.  There was just something about him that she could help but to be attracted. She had never had such affections for her husband and it was making her crazy.

It’s like having a chance to peek into God’s well thought of plan of the universe.

It’s like holding water in your hands before it slipped away.

It’s like persuading destiny to be in your favor.

It’s when you realized you have met your soul mate.

Therefore, one night after putting her children had long gone to bed, she took three of her most trusted guards with her and sneaked into the border of Silla in the dead of the night.

She knelt before the royal advisor unable to look up at him into his eyes so instead with her head bent down and shaky hands praying with all her might that her wishes would be favourably answered.

The Advisor touched her chin, making her looked up at him, before saying,

“Lady, in all my life, you are the biggest temptation that fell upon me. I could see most of tomorrows. I assure you, if you spent your life with me, however brief, your life will be gone in the most terrible way”.

“Sire,” she uttered, voice shaking, “I am not ignorant of the consequences. I am willing to face whatever suffering it may be, as long as I could be with you. However, the choice is yours. You can send me back, and I will go in silence, bearing my shame alone”

The silence was deafening to her ears as he pondered over it.

“Lady…” he called, pulling her up on her feet, “You are everything that I don’t possess. I could see you in my visions. I worship you long before I met you. So how do you think I could refuse you?”

He pulled her into his embrace.

That night, they gave themselves to each other. Sin or bliss, they chose not to care. For if they could never be together, it was not in this life anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

 They spent five nights together, though was it was not consecutively. These days were combined into four months. It was always the Royal Healer that crossed the border to meet up with the advisor and that could only be achieved because the Minister was an extremely busy man who spent long periods of time away from home.

However, one night he came home early and found his wife was not in her chamber and he was furious. Their daughter pledged she did not know where her mother went. She swore Mother hugged her to sleep every night.

The next time they met, she made the excuse, “I was in my sitting room. Praying”.

But there was a foreign glow in her eyes that he had never seen before in all the years that they have been married.

Feeling extremely unsettled, he sent spies to watch her.

The result made him galloped to Silla, sword in his hand with an army behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~

“My lady…” He gently tapped her arm, making her eyes open from the sweet sleep she was having at that moment.

“I have seen and our end is near.” He continued as he watched her turned frozen beside him yet her eyes showed no regret, not even a hint.

“Do you seek to escape, Sire?”

“No there is no place where they would not seek to find us.”

“I am sorry that my weakness had led to this outcome.”

“Do not ever say what we have is weakness, Lady. You are the soul mate I have been waiting all my life. I love you with every breath I take.” He declared as he gathered her in his arms.

Tears welled up in her eyes.

“Sire, I too, have felt most alive since I gave myself to you…”

“No regrets?” he asked as he turned her and covered her with his body again.

“Never” she vowed.

So he bent down and kissed her, professing his love for her one last time. True, their world will soon end. But in this moment of heaven, they know they would repeat their choices again.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Minister of Baekje and his army have broke into the castle. Chaos ensued. The sound of swords clashing and people screaming echoed around.

The Advisor called his guard and her lady-in-waiting.

“Tell my son, do not fight for his father’s life. Tell him I know this is my time to go.”

The guard took a step back in shock before running for his valiant master who was at the front, protecting his father’s name.

“Highness…” her lady-in-waiting begged. “Please let me take my lady to safety. Please. I will hide her, I’ll take care of her—“

“You are very loyal…” She answered, “But no. There will be no use”,

Her lady-in-waiting fell on her knees, crying soundlessly.

The sound of wrath grew nearer and the Advisor quickly took the beautiful green jade from his lover’s waist, a jewel she always wore hanging on her belt.

He used his strength to break the jade into two half circles.

“I have glimpse into the future. Centuries from now, our descendents will have a chance to complete our love if they managed to find a way to each other.”

“Yes. They will have what we lost and be as happy as we wish. But they have to find each other first. Pass this on to every eldest child in your family”.

She took one piece and gave it to her lady-in-waiting. “Here. Promise to give this to my daughter. Ask her to pass this to every eldest in the family. Do not miss even one generation”.

Her lady-in-waiting could do nothing except grasping her lady’s hand.

“Now go. Take care of my daughter. Protect her from harm. Tell her, she’s the best that I got from my marriage.”

