After Party

Coffee For Two

Himchan had lost sight of Jongup almost immediately after they had walked into the hall. He had probably been dragged to the dance floor by the company dancers. Himchan found a table and began nursing a glass of wine that a server brought him.

He liked parties and dancing, but doing it in front of a group of professionals was a little too intimidating.

About an hour after arriving Jongup stumbled his way over to the table Himchan had been sitting at. “Dance with me.” Jongup’s breath smelled like liquor and his cheeks were flushed.

“Are you drunk?” Himchan questioned but allowed the younger to pull him by the wrist towards the writhing bodies.

“It a party, hyung.” Jongup took both of Himchan’s hands and began moving to the heavy beat. Himchan did his best to follow the rhythm, but Jongup didn’t seem satisfied. “Come on, move your hips more. Like this.” Jongup took a step closer and placed his hand on Himchan’s hips. He began swaying Himchan to the music. Instinctively Himchan rested his hands on Jongup’s shoulders.

Himchan tried to mimic the movements of the dancer around, well the moves that weren’t just grinding against another person. Jongup smiled at this, so Himchan thought that he must no be doing terrible.

The song changed to something that was apparently popular, but Himchan couldn’t recognize it. A new flood of people crowded the dance floor squeezing everyone tighter together. There was hardly space if you weren’t on top of the person you were dancing with.

Jongup reached up to take one of Himchan’s hands and turned so his back was pressed against Himchan. It was by no means the first time they had danced like this, but something about it now made Himchan feel uneasy. He tried to shake the feeling and just let the music flow through him.

It didn’t take more than a couple of songs for the heat coming off the other dancers to become uncomfortable. Himchan tapped Jongup’s shoulder and the younger turned slightly so Himchan could whisper in his ear. “I’m gonna step out for some air.”

“I’ll come with you.”

The two of them wove their way through the dancers and found their way to the side door that lead outside. The cool air felt really good after the heat of the dance floor.

Jongup swayed slowly back and forth with his eyes closed.

“You okay, Uppie?”

“Not sure.”

“How much have you drank?”

Jongup hummed as he thought. “I lost count. The leads kept handing me shots.”

“You were doing shots?” Jongup just nodded his head.

The music inside changed again to a slower song. Jongup stepped closer to Himchan and locked is hands behind the older man’s neck and started to slow dance. Himchan rested his hands on Jongup’s lower back and moved with him.

“This is a nice song,” Jongup slurred. He rested his head on Himchan’s shoulder.

“Maybe we should call a cab.” Himchan tried to think of the last time he had seen Jongup this drunk but couldn’t think of any occasion. “You need to drink water and go to bed.”

“After this song…”

As the song progressed their movements became less and less, until they were simply swaying from side to side. The song came to a close and Jongup pulled back to look at Himchan.

Without warning Jongup leaned in and crushed his lips against Himchan’s. Himchan froze.

They were connected for a few moment before Jongup pulled away again. “I’m gonna be sick,” He said stepping away. Jongup grabbed his stomach bent over and vomited.


Himchan pounded on Yongguk’s door. He could hear some shuffling inside just before a sleepy Yongguk opened the door. His eyes widened when he saw his friend standing there with a wild look in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?”

“Can I come in?” Himchan didn’t wait for an answer and pushed past Yongguk. He didn’t even bother to take off his coat or shoes as he plopped himself down on Yongguk’s couch.

“What happened? Are you okay?” Yongguk’s eyes were full of concern as he joined Himchan on the couch.

“Jongup…” Himchan couldn’t finish. He was still in so much shock.

“What about Jongup? Is he okay?”

“Yeah. I took him home. He’s in bed. He drank way to much tonight.” Himchan stared at the table in front of him. He was desperately trying to process what had happened earlier.

“Himchan? Look at me. What happened?”

Himchan slowly turned to his friend. “Jongup kissed me.” Even hearing the words come out of his own mouth didn’t make it seem real.

Yongguk sighed. He didn’t seem nearly as shocked as he should have been. “Oh.”

Oh? Aren’t you as shocked as me?” Himchan’s brow furrowed.

“To be honest, I’m not shocked at all. It’s more shocking that it took this long for it to happen. I mean, Jongup’s been pining after you since college.”

“What?!” Himchan squeaked standing abruptly.

“Channie you can’t really be that oblivious?” Yongguk studied Himchan for a moment before his expression changed to slight horror. “You really didn’t know?”

“How could I?! Jongup never said anything!” Himchan ran his hands through his hair and started pacing.

“Himchan, you’ve lived with him for almost three years. Did it never occur to you to ask him?”

“No… Oh god.” Himchan’s breaths were coming in heavy gasps. “Oh god… I flirted with him all the time! I-I… Oh god.” Himchan sat back down and buried his face in his hands.

Yongguk rubbed a comforting circle on his friend’s back. “I think once he’s sobered up you need to talk to him, before it gets… difficult. And you should tell Daehyun too.”

Himchan stiffened. He hadn’t even thought of that. Daehyun was far from his mind, but now that he was reminded of his boyfriend a cold dread settled in his stomach.

“I c-can’t,” he stuttered out.

“You have to. It’s better if you tell him what happened as soon as possible.”

“Oh god.”


A/N: .........What have I done? I'm so sorry guys... I'm the worst...