Chapter 6

Rapmon Seems to Always be in the Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

The ambulance finally arrives and they place Rapmon in it. He’s regained eupnea, but had not woken up yet. Jackson takes a breath and thinks about how it was a good thing he had paid attention during his CPR training because he would not be able to take a friend dying when he was in charge. Jackson collected his thoughts, gave the waitress his card so he could pay the bill later, and pulled a shocked Jhope towards his car. On the way to the hospital, Jackson put on his lights and drove as fast as he could.  going waaaaay over the speed limit dawg. thug life 101

At this point, the ambulance arrived at the hospital, and Rapmon was met by their best trauma doctor, Kim SeokJin. Jin assess the situation and decides that he needs a head CT before they do anything else and gives him a heavy dose of painkillers to knock him out because that gash and the angle his arm is at will definitely be agonizing whenever he wakes up. Jin just hopes that the man isn’t allergic to these drugs. After the head CT, he concludes that there is no swelling of the brain and that the gash to the head is what should be fixed first. As he sutures the forehead, a nurse comes in and tells Jin that some friends of Rapmon are here and want to know if is okay. Jin knows that he cannot disclose any patient information, but decides that they may be able to give him a number to call his family and he should at least tell them that their friend is okay.

While talking to the friends, he learns that the patient’s name is Namjoon, but everyone calls him Rapmon. He is also given his mother’s number and she tells them that she is out of town and will not be able to get back. The mother tells the Dr. that her son’s roomates and Jhope can be given medical information about Rapmon’s condition.

Dr. Jin walks out to the waiting room and asks who these men are. Jackson answers for the both of them, saying that he was Rapmon’s friend and this guy over here is Jhope, his roommate. Jin can tell that Jhope would not be able to give consent in his current state of mind and decides to ask Jackson if he can get one of his fellow officers to locate a man by the name of Suga. Jackson has no idea how he could locate the man, so he decides to call his sergeant, Jungkook.

Jungkook answers on the second ring and Jackson starts screaming that Rapmon is in the hospital and the doctor is looking for someone named Suga. Jungkook knows that he has heard this name before when he goes to set off an APB for the location of Suga. When he remembers that this is his best friend Jhope’s roommate's name and then he remembers that he is also a detective on the murder case. He grabs his phone, praying that someone is still in the office because he couldn’t think of any other way to get in touch. The phone keeps ringing and nobody answers. When he remembers that his neighbor V was Suga’s partner. Jungkook runs down the hall and pounds on V’s door. V opens up with sleep in his eyes, but before he can ask why he’s at the door, Jungkook is asking him to call his partner.

Suga answers on the second ring, thinking V must have left something at the office again. He wanted to tell V that he did not end up going back and decided to grab a bite to drink and have some soju to relax, but the voice on the other end of the line was not his partner. The man tells him that he is Sergeant Jungkook and that there has been an accident. He explains that he must get to the hospital quickly.