Her lady-in-waiting knelt for one last time before leaving the room, thankful that she did not have to see her lady die.

The same time, the Minister broke the door with his army.

He saw the man he loathed standing ready with his sword, his wife standing beside him, eyes begging for the violence to stop.

The sight fueled his anger, so he charged full force. Only to be blocked by the Advisor’s son.

“Don’t you dare touch my father!” he barked, attacking the minister.

“Son! This is not your battle! Move away!”

“No!”

The Advisor pulled his son away and fought only with the help of two guards. But he was outnumbered, and though he tried his best, the minister still succeeded in stabbing his heart with his sword.

He fell to his lover’s arms.

Ignoring her husband, she cradled the man she loved on her lap, crying hard but busy whispering incantations to heal him, as she closed his wound with her hands.

“My Lady... You are indeed gifted. But I do not think you can fight destiny”.

“Please…” she choked.

“No… This is my time…” he fought to breathe.

“Son…” he called and his son came running to his side.

“Forgive me… for following my heart and not my obligations…”

“Father!” his son called out in grief.

“Here” he gave his son half of the jade, smeared with his blood, “Make sure this is passed to every youngest in our family. In every generation.”

“I….I will father…”

He searched the air and she caught his hand. “Lady, I love you. Thank you for teaching me what happiness meant”

“Sire!”

But he slipped away, his hold on her hand loosened.

Her world ended. Nothing left.

“Let’s go home!” her husband ordered.

“You have been a most kind husband. Let me pay my infidelity with my life.”

“NO!”

It was too late for she already stabbed her heart with the knife she carried around since childhood.

Her husband screamed in anguish as he lurched forward to hold her body or maybe, tried to safe her life.

“Let go.” she requested.

She crawled back to her lover, used all her strength she had in her to lie down beside him. She held his cold hand and rested her head on his shoulder. For one last time, she inhaled, and exhaled.

It was brief. But the love they shared was worth a lifetime.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seoul, 1996

“Omma, where is he?” a 4 year old Nam Taehyun once asked his mother.

“Who?”

“The one who played with me just now.”

Her mother saw her little boy rubbed his sleepy eyes.

“Taehyun-ah, you were dreaming”

“What is a dream, Omma?”

Her mother did not explain. Instead, she just caressed Taehyun’s head. She always felt it. There was something about Taehyun and she could not quite put her finger on it.

A few days after he was born, when they brought him home from the hospital and he cried non stop for two straight days. They were young, worried and had the horrible thinking maybe their son was sick. They brought him to the doctor.  However, he said there was nothing wrong with him. He was a perfectly healthy baby boy.

However, he kept crying and crying like he was in great pain. Baby Taehyun refused to be fed, crying until his face all red and wet.

His father even called in sick to take care of him that third day.

Until some time around 10.00 am, when his mother carried him around the room as he was still crying, his mother saw that old jade necklace in her jewel box.

His mother was told that the necklace was like a talisman in the family. They will always be safe as long as they keep passing on that necklace from eldest child to the eldest child of the next generation. Only for the eldest.

She did not seriously believe it. She just kept it because her mother and grandmother told her so. She did not even think much when she took it and put it around her son’s neck.

Something odd happened...

Nam Taehyun, the five days old baby boy, stopped crying. His mother stood transfixed, listening to his breathing that got evened, his sobs that stopped to something like a hiccup, and then finally to normal breathing.

She caressed Taehyun’s back and he slept in her arms.

When she told that to her husband, he did not believe it and tried to take the necklace from the baby’s neck.

Nam Taehyun, who was sleeping, instantly woke up and started to cry again.

From that moment on, his parents always made sure that the necklace is safe and secure around his neck.

Now, he kept talking about “that boy”. That “friend” that he kept seeing and kept playing with him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Little Mino loved his Ommoni and Abeoji and only a teeny little less than his Hyung, Jiyong. Only a little, very little less than the little boy he always saw in his dreams.

He loved his Abeoji because he always play with him, walk around the complex and buy him car toys.

He loved his Ommoni because she cooked delicious meals, read him stories and tug him to bed with an “I love you, Son” every night.

He loved his Hyung because basically Mino thought he was the coolest person on earth. Hyung could play baseball and basketball. Jiyong hyung could run so fast, swim so smooth, and eat spicy food. Hyung let him play with his toys. Hyung took him to kindergarten and waited for him at the gate afterwards. Hyung was awesome!

