Meeting Night {Part 1}

1:18

 

 

I look in the mirror cautiously, a girl - no a woman - staring back at me. “You can do it, Ji Eun.” Emotions and thoughts whirl around in my head. Was I ready for this? Was I ready to date eighteen different guys? And potentially...fall in love with one of them?

 

Was I ready to become the bachelorette?

 


 

Five months ago --

 

“It's the final rose, ladies. Siwon, when you're ready,” Yoo Jae Suk, the host, said solemnly before walking away. It was between Jung Eum and I. Week six. I was nervous - I hadn't had much time with Siwon that week. Even so, there was a chance that he might remember our cozy conversations and -

 

“Jung Eum,” He held out the rose to her as my mind froze. She gracefully walked past me, smiling graciously at Siwon before kissing him on the cheek and returning back to her original spot.

 

“Ji Eun, I'm sorry, please say your goodbyes,” Jae Suk popped in once more, glancing at me with a nod.

I felt the pain. I really did love him, Siwon, I did. He seemed like the best thing that had ever happen to me.

 

But I never had a chance did I.

 


 

One month ago:

 

“Welcome to the last episode of season twenty-one of the Bachelor, Women Tell All! Before we get started, though, I'd like to announce our newest bachelorette! Stealing hearts of America with every episode, please welcome the beautiful Lee Ji Eun!”

 

I could hear the crowd clapping and cheering as I stepped onto the stage. Smile, Ji Eun, smile! I take a seat on the couch in the center of the stage, my back straight as a ruler.

 

“What are your thoughts going into this process?”

 

I chuckle, sentences forming within my head. “Honestly, I'm terrified - I have no idea what the guys are going to be like, but I really do hope to find love. I wouldn't be here if I didn't,” I smile, wondering if the words were too cheesy. Wasn't that what most people said?

Jae Suk asks me another question and I sigh inwardly. This was going to be a long night.

 


 

Present:

 

The memories of the past year flash by, each pivotal to where I was now.

I'm ready - I'm ready to find my future husband.

 

“How do you feel, Ji Eun? Confident, excited, nervous?” Jae Suk flutters around me, his eyes b with curiosity. I take my time, thinking carefully.

 

“I honestly have no idea what to expect - I'm scared I'm going go blank out all of a sudden when the first guy comes out!” We laugh together, though my stomach is light and jittery. I'd barely dated three guys, and now 18? Heaven's help me.

 

“What are you looking for tonight in these men?” Jae Suk asks yet another question, though it does help to distract me from not psyching myself out by worrying.

 

“Tonight, I don't want to feel as if I have to create deep bonds - I want them to feel comfortable, confident, and calm. That may be asking for a lot, as I was a nervous wreck when I came here,” I add as a side note, glancing around at the beautiful mansion and familiar setting. Only half a year ago, I was riding in a sleek limo on the way to meet Choi Siwon. Now the roles are reversed.

 

“Well, here comes the first limo - good luck, Ji Eun,”Jae Suk gives me a firm handshake, his amiable expression making me feel slightly more at ease.

“Oh, I'll need all of it,” I laugh dryly, my lips parched. The first limo was approaching through the gates.

 

Fifty feet, twenty five, fifteen, ten, and finally it parked right in front of me - the glared windows covering the (probably) chaotic inside. I remember the emotional turmoil I was in half of a year ago. I smooth the cream lace dress I wore, just the slightest breeze making goosebumps on my bare arms emerge. I see the door open, and a figure in a black suit turns around, a warm smile on his face.

 

“Wow, you're looking gorgeous,” the charming words escape from his lips as he briskly walks toward me. I smile, starting to ask him his name until he tenderly takes my left hand, kissing my knuckles softly.

“Oh, thank you,” my cheeks flush slightly as I smile, placing a lock of hair behind my ear.

“No, thank you - I'm Seung Hoon, or Top if you'd like to call me by that,” he winks.

I'm about to respond but he continues on, “Well, I look forward to talking with you later on.” A boyish smile frames his lips and his hand lingers on mine for a second as he walks away. All I can do is nod. Okay, then. That was quick.

 

“Seventeen more to go..” I take a deep breath and turn my attention to the next man.

 


 

I watch nervously as Seung Hoon, or Top, has a charming first meeting. He was so cool...so collective and calm - how could I be like him? She was probably going to be disappointed at how small, tiny, young, annoying, unattractive, weird -

 

“Dude - go!” Hands push me out of the limo, and I almost stumble to the ground as the cold air hits my face. Way to go - almost trip in front of the girl of my dreams.

 

“Are you okay?” Her soft, gentle voice calls out to me as I look up, eyes enchanted by her delicate features. Her hair had two braided locks which met in the middle, while the rest tumbled near the waist. Her body was flattered by a stunning cream dress with a tight lace bodice that flared outwards.

 

“Y-yes,” I stutter while trying to remember what I was going to say. Agh! My mind is frozen.  

