Meeting Night {Part 2}

1:18

The limo approaches nearer and nearer, finally stopping in front of the girl of my dreams - Lee Ji Eun. “Go on Jungkook -” Baekhyun slaps my shoulder as I exit through the door, eye smiling as I ruffled my hair slightly. I was younger than her, but it didn’t matter because I knew we were meant to be together. She starts to speak to me, but I only stare at her confidently, walking briskly. As I near her, I whirl behind her back and grab her arms behind to lock them in a pair of fake handcuffs. “I’m sorry, Miss Ji Eun, but you’re being arrested tonight for stealing my heart,” I quickly open the handcuffs again, reappearing in front of her. Oh, god, that was embarrassing. Her expression is something to behold as I fidget slightly.

“...wow,” Ji Eun’s face make me start to chuckle as cover my face.

“Alright, proper introductions? I’m Jeon Jungkook, a policeman if you guessed,” I shake her hand warmly, a boyish grin on my face.

 


 

Thoughts race through my mind when he had cuffed my hands. What the hell? Wait, seriously arrested? He was in a police uniform, not that it wasn’t bad. I mean, he looked quite fine in a uniform. His words linger in my head as I try not to imagine anything inappropriate - well I mean how could you not? That was way too spontaneous. His smile knocks all thoughts out of my mind, as I feel guilty for my thoughts. He looked so young! Jungkook…? Jeon Ji Eun...Hmm...I nod as these thoughts run across my head. “Hi! Nice to meet you, I’m Ji Eun,” We small talk a bit before he walks away soon after. Now that was a prepared introduction.

I try not to set expectations when the next guy comes out, his face shining brightly. “Hi there, I’m Jang Geun Suk,” He says politely while handing me a bouquet of beautiful flowers. “I’m a florist, and it was a pleasure to actually give my own flowers in person this time.”

“Oh, thank you,” My eyes light up as I smell the roses. “What a comforting profession,” I say with a chuckle.

“I enjoy it,” Geun Suk smiles once more as I wonder what to say next. “But how are you feeling?” He asks, carrying on the conversation lightly.

 

“Thank you for asking,” I start off, tucking a wisp of hair back into place. “Honestly, it’s been a really, really great night. A huge apology in advance though if I forget your name - I’m so sorry if that happens,” I widen my eyes, trying to figure out a distinct trait that would make me remember his name.

 

“No, no, don’t feel bad. I totally understand - I can barely remember my own name,” He chuckles lightly. “Well, I’ll see you inside - Those guys are really eager to see you, Ji Eun.”

I nod, smiling with a small wave as he turns back before going inside the mansion. Nice guy.

 


 

I get out of the car, straightening my suit firmly before walking confidently towards Ji Eun. “Hi, Ji Eun, I’m Kai - or Kim Jong In.”

 

“Which one would you like me to call you?” She asks with a pleasant smile.

“Jong In, please,” I say with a polite smile, thinking about my planned introduction. “Anyways, I’m a doctor, and I thought it’d be good to have a checkup just to make sure everything’s working, hm?” I say with a chuckle, revealing the stethoscope around my neck. Ji Eun’s laugh echoes in my ears, covering her shining teeth.

 

“Alright, well, let me just place this on you,” I place the circular part on her chest, a bit awkward but trying to seem like it didn’t mind me. “Your heart seems to be pacing very fast, I wonder why?” I say innocently, a thin smile covering my lips. She puts on a playful smile, chuckling.

 

“I wonder why...Should I check yours too, Doctor Kim?” Her head tilts, her brown orbs radiantly shining.

“That would be very kind of you, so yes please,” I give the stethoscope to her, letting her place it on my chest. I try not to feel nervous, but her body was so close to mind - her face right in front of me. She was absolutely stunning. I see her eyebrows lift slightly, probably noticing the sudden race in my heart beat. “Well, looks like we’re both experiencing the same problem, Dr. Lee,” I say cheesily as she takes off the stethoscope.

 

“Hm, I hope it’s not a terminal condition,” She plays along, laughing.

“Well, next time we talk I’ll make sure to check your eyesight - goodbye for now,” I tip my invisible hat, meandering to the door of the mansion. I think that went pretty well.  

 


 

I shake my head as Jong In leaves - these guys really had some interesting introductions. But the thoughts slip away as the next man comes out, his soft locks of hair reminding me of my Golden Retriever at home. Am I comparing him to a dog? What are you doing Ji Eun? He grins while walking nearer to me, his mouth opening, “Well, you look gorgeous tonight.”