However, if he was asked who was his favorite, he would always answer, “That boy!” That little boy he saw in his dreams. That little boy who ate snacks a lot, had a loving parents just like him, who loved to sing and play tag, that little boy.

It took a long time for him to realize that he was just in his dream. Not his real friend or brother.

~~~~~~~~~~

Growing up having an image of a person in your head was hard. You always put that person as your ideal yet feel that kind of loneliness no one could fulfill. It was especially hard for Mino since he was at that age where he questioned himself being who he thought he was a lot.

He told that to his friends, those childhood friends who would never judge and would just listen.

“I have these dreams. About a boy. Almost every night he appears in my dream”

“It is like knowing someone. I dreamt of him ever since I can remember. I saw him grow up since he was a little boy until now. I think he’s the same age as me…”

His friends thought he was weird. But it was okay. There are weirder things than a dream about a certain boy for years.

Until one afternoon when he sat in his school’s cafeteria, and one of his friends asked, “Is he real? I mean, is he a real person?”.

15 years old Song Minho gasped. “I don’t know. I don’t think so. I have never even met him.”

Finishing his spicy rice cake snack, his friend fired on mindlessly with, “Well, what if he is?”.

Those questions certainly haunted him.

~~~~~~~~~~

The day he wondered whether he was just a boy in his dream or a real person, Mino dreamed a vivid dream.

Of him. Wearing a school uniform.

It was dark blue with white collars and cuffs.

He woke up instantly.

The thing was, he knew that it was a junior high school uniform from the southern side of Seoul. 

What if he is real?

~~~~~~~~~~

He described the uniform he saw in his dream. And his friend instantly mentioned the name of the school. It’s two train stops away from their own school.

He did not go for soccer club. He did not go to music club. After school, he went straight to that junior high.

If he wears that uniform, then does it mean he is the same age as me?

His heart was pounding, as he arrived in front of the school and waited there.

He waited for an hour. Then two hours. Soon, it was three hours.

He did not see him.

He came again the next day and the next, and the next, for a week. But still he did not see that boy that felt closer in his heart than anyone else.

At the seventh day, he gave up and went home slowly, his shoulders sagging as he heavily walked to the train station.

Stupid me... Stupid dreams... Stupid boy... This is so stupid

You are not even real. You do not exist. You just belong within my fantasy.

What Mino did not know was that the boy he sought enrolled at that exact same school he saw and wore the same uniform as he saw in his dream. But it was two years after he came there.

He was dreaming of his future.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nam Taehyun loved to study and got good marks at school. He loves Art too, that was why he took a lesson in Art since he was six and even now when he was at the Junior High he still continued.

He was a nice and smart 14 years old. He always got on the big five highest ranking in school. He’s good at everything school taught him.

Except about that boy he always saw when he closed his eyes at night.

School had no answer about him, of course, who was he trying to kid?.

One day, he decided to follow his group of friends to hang out at the mall after school. They have spent two hours looking at clothes, when Taehyun managed to convince them to go to the arts supplies store.

He was in the middle of choosing his watercolour palettes he needed to refill when he heard,

“Nam Taehyun…”

He instantly dropped the items he was holding and scanned around him. His eyes desperately looking for the caller.

“Taehyun…” He heard it again. The sound was so clear in his ears, as if someone called him from somewhere close behind him.

His heart beat faster as he circled the watercolour supplies section. That voice. That voice sounded like someone had found him at last, after a very long search.

But no one was noticing him. Everybody was busy choosing the stuff they were coming in to look for.

What Nam Taehyun did not know was Song Minho and his group of friends just left the art supplies store with their hands full of things they need for their art homework assignment.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was just like that...

He dreamt of him in places he knew. Lotte World ice-skating with his friends, in Myeong Dong shopping around, that sushi restaurant in Gangnam. He tried not to but he always could not contain himself to go to those places after school for days, wanting to prove to himself of his existence.

But he kept not seeing him.

He told his friends in Junior High. However, in High School, not anymore. That was because it started to feel not right. Yet he could not or did not want to stop.

Though it was all in his dreams.

He had watched him grow up from a cute little child to a handsome boy. He had heard him singing to himself while he painted in his room. Heard him laughing. Saw him doing his best studying until late at night. Saw him crying because his parents separated.

Though everything was seen only in a dream.

Though Song Minho sometimes questioned his sanity.

Though he tried to tell himself not to, he could not stop himself.

For falling for that boy who kept appearing in his dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nam Taehyun woke up that morning, only to lie motionlessly in his bed for a while.

He dreamt of him singing and rapping. The song was about him wanting to meet someone so much.

Taehyun sighed. His voice was good and deep. The melody he composed was really well done and suited to his voice. Even then, he felt as if his voice was reverberating through his room, slipping in through the curtains, together with the sun rays.

“Who are you?” Taehyun asked his silent room.

“Are you real?”.

His room, as usual, was only four sets of walls and refused to answer him.

He had questioned herself times and times again.

Why do I have these dreams of him?

Is this a mental illness or something?

Why does it not stop?

He was sure he was all right and perfectly healthy.

If it was some kind of sickness, I would have to go to a doctor.

The doctor will give me medicines that will make those dreams go away.

That would be too lonely… Way too lonely…

Taehyun could not remember a time when he did not dream of him. At least once every several days, the mysterious guy appeared in his dreams. There were times when Taehyun was sad or worried and he appeared in his dream every night.

He is like…a very good friend who stays with him no matter what.

If only you are real.

I want to meet and be someone important for you.

If only…

Taehyun realized his eyes were wet. He blinked several times. Took a long, deep breath, before getting up and prepared for school.

