My love

My Love's Too Big For You, My Love

So I made a chapter to celebrate Valentine's Day, even though it might already be over for some of you... I still have three hours left so maybe it's still pretty late but I still you enjoy!


Hands

Screaming fans surrounded them as Seventeen pushed through the airport. Once they were past security they would be fine, but for now JIhoon kept his head down and tried to stay in the middle of the huddle the band had created as protection.

The taller and sturdier members were on the outside with the security guards, and for once Jihoon was happy for his size because it meant he could stay within the bubble. He hadn’t gone to bed last night- their schedule had kept them up until 4 in the morning and he was struck with a sudden idea for a song. He would rather not sleep than let himself forget an idea, so he had stayed up, even with Soonyoung’s bugging him to go to bed.

Jihoon was near the back of the group, too tired to stay in the front. Suddenly a hand shot through the wall of bodies and grasped his wrist, tugging him out of the protection of the members and into the army of fans.

His eyes widened as he was shoved around a bit; the fan that had grasped his wrist engulfed him in a hug. Somebody was yelling and a commotion raised in the group as they realized what happened.

Jihoon really hoped they’d find him soon even though his face was completely covered with sunglasses and a face mask, not mention the hood he was wearing. Additionally, he was the same height as most of the fans.

Jihoon felt a familiar hand grasp his and intertwined his fingers with Soonyoung, who quickly pulled him to safety behind the security guards.

They had to keep moving, especially to make sure that wouldn’t happen again, but even when the crowd began to thin, Soonyoung refused to let go. It was only once they made it through security that Soonyoung let go of his hand.

Only to grab his cheeks, moving the sunglasses and face mask to examine Jihoon closely. Jihoon’s face flushed.

“Are you okay?” Soonyoung asked, somewhat out of breath from the panic of having his crush snatched away so easily. “They didn’t do anything?”

Nodding, Jihoon put one of his hands over one of Soonyoung’s. “I’m fine, it was just a fan who wanted a hug, I guess.”

Soonyoung nodded, feeling better now that Jihoon was safe. He exhaled heavily, eyes still scanning over Jihoon’s face to ensure that everything was fine.

Jihoon’s heart began racing; this much close contact with the guy he’d been crushing on for forever was not helping his decision to try to get over Soonyoung. Little did he realize how red Soonyoung’s cheeks were getting as well.

“Hey, you okay?” Seungcheol asked, hurrying over once he got through security, effectively breaking the moment the two were having. Soonyoung stuffed his hands in his pockets, coughing to hide his red cheeks as Jihoon moved his mask up.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Jihoon replied, watching Soonyoung out of the corner of his eye as Seungcheol dived into this diatribe about safety and being aware in these kinds of situations.

Was Soonyoung...blushing?

Face

For a long time, Soonyoung had thought that Jihoon didn’t like him back.

He had thought that the closest he would get to affection was the occasional extra line, a light thwack whenever Soonyoung made a move.

But he realized- Jihoon always hid his face. Why?

Because Jihoon, the Lee Jihoon that Soonyoung had been crushing on for the past four years, was blushing.

Rather obviously too.

Jihoon’s skin was pale originally, which made it blaringly obvious that Soonyoung had some effect on him. That all the denied cuddles and rejected care was because Jihoon was embarrassed, not because he hated the dancer.

And since he was embarrassed, maybe this wasn’t a onesided love after all.

Laugh

Jihoon started realizing once he was producing their third album.

Soonyoung laughed the most around him.

Soonyoung tried so much harder to make Jihoon happy than any of their other members. Soonyoung seemed to almost want to take care of Jihoon, rather than Jihoon leaning on him unnecessarily.

Jihoon did laugh more around the dancer, especially when he was in one of his ‘moods’. Most of the other members were scared of him when Jihoon was in a bad mood, but Soonyoung would just get louder and joke more to make Jihoon’s day better. It didn’t always work. But at least ninety percent of the time, Soonyoung was the one to brighten Jihoon’s days.

Maybe it was because Jihoon wanted Soonyoung around more so he was more tolerant of his jokes. Maybe it was because Soonyoung was funnier than the others.

Maybe it was because Jihoon had the most massive crush on Soonyoung the world had ever seen, so he had to be really, really pissed off to not want the dancer around.

Probably the last one.

No matter why Soonyoung was always the one to save Jihoon from his worst moods, Jihoon wasn’t complaining.

Especially since Soonyoung didn’t seem to mind.

Eyes

Somehow, Soonyoung and Jihoon made eye contact a lot more often now.

Either one or the other would be staring and get caught, but instead of looking away, they would just stare. Each would let themselves endlessly look into the other’s eyes until something, or someone, distracted them.

Sometimes they looked at each other at the same time and they would both laugh quietly.

Soon enough, they were communicating by just their eyes.

Soonyoung would open the door to Jihoon’s studio at 4 AM and give him a look to try to get him to go to bed. Jihoon would stare back, and Soonyoung would sigh before departing to go get both of them tea (decaffeinated, but he’d never tell Jihoon that) and would sit with Jihoon, helping him edit music until neither of them could keep their eyes open anymore.