A smile instantly appears, “Thank you, and you are looking quite handsome yourself - what’s your name?” I ask, keeping that arced line on my lips.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, and a pleasure to meet you. I am beyond words happy that you’re the bachelorette, by the way. I’m twenty three years old, I’m an architect, and my best friend is my dog,” He states, listing off facts. I chuckle, the dog connection lighting up in my head.

 

“What breed?” Was it going to be a golden retriever? golden retriever?

“Goldendoodle,” He responds happily, and I can’t help but laugh. Alright, that was sort of close. “What?” My laughter must’ve thrown him off guard.

 

“Oh, no, I was just thinking that you look like a dog-person, and I also have a Golden-Retriever at home,” I smile, getting out my phone to show a picture. “His name is Hunter, he just turned two three months ago, actually.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes immediately light up as he leans in to see the picture. “He’s so cute! Wow, yeah, my dog’s name is Heather - I got her only a month ago so I left her with my parents while I’m here,” His face has a hint of sadness that I can relate to. It’s hard to be away from your pet.

 

“Well, I look forward to talking to you more inside, Baekhyun,” I smile sincerely, shaking his hand gracefully.

 

“Me as well, I hope your other introductions go well too...though don’t forget me, okay? Don’t forget Baekhyun with the goldendoodle,” He emphasizes his name while walking away, bringing laughters from my stomach.

 

I wipe my hands on my dress, my palms feeling hot and sweaty. Alright, here we go -

The next guy comes out with a violin, though he doesn't play and walks towards me instead.

“You play the violin don’t you?” He asks with a grin, revealing his teeth.

“Yes, how did you know?” I ask, surprised. I don't think I had put it on my portfolio. It was such a mere hobby, though I did enjoy it.

“Please, play- I'll join in later,” he hands the violin to me and I chuckle, forgetting that he hadn't introduced himself yet. He then takes off a case on his back I hadn't even noticed, opening up and hoisting his one violin onto his shoulder.

I precede to play a duet I knew, and if he was a music enthusiast or involved in the profession he must know it. As I play the first measure, he joins in immediately, giving me an ecstatic look. “This is one of my favorites - Hadyn is beautiful.”

I agree with a nod, “by the way, what's your name?” I ask while flubbing up on a note. “Oh, oops,” I go back to concentrating, trying to remember all the s.

“Park Bo Gum - I’m actually a cellist but violin is the instrument I originally started on,” I watch his fingers effortlessly execute the melody. Child prodigy?!

“Ah, sorry - I keep making mistakes,” I’m slightly abashed at how good he was. I hadn’t practiced in years, though I really should. Now that I’m possibly going to date a professional musician as well.

“No, I must’ve taken you by surprise,” He says with ease, the bow at his fingertips moving with poise and grace.

“Why did you want to become a musician?” I ask, knowing that the first movement was coming to an end soon. Thank goodness for that.

I watch as his eyebrows knit together, hinting that it was a difficult question. “I think,” He pauses, “that I’ll have to get back to you on that. It’s a long story,” Bo Gum reveals his straight teeth in a bashful smile, making me blush slightly. He honestly met my ideal type.

“Alright,” I smile back, putting the violin down, “you’ll have to give me a raincheck for that conversation, hm?” I laugh and give the instrument back to him, watching as he placed it in the case.

“I will, definitely. But you played wonderfully, by the way. Probably better than some of my colleagues,” He sighs a bit, but returns back to his cheerful composition. “See you inside?” He asks, his chocolate eyes looking straight at me.

“Of course,” I nod as he starts to walk away, a bit curious. He seemed quite lively and energetic, but that question had sparked a mystery to him. Why was that question so hard to answer?

 


 

I take a few meditational breaths before opening the door (somewhat) confidently and giving Ji Eun a bright smile. “Well, hello,” I unconsciously keep that grin on my face as I realize that this moment was actually happening. For so many days I had been nervously thinking about tonight, the night where I’d actually meet my potential wife. This wasn’t a dream. I come in for an awkward introduction hug - well, it was better than a handshake, right? “I’m Sungjae by the way,” I nod, that foolish smile on my face still there.

“Nice to meet you! I’m Ji Eun, maybe if you know,” She jokes, and we laugh together. Ah, she was so pretty…

 

“No, I don’t think I’ve heard of you at all before. Whatever the case, awesome to meet you,” I shake her hand playfully, ending up laughing only a few seconds later. She nods, and I continue on. “Anyways, on the way here, I made a little travel journal of my adventure here, and I’d thought I’d give it to you as a gift,” I grin, handing her a little booklet with cute stickers on the front. Before coming, I had bought a Polaroid and those little tape things to add on. I think it had turned out pretty cute.