~~~~~~~~~~

On his first year of high school, boys and girls started to give Taehyun longing glances. They called his name when they passed him in the hallways, the girls gave him love letters, he got texts of “Nam Taehyun, joaheyo” from numbers he did not recognize. He felt nervous of it all but decided to act as if nothing happens.

However, one boy named Jiwon was braver than the rest. He openly confessed his feelings to him. Touched by the effort, Taehyun agreed to spend time with him.

“I don’t know what will happen, but we could be friends” Taehyun offered.

Jiwon proved to be a funny friend so he did not regret it. It was nice talking to him and spending time with him was not scary at all.

True that Jiwon was not him. But he was fun to be with.

All of those changed when Jiwon pushed the boundary one day. They were walking together from school and Jiwon suddenly reached for his hand and held it. Taehyun was shocked. He quickly withdrew his hand.

It felt like he betrayed someone. It felt wrong. He felt strangely guilty.

The same time Jiwon held his hand… In another part of Seoul, a boy held his head as a sudden pain surged into his head. It was so severe, like his head was being cut into two.

“Mino? What’s wrong?”

“I—I don’t know. It’s a—headache”

The pain got worse. And he stepped out from the basketball field, trying to calm himself as cold sweat starting to wet his back. His breathing got shallow so he sat on a bench, leaned his back on the wall, and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino stayed clear from relationships. Through the years, he was a lot admired. He was a joker, a helpful friend, a singer, rapper, good in basketball, soccer, and pool, and would basically be anybody’s friend. It was not strange that students fell in love with him. He was popular. Yet, he never dated anyone. Though girls confessed to him, made him cakes, brought lunch for him and filled his locker with love letters. Still, he never said yes to anyone. It was always I am sorry.

But when the most popular guy in high school confessed to him, he was tempted.

Maybe it was his pride. The idea that he could get the most sought after in school sounded great. Besides, he was tired chasing an imagination that seemed to be unreal.

So that time, he said yes.

In the same time, Nam Taehyun fell ill. He kept having headaches and not having any appetite. He slept but he felt really tired. He felt sad out of nothing. It went on, making the people close to him worried.

The first days of dating were sweet for Mino. He was indeed handsome. But he was more than just a pretty face. The guy was nice and polite. He loves to dance and watch movies, thus they went to the cinema several times.

He would cook lunch and brought it to school for him, every day. He uttered clearly that he was in love with him.

Mino should be happy. Really. He tried. He really did.

It would succeed if only his dreams of him stopped. Mino saw him crying. He saw him lying in his bed with fever, her mother worriedly put a wet cloth on his forehead. He was ill and upset every time he saw him in those dreams.

He would not know but it was the first time Mino dreamed of him in the present time, and not in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~

One night, after watching a live performance in a café, his boyfriend asked, “Did you have a good time, Mino?”