Or Jihoon would walk into the studio first thing in the morning and meet Soonyoung’s gaze as the dancer warmed up slowly. Jihoon would sigh and roll his eyes at Soonyoung’s look before conceding and massaging out that one spot on Soonyoung’s back that had been killing him for a week.

The other members thought it was kinda creepy and would often ask how they did it, but both Soonyoung and Jihoon would just shrug and return to whatever they were doing before.

Mouth

Soonyoung slipped into Jihoon’s studio, carrying two mugs of steaming tea. Setting the green tea down next to Jihoon, he sat in the extra office chair he’d dragged into there two months ago and sipped at his own tea.

“Thanks.” Jihoon muttered, eyes never leaving the screen.

Soonyoung nodded in response, knowing the other couldn’t see him. “How’s it going?”

“Pretty well, for once,” Jihoon replied, picking up the tea, “The guitar part I liked finally fit in, just later in the song than I originally thought it would. And the bass just needed to be down a half step, so now the song sounds half decent at least,” he chuckled, spinning in his chair to face Soonyoung.

“I’m sure it sounds awesome and you’re being too tough on yourself again,” Soonyoung retorted, “as usual.”

Scoffing, Jihoon spun slowly in his chair, “Oh shut up, you get the same way about your choreography.”

Soonyoung shrugged, unable to argue.

“So... I did actually want to talk to you about something.” Soonyoung admitted, waiting as Jihoon spun back around, giving him a suspicious look.

“You seem serious.” Jihoon mumbled, drinking more tea.

Soonyoung pouted. “Why do you always get so suspicious when I say stuff like that?”

“Because it it suspicious.” Jihoon muttered, already distracted. Soonyoung should really stop pouting so much, it made his lips look so kissable and Jihoon wanted to know if they were as soft as they looked an-

“-and you’re staring at my lips again.”

“Wait, what?” Startled out of his daze, Jihoon blinked, taking in the image of a now-smirking Soonyoung. “What?”

“You must really like my lips, yeah? Are they pretty?” Soonyoung teased, making kissy faces.

“Stop that.” or I’m going to kiss the out of you “Now what were you saying?” Jihoon cleared his throat, unsuccessfully attempting to convince himself that he

“That distracted by my beautiful face, huh? Well, I was talking about what I really, really loved in Seventeen but you weren’t paying any attention at all. It’s so rude really, you never pay attention to what I’m saying-”

“Well it’s not my fault I just really, really want to kiss you!” Jihoon retorted, slapping his hands over his mouth as soon as the words had burst out. He spun around in his chair quickly, facing away to hide his mortified face. What did I just do?

Soonyoung smirked, deciding not to laugh in order to spare Jihoon at least some dignity. He slowly scooted forward in his chair.

“Hey, you never heard what I really, really love in Seventeen.”

“...what is it?” Jihoon mumbled eventually, still refusing to face the dancer.

“I won’t tell you unless you turn around.” Soonyoung teased.

Jihoon huffed. “Then I don’t wanna know.”

“Oh, you know you wanna know. It’s a really good thing!”

They sat there and bickered for a while, Jihoon unaware of how close Soonyoung was getting to his chair.

“Fine! What is it?” Jihoon barked, spinning around and finding himself nose to nose with Soonyoung.

Soonyoung only needed to lean in an inch for their lips to meet.

Jihoon’s eyes widened and he stiffened. Oh my god oh my god he’s kissing me oh my g-

Soonyoung lightly swept his tongue over Jihoon’s lips, asking for entrance. Jihoon complied and relaxed into the kiss, allowing Soonyoung to take control.

They broke apart for air, panting as Jihoon rested his forehead on the older’s.

Jihoon’s tongue darted out to wet his lips before he spoke. “You never told me.”

“Never told you what?”

“What you really, really like in Seventeen.”

Soonyoung chuckled before answering.

“You.”

“What?”

“I love you.”

Jihoon’s eyes widened, and his face was suddenly burning. He opened his mouth to reply, to say anything at all, but he found the words stuck in his throat.

Soonyoung’s face fell. Had he misjudged? Maybe Jihoon didn’t like him back as deeply as he did and was freaked out and was trying to figure out how to say it without crushing Soonyoung’s heart. Did he go too far? He probably went too far.

“...okay. I’ll be at the dor-” Soonyoung stood to leave but paused when the felt a hand gripping his sleeve.

“I...” Jihoon started, wetting his lips and refusing to meet Soonyoung’s stare, “...maybe...sort of....love you too.” He muttered at last, still not letting go of Soonyoung’s jacket.

Soonyoung broke into a smile. “You only maybe, sort of, love me too?”

Jihoon looked up to see the eyesmile he loved so much directed at him. “Well yeah, I can’t let your head get too big by loving you entirely, now can I?”

“I guess not.” Soonyoung laughed. “So, Lee Jihoon, will you maybe, sort of be my boyfriend?”

“Maybe.” Jihoon laughed.

Soonyoung tugged him out of his chair and leaned down to kiss Jihoon. Jihoon whined when Soonyoung pulled away, chasing his lips a bit before pulling away as well.

“You really like kissing me, don’t you?”

“Sort of.”