 

“What’s your name?” Her face has a hint of amusement, probably laughing at how childish I looked.

 

“Oh-oh, yeah, I’m Hyun Woo. Lee Hyun Woo. You look beautiful tonight. Honestly, I’ve admired you before they announced you were bachelorette - my sister made me watch the show with her and the whole time...I just saw you,” the words escape my mouth in a rushed manner before I can even think, which results in a tomato red face. Why did I say that? She’s going to think I’m a creep!

 

“Aw, how sweet,” Ji Eun’s face caringly smiles. Ah, was she human? She’s so beautiful...I almost drop my jaw but quickly blink.

 

“Oh, yeah, I was going to give you this -” I reach into my pocket, taking out a small leather bracelet.

 

Her eyes light up.

 

“I made this for you - it has your name on it. I’m a fashion designer, so I actually did make it,” I chuckle shyly.

 

“You’re so nice! How kind, thank you, Hyun Woo,” Ji Eun lifts her head, our eyes making contact.

I could feel it, a spark.

I give her a smile, “See you inside.”


I smile after he leaves. How adorable. Hyun Woo...I quickly tuck the bracelet into the clutch I had put behind me on the well before watching as the door the limo opens once again.

“Hi!” I try to be friendly, hoping that I was making everybody feel comfortable.

“Hi! The name’s Yonghwa, please to meet you,” He makes his way to me, pulling me into a casual hug. Oh, that aroma was nice.

I inwardly freak out at my words. What was I saying?

“How are you feeling?” Yonghwa asks me, his eyes almost sparkling.

“I’m pretty good, honestly. This is like a dream,” We both chuckle. “Thank you for asking, what about you? I, for one, remember being a train wreck.”

“I feel pretty calm, actually! Though, I have a question for you,” A mischievous smile comes out.

Curiosity runs through my mind. “Okay…”

“Do you know what fabric this shirt is made of?” He grins boyishly.

“No…?”
“Boyfriend material,” Yonghwa executes his pick up line proudly while I just burst into laughter.

“Thats golden,” I say, covering my mouth.

“Thank you, thank you,” He bows to the invisible crowd, hugging me again. “Alright, we’ll talk more, hm?” I nod, a bit giddy. All these guys were boyfriend material. And only three of them so far!


As Yonghwa (wait, that’s his name, right?) goes up the path into the house, I smoothly exit the car as quick as I can. I take my time, adjusting my suit jacket taking a deep breath. Alright, you got this.

“Hi, I’m Seung Ho,” I smile brightly as I turn around, walking briskly up to her. Oh, crap, what do I do. A hug? No, she just got one. Bow? That’s weird, man. Kiss on the hand? Are you copying off a certain someone?

 

“Handshake?” I hold out my hand, and she shakes it lightly, making me feel awkward. Why did I do that? I just ruined my first impression. This is bad. . “Um...I wrote this poem for you - but please don’t read it out loud - I’m a bit shy,” I forage in my pocket for the envelope, giving it to her neatly while smoothing out the creases.

 

“Oh!” Ji Eun’s smile makes my heart thump for just a small second. It was like the ray of sunshine after a cloudy day. Somebody I’d want to spend the rest of my life with for sure.

 


 

I read the poem, a faint blush on my lips.

 

I saw you once, that was enough

But life then on, was harshly tough

as I remembered that smile

those eyes that outshined

every star that I saw

as they were not

as beautiful as you.

 

“That’s lovely, thank you so much,” I look up, sincerely touched. These guys, they just went far past my expectations.

 

“No, I’m really bad at poems and writing...but those words just sort of came to my head when I saw that you were the new bachelorette. I’m really happy that you’re here….and me too. I’m happy I can have a chance with you,” He rubs the back of his neck, those dimples not escaping my gaze.

 

“You’re so sweet! That’s really kind of you to say that. Thank you...Seung Ho, right?”

“ Yes, Yoo Seung Ho..”

“I look forward to seeing you inside!”

“Yeah, definitely! Uh… one last handshake?”

“Sure,” We both chuckle, as I smile one last time. Such a nice guy. I really did look forward to talking to him more. He seemed sharp, but perfectly adorable at the same time.

 


 

“Good luck, man,” Jungkook gives me a pat on the back before I step out of the limo, a bit nervous. No, very nervous.

“Hi!” The famous Lee Ji Eun stands in front of me, a polite expression on her face.

“Hi, I’m Minhyuk, nice to meet you,” I give her a wide smile, unsure of my feelings. First thing that came to my mind was how similar she looked to my ex girlfriend. What a great way to start things off.

“How are you feeling?” She asks me with intrigued eyes.

“Nervous,” I reply honestly, trying not to make eye contact. It made me too nervous.

“Of course…”We have an awkward silence, and I try to think of a way to keep things going.

“Oh! I like to sing, so I thought I would sing maybe a little song for you,” I clear my throat, knowing that a