“I did. It was a great performance. I like it a lot”

“What about me?” He asked shyly, his voice blending nicely with the night wind, “Do you like spending time with me, Mino?”

Mino had to swallow first before smiling and answering,

“Yes, I do. It feels nice to be with you”

He unabashedly tiptoed and pecked Mino on his lips.

He stood still for a moment, looking at him. Speechless.

“Song Minho, I love you” He said softly.

He then moved forward and kissed him again.

Mino finally circled his hands around his shoulders, kissing him back. Under the moonlight, in a dark park near his house, they kissed for several minutes, playing with their innocence and the temptation of youth.

~~~~~~~~~~

In his bathroom, Nam Taehyun fainted.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun woke up, his focus spun before stopping to form the shapes. Her mother held his hand,

his grandmother sat beside the bed, leaning to see his face closer.

“Taehyunie… my dear boy…”

This is a hospital, he thought. “Omma…”.

“Yes, yes my child. I’m here. Halmoni is here too…”

His grandmother reached his other hand and Taehyun uttered, “I’m f—fine….”, before lapsing into unconsciousness once again.

His family’s heart torn to pieces seeing him ill like that. However, the doctor only could say that it was severe exhaustion and anemia. He seemed to need to rest. A lot.

“Has he been doing something physically heavy?”

“No” his mother answered, lips quivering.

“Emotionally heavy perhaps?”

“He didn’t say anything, but I don’t think so. He just suddenly fell ill for almost a month already”.

“The lab result was clean. So I’m sure he just needs to rest for a while. He’s stable now. You can take him  home tomorrow.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino could not sleep that night. He turned and his bed, but sleep refused to come.

He could not sleep that day, and the next, and the next.

He missed that boy. He wanted to see him in his sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

After one month, Mino finally told the guy that he could not go on anymore.

“I’m sorry…”

“Why? Why won’t you like me? Is there someone else?”

He didn’t answer.

“Well, I hope. I really hope, that he treats you better than me”. It was the last he said before running away in tears.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun woke up that morning without a headache, for the first time in weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~

When Mino slept that night, he saw him again in his sleep. He was relieved. He missed him. Too much.

~~~~~~~~~~

On New Year’s eve, a lot of people in Seoul gathered in Myeongdong for the countdown, bringing firecrackers and trumpets.

The crowd was huge. Every available spaces were filled with people and even more people.

Taehyun walked around with his friends.

Mino joked around with his friends. Both groups walked to the center of Myeongdong where the countdown was about to start.

Seunghoon, Taehyun’s friend, joked to him, saying, “I believe I could make all the girls here drool for me if I dance up there…”

“On the podium?” Taehyun asked, eyes dancing and smiling at his friend, daring him with a look.

Taehyun walked without looking around and crashed someone’s back.

Both persons turned around in a stream of apologies.

Only to freeze when they see each others' faces.

Time, place, and the air halted.

Mino’s eyes widened.

Taehyun thought his eyes were playing cruel tricks on him.

Something sharp was stuck in Mino’s throat as he saw his dream guy materialized in front of him. In a flash, he remembered the child, the pre-teen, and the handsone guy that haunted him all his lifetime.

Here he was.

Taehyun remembered him, his chubby cheeks when he was a child, playing with his toys, composing in his room. A person he truly wished was real and he could meet.

And here he was.

Taehyun attempted a greeting the same moment Mino reached for his wrist.

Taehyun’s eyes followed his hand.“I’m sorry…”

Mino fought for intelligible words, “But what’s your name?”

His own heart quickened to a race when he answered, “I am Nam Taehyun…”

“I am Song Minho…”

Taehyun stared, wanting to remember every inch of his face, in case this was the first and the last.

“This might sound crazy for you….But I—see you, in my dreams. For years” Mino said.

Rushes of emotions charged him. Leaving Taehyun feeling overwhelmed.

“If you’re crazy, Minho-ssi, then so do I. Because I see you too, all the time, as if I know you my whole life”

Seunghoon stared open mouthed for some time, seeing Taehyun holding hand with a random stranger. After all, he knew how Taehyun was always hesitant with strangers.

When the strange man interlaced his fingers with Taehyun’s, he could not stay quiet anymore.