 

“Aw, Sungjae, this is adorable!” Ji Eun flips through the little book, seeing all my derp faces and pictures of the layovers I had. She flips to the last page, where it was blank, except for words written on the top: Meeting. I had planned to take a selfie with her to put on that last page.

 

“So you know how that last page is empty?” I venture to say as she still reads the past pages.

“Yeah?” Ji Eun looks up to face me.

“I was thinking we should take a photo together to put on that last page - like a sign of our meeting, hm?” I grin, revealing the Polaroid that I had somehow fit inside my suit jacket.

“Oh my goodness! That’s genius - alright, let’s take it,” She grins in glee, automatically posing as I stretch out my hand to get a good angle of us. Snapping the shutter, I wait for the Polaroid to come out.

 

“This is such a cute idea though, this booklet,” As the photo starts to form, we wait eagerly for the photo to come out.

“Noo! My eyes are closed!” I inwardly groan at the photo - Ji Eun looked beautiful but there was this silly smile on my face while my eyes were closed. Why, why?

“No - it looks so cute! Let’s put it in,” Ji Eun takes the photo, using some tape to paste it in.

“No! Ji Eunnn, I want to take another photo - that one is such a bad photo of me!” I whine, watching as she successfully tapes it in.

“You look adorable and candid! It’s okay,” She grins at me, laughing at my disheartened face.

“We are going to put another photo in,” I say defiantly, smiling afterwards. “But I guess I should let the other guys have some time - they’re pretty eager, ya know,” I say with a chuckle, waving a goodbye.

“Bye, Sungjae!” She eagerly says, waving back at me before I turn my head to walk to the front of my mansion.

 


 

Oh, he was so childish. I laugh inwardly, thinking back to his whining. Such a kid. The next man steps out, raising his head to reveal a cool and calm composure while walking towards me. “Hi, I’m Jae Rim,” He makes eye contact, that playful smile on his lips remaining. He holds both of my hands, and I strain my neck to fully look at him. How tall was he? I can’t help but smile as his gaze locks onto my eyes. His chocolate brown orbs were beautiful.

 

“I am here for you, and I am here to find love. I wanted to tell you that I do have a daughter - her name is Joy. Um…” He looks away, and I can see the love in his eyes for her. “She’s the apple of my eye and I absolutely adore her. She’s beautiful, funny, amazing..I just wanted to let you know I guess who I am and why I am who I am,” He grins crookedly, and I feel an urge to hug him. Control yourself, Ji Eun.

 

“That is so beautiful, how old is she?”

 

“Four now,” He smiles, his eyes a bit unfocused and I can tell that he must miss her.

“You’ll have to tell me all about her. But thank you, for assuring me that you’re here for a real relationship,” I give him a meaningful smile, squeezing his large hands slightly.

 

“My pleasure, I’ll try to grab you inside,” He says calmly, his deep voice very soothing to my ears. I nod, watching as he goes. It was somewhat like a burden, knowing there were going to be parents here as well. I couldn’t keep them here, stringing them along. They had a family. I needed to know who I could envision an actual future with.

 


 

He’s a dad? How could I compete with that? I wince as I step out out of the limo, my leg hurting pretty badly. I was on crutches, so I hobbled up to Ji Eun with a somewhat cheerful grin. “Hi there,” I begin, chuckling as her face is anxious and worried.


“What happened? Are you okay?” She gestures towards the bandaged foot and wooden pegs I was supposed to rely on.

“Um...sort of? Well, it's just a minor thing - there were some complications on a flight I was on recently, but that’s another story,” I try to go away from the experience, thinking it wasn’t good for a first impression. “I’d rather talk about how excited I am to be here tonight, and how beautiful you look, and how I really can’t wait to fall in love with you,” I say the cheesy words with no embarrassment - they were honestly how I felt. I know, it came to me as a surprise as well.

 


 

Oh, god. I couldn’t tell whether those words were real or not, but it was still sweet for him to say that. “Thank you,” I respond, a happy smile on my face. “But still, please take care of yourself hm? That doesn’t look so good,” a worried expression passes over my face once more as I glance down at his boot.

 

“Believe, me, I’ll be fine,” Sunggyu smiles, his eyes crinkling in a delighted manner. I could feel my blood pulsing slightly. That part of him was really cute - how narrow his eyes were.

