And here we go again

My Love's Too Big For You, My Love

Hands

Soonyoung sat in the corner and sipped on his coffee as he watched Jihoon edit a line once again. The dancer was taking a break before he had to get back to choreographing, and had gotten the two of them coffee. They were the only two left in the building; Soonyoung was unhappy with something he just choreographed and Jihoon never seemed to stop tweaking his songs.

Soonyoung watched as Jihoon played a piano melody again, moving one note up a half step and moving another down before playing it again and adjusting it a bit more. His fingers danced across the keyboard and Soonyoung thought that he could make even the simplest tune beautiful.

Jihoon had pretty hands. Well taken care of and long , they were very obviously the hands of a pianist. They were always so graceful, even when Jihoon made those claws whenever he felt awkward.

His hands that sculpted all their music into masterpieces. So gentle, his hands plucked notes on Soonyoung’s heart just like they did on a guitar-

“What do you think of this?” Jihoon asked, unplugging his headphones and playing a part of their song- the same part he’d been messing with for two hours.

Soonyoung listened closely and grinned. “I like it, but I do think that one note should be down a half step-” and they launched into a debate.

Face

Soonyoung smiled as he glanced over at Jihoon during a fanmeet. His eyes crinkled as Jihoon gaped at a handmade gift, a drawing of all the Seventeen members together at their debut stage. He continued staring as Jihoon chatted with the fan a little before he had to move onto the next.

“Oppa?” The fan in front of Soonyoung asked.

“OH I’m so sorry!” Soonyoung blushed as he finished signing.

The fan laughed. “It’s okay, Woozi-oppa is my favorite too.” She winked before moving on.

Soonyoung tried not to look over at Jihoon again because he knew he would get distracted by the younger. It wasn’t his fault that Jihoon was so damn expressive.

It wasn’t his fault that every time the younger laughed or merely smiled, his cheeks would get even rounder and just so squishable and perfect.

It wasn’t his fault that the other had such clear, perfect skin that seemed to glow wherever they went.

Soonyoung found himself staring at Jihoon the whole way back to the dorm.

Laugh

Soonyoung made another ridiculous joke and waited for a moment. There it was. The adorable ‘hahaha’ his pink-haired friend made. Soonyoung allowed himself to break out into laughter as well, turning slightly to glance at Jihoon.

Jihoon was doubled over, eyes crinkled up in mirth. Soonyoung was so glad that he could make Jihoon laugh- he knew the composer was in a rut this morning and was in a bad mood from wrestling with tempos and harmonies all last night as well.

Jihoon’s laughter was so infectious as well. If Soonyoung laughed, Jihoon would laugh, so Soonyoung would laugh more, and if uninterrupted, the cycle would continue until both of them were lying on the ground, panting to catch their breaths.

Soonyoung lived for that laugh. Jihoon’s laughter made everything better. If Jihoon laughed, then he knew that he did his job right, that he kept their composer up and going for just a bit longer.

Soonyoung knew that Jihoon was always touchy because of stress, so he tried to make jokes as often as possible. He would act as ridiculous as needed, puff his cheeks and cross his eyes, nearly bend over backwards to get a chuckle.

Sometimes Soonyoung wondered if it was worth it, to put in so much effort to make one person happy for five minutes. If it was worth it if Jihoon was just going to get stressed again and possibly snap at him for distracting him from his work.

But then Jihoon would laugh again, a full, hearty laugh, and Soonyoung would remember.

Oh yeah.

It’s totally worth it.

Eyes

Jihoon had pretty eyes. Scratch that, the prettiest eyes. The best, prettiest eyes that held so much emotion in them. Emotions only Soonyoung could comprehend.

Like whenever a composition wasn’t working, the worry and stress that Jihoon didn’t dare tell anyone about, but Soonyoung understood anyways.

Or the panic when the president asked if their song was coming along well when Jihoon was having a hard time.

The relief when someone (usually Soonyoung) forced Jihoon to go to bed at 3 AM, despite consistent protests that he had too much to do to got to bed that night. Soonyoung knew Jihoon appreciated having at least four hours of sleep.

The happiness when Jihoon finally finished a song that the CEO was happy with after having struggled with it.

Soonyoung probably spent too much time staring at Jihoon.

Mouth

Jihoon was staring again. Soonyoung only snuck glances in order to not make it obvious that he knew, but Jihoon wasn’t being very inconspicuous about it either.

Soonyoung didn’t mind teasing him a little bit.

“What’s up?” Soonyoung asked, moving to sit next to Jihoon, spinning himself slightly to face Jihoon in the desk chair.

“Hm? Nothing, why?” Jihoon hummed, returning to his phone game that had said GAME OVER for the last five minutes.

Soonyoung decided not to beat around the bush. “You were staring at me.”

Soonyoung could see Jihoon trying to come up with an excuse. “You had something in your hair. It’s gone now.” Jihoon muttered, eyes not leaving the new game he started. Soonyoung leaned in to watch, not quite done with messing with the younger. He saw the other stiffen as he got closer, Jihoon’s tongue darting out to his bottom lip.

Damn, Soonyoung really wanted to kiss him.

“But you weren’t looking at my hair.” Soonyoung pestered, “If I remember correctly, you were looking at my lips-” Just like I am now. “-and you just lied to your hyung.”

Soonyoung watched as Jihoon went into overdrive, unable to come up with a response that would work. Soonyoung realized he had probably gone too far and was now stressing the younger out, so he decided to back down.

“I’m just messing with you! Geez, calm down.  Although it’s good to know you think I’m good looking.” Soonyoung winked and went to go joke around with Jun.

He hoped Jihoon wouldn’t avoid him for the rest of the day because he got too close.

Jihoon didn’t talk to him for the rest of the day, blushing whenever Soonyoung said something about a kiss or skinship during their fanmeet.

It wasn’t all bad.

You

Jihoon was everything to Soonyoung. He was a friend, a crush, a shoulder to cry on, a person to care for, everything.

Soonyoung liked to think that he and Jihoon knew each other the best. After all, they’re in similar positions. They make the final product that is Seventeen’s comebacks. They build the songs, the movement, what their fans see when they hit the stage.

Soonyoung knew that Jihoon relied on him a lot. Soonyoung didn’t think Jihoon realized how much he relied on Jihoon as well. Jihoon’s face was enough to make his day better, and to hear his laugh made the clouds part on even the stormiest of days.

Soonyoung took care of Jihoon and Jihoon reminded him to take care of himself as well. He couldn’t very well make Jihoon go to bed and then stay up later- Jihoon wouldn’t allow it. Jihoon didn’t realize that the little things he did built up and made Soonyoung keep going at a steady pace.

Forcing Soonyoung to go to bed as well, cracking small jokes to get the other out of a rut, the tiniest suggestions of tweaks to choreography that made everything fall into place.

Jihoon didn’t realize that Soonyoung relied on Jihoon just as much as jihoon relied on Soonyoung. He didn’t realize they were both dependent on the other, and that’s why neither of them could leave.

He didn’t realize that as much as he was trapped in Soonyoung, Soonyoung was trapped too.

Trapped in those graceful hands, in his captivating face  and indulgent laugh, in those expressive eyes and his perfect little mouth.

And every time Soonyoung saw Jihoon, he was falling again.