“Yah! Who the hell are you?! Let him go!” He yelled angrily, pulling Taehyun hands off of him.

“Seunghoon hyung, it is okay. It is—him”

“What? Him who, silly? I know you’ve never met this ert before and I’m not going to let—“

“Hyung, it is him”

“Him?” Seunghoon frowned, and then the way Taehyun walked back to him, reaching for his hands again,

Seunghoon finally understood. He does not really get it, but he almost cried himself, and finally stepped back.

Song Minho and Nam Taehyun stared into each others' eyes as the countdown for the New Year began.

Mino concluded he was seeing the same dream. If not, he would not be in tears. It was unexplainable, utterly irrational, and defied all reasons and logic, but it felt true.

As the fireworks began to pop colorfully in the sky, Mino touched his cheek with the tips of his fingers, wiping away his tears.

And finally, Mino moved forward and very slowly touched him waist, enveloping him in a hug.

He closed his eyes as Taehyun hugged back, burying his head in his coat.

They were not strangers.

How could they be strangers?

They were two separated piece of a circle finally merged into one.

“You are real…” Taehyun breathed, amidst the noise, Mino could heard him continue, “Oh God, you are real…”

Taehyun clutched his sleeves tighter. Because he felt like he was complete now.

Minho was the missing piece all along.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Can I….take you to your home?” Mino asked carefully.

Taehyun nodded.

“But Taehyunie—“

“I trust him”

One sentence, and Seunghoon shut his mouth close.

“Fine…”

Seunghoon went home with Jiwon, while Taehyun and Mino walked to the other side of Myeongdong.

On the subway train, Mino asked, “How old are you?”

“I’m 19”

“I am 21. I am going to enroll in a university soon”

“What?” Taehyun asked, alarmed, “w—where?”

“Here, in Seoul” Mino chuckled.

“Oh”

They held hands all the way, no one was willing to let go, as if each will disappear into the darkness again.

“Do you really see me in your dreams too?” Taehyun suddenly asked out of nowhere.

“Yes. Almost every night” Mino answered.

“So do I. It’s strange, but we must be connected, somehow”

“I guess so. Though with what, I don’t know…” Mino agreed.

When they arrived in front of Taehyun’s house, Mino asked for his number. Taehyun gave and asked his in return.

“Are you… Like… seeing someone right now?” Mino asked carefully.

“Me? No” Taehyun shook his head.

Mino smiled so wide Taehyun wished he could have the privilege to see it forever.

“How about you, Minho-ssi?”

“No. I’m not. You can call me Mino hyung.., Minho-ssi sounds so formal…”

They stood together, looking down at their clasped hands.

“Can I see you tomorrow?” Mino asked, not exactly wanting to let go of those soft and pale hands.

“Yes…” Taehyun’s answered was almost immediate making the older guy smile.

“And the next day?” Mino asked hopefully

“Of course. And every tomorrows after that!” Taehyun answered, blushing with the forwardness but he just would not let him out of his life. Not now, after finding his fairy tale was real.

“I will pick you up from school if you don’t mind telling me where it is.”

Taehyun told him the name of the school.

“I saw you wearing that high school uniform in my dreams several times. It is like I see your days, like a serial drama” Mino smiled.

“So do I. I see you too. Maybe one day we will get to know the reason why…”

“I should go home…” Mino said reluctantly, letting the younger’s hand go.

But Taehyun caught his hand again.

“You, you would not forget me, right? I will really see you again, tomorrow?”

“Don’t worry. I think I will be around you from now on. I don’t think I would be able to help myself”

Taking a deep breath he did not even knew he had been holding, Taehyun let go of his hand.

“See you, Nam Taehyun…” he pronounced. The sound was like a caress in Taehyun’s heart.

“See you Mino hyung”

Seeing him walking away, there was a foreign urge to run down the street to be beside him again, but Taehyun contained himself.

Two hours later, he called Taehyun, saying he got home and wishing him a good sleep.

It was a new beginning of two persons that were meant to be together.

~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Chinese New Year! FInally found time to post a new fic... Benn really busy with worklife but I had an enjoyable holiday and managed to finshed a few of fics.. I will post them up in due time after I tidy them up so please stay tuned!

Please let me know if you like this... I am not sure if it turned out well but i hope you all like it! No silent readers please as usual!