 

“Um, I’ll see you inside, then,” I conclude, watching carefully as he hobbles to the mansion, step by step. I want to run over and try to help him but that wasn’t really an option. I take a deep breath, waiting for the next man to come out. Actually, the last man to come out. Wow, already I had met seventeen guys. That was crazy.

 


 

This is it, I’m the last one....This was probably the most nerve-wracking thing I’ve ever done and ever will do. With a swipe at my pants with sweaty palms, I open the sleek door and step out, giving a shy smile to Ji Eun. She fit my ideal type completely, but felt so...out of my league or something.

 

“Hi,” I say quietly, walking quickly to her and giving her an introduction hug-thing.

“Hi, what’s your name?” Ji Eun’s eyes welcome me, her thin lips curving upward.

“Suga, or Yoongi,” I introduce myself, my knee bobbing up and down. I was so nervous.

“Sweet as sugar?” She jokes and I follow her laughter but my eyes keep shifting from her constant gaze. “No, nice to meet you - where are you from?” Ji Eun asks and I have a mental blank out before responding.

“Oh, New York City,” I respond, swallowing while wiping my palms on my pants again. Calm yourself, Yoongi.

“Nervous?’ Ji Eun tilts her head, trying to get a look at my face which was focused on my feet.

“Yeah, a lot,” I heave a huge breath, finally mustering the courage to glance at her for a second.

“No! Don’t be - hey, I really want to get to know you okay? So don’t be afraid,” She warmly smiles, and I swear I can see a halo around her head. This girl must not be human or something. It wasn’t possible to be this nice. Not possible at all.

 

“Thanks...Uh, guess I should go inside, um, okay,” I exit weirdly, shuffling away as I mentally smack myself. I must’ve looked like an awkward idiot in her head.

 


 

I can relate, I think to myself as he somewhat walks or scurries away. Was I scary? I frown slightly, cracking my knuckles. Well, I had met eighteen men. And all of them, all of them, seemed as gentlemanly as Prince Charming himself. I wonder if I’ll meet him - my husband through these guys. Jae Suk approaches me, an ecstatic smile on his face.

 

“Ji Eun!”

“Jae Suk!” I follow his lead, going in for a hug.

“So,” He raises his eyebrows, wondering how I was reacting.

 

“They’re amazing - Jae Suk, I have no idea how I’m going to eliminate two tonight. Literally all the guys I met are dreamy, intelligent, handsome, kind, what am I going to do?” I shake my head in desperation, the words reflecting a bit of the chaotic mess in my head. I really did not know who I wanted to stay and who to send home. What if I sent home my perfect match? The thought gnaws at my brain, invading all thoughts.

 

“That’s why you still have time to talk to all of them tonight - use your time wisely, hm?” Jae Suk pats my shoulder, probably having gone through anxious girls multiple times already.

“I know, I know..”

 

“Anyways, you remember the First Impression Rose right? It’s going to be in the main room, so just grab it when you really feel impressed, okay?”

 

“What if they don’t want it?” I start to feel negative, wondering if any of the guys found me interesting at all.

 

“Believe me, Ji Eun, they looked absolutely smitten,” Jae Suk grins, chuckling softly. “Alright, now go inside and have the night of your life!”

 


 

Ji Eun threads her way carefully to the door of the mansion, lifting her dress while stepping up the few stairs. Opening the door, she places a charming smile on her face while entering the main room where her eighteen eligible men were situated. All hands clap for her graceful entrance, a number of grins appearing on their faces. She receives a tall glass of champagne from Jong In, and takes a moment to gather her thoughts before speaking. “Well, it’s really been a delight to meet all of you and hopefully learn all your names,” Ji Eun pauses for the laughter, “but I really hope that I can learn more about you guys through conversations tonight and find out what you’re all about! I’m looking for someone who will be my bestfriend, trust me as I trust them, and, most importantly, love me. So, as they say, let the best man win,” She holds up her glass with a triumphant smile, glancing around the room at all the others who, as well, were holding up their glasses.

 

“Cheers!”


A/N: Eyyy! So finally got this chapter up \o/ tho I dunno how I like it :P lol its really hard to think of eighteen introductions so these were pretty bad...that jungkook one tho >///< hehehe anyways hopefully it didn't seem rushed but I would like to move on anyways but I want to give each guy a good conversation so there will probably be three more parts to this night? maybe two? Because elimination ceremony as well...Well who do you like the most now? I know, I know, you're probably biased - but which guy do you want to see her with? Hehehehe well thank you for all the luff and support please continue to read, subscribe, and comment! Especially the last one - comments are like meh life? hehe luff you gusy ~ <3