Chapter 7

Rapmon Seems to Always be in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

V had been listening to the phone call and after he says goodbye to Jungkook, he starts thinking about the case years ago.

(flashback)

He was just out of the academy and was so excited that he was placed as the partner of Min Yoongi, who was one of the best cops in the station, despite only being two years older than him.

“Hi, I’m Kim Taehyung, but you can call me V. It’s nice to meet you.” He says, offering Suga his hand for a handshake.

“Yeah, you too…” Suga replies nonchalantly. “If you’re going to follow blindly, then there are only two rules I have. Don’t get in my way and remember that they’re human, too.”

(end flashback)

V remembers how sad he was when this happened. Suga was his role model after all. Over those first few months, the two of them began to grow close. They would go into calls and would have each others backs. There was one time that he even saved V from being shot. Everything went well for the first couple of months, until a few murders started happening. Suga got annoyed that the detectives weren’t doing anything.

(flashback)

One night I had forgot my keys to my apartment back at the office after I left early to go have some drinks with my friends. I came in and found it odd that the lights were still on despite being so late at night. I went and found the keys and as I was walking out to leave I look and see that Suga is still at work.  “What are you still doing here?”, I ask.

“I just need to go over this case one more time and then I will be going home.” Replied Suga.

I did not believe him, but I knew it wasn’t worth arguing with Suga especially with alcohol in my system. I  left after this and made my way home.

The next day when I came in to the office Suga was already there and I  noticed he was still in last night’s clothes. I decided to invite him to go out for drinks after shift with me, Jungkook ,who had just started out, Minho, and T.O.P.

We had just gotten there and Suga decided that we had to do shots. We were on our fifth round and all of could feel that it was getting to be to0 much so we switched over to soju, but Suga decided to keep going with the shots  and that’s  when I could tell something was really wrong.  He just kept spiraling and soon he would only come to work and then the next day he would come in hungover  work like a madman and then go back out later that night. It was at this point that our commanding officer told him that if you don’t get yourself clean I am going to have to fire you. The next day Suga had been signed into rehab.

(end flashback)

Suga gets up from the bar, throws some money down, and leaves, glad that he had not drank anything yet. He had not had more than a sip of soju since he had gotten out of rehab and he knew that if he had started he would not have been able to stop. He drives to the hospital, wondering what could be wrong when he sees Jackson and Jhope in the waiting room. He looks and sees a dark crimson spot on Jackson’s sleeve and Jhope sitting with a blank stare on his face. Before he goes to his friend, he decides to go up to the receptionist and tell her his name. She tells him that it will just be a minute till Dr. Jin will be with them and that he should go sit down. As he sits down the doctor comes out and asks them to come to another room. Even Jackson who was not  given permission to hear the information was allowed in.

Jin explains what Rapmon’s injuries are and that he is okay and that the gash on his forehead will heal fine and that his arm will need surgery to repair the bone because it was broken in two places and asks Suga to sign consent on the procedure.

Rapmon goes into surgery right after and while he is in there Jackson explains to Suga what happened. Suga feels extremely guilty and blames himself for what happened, if he had just called Jhope, Namjoon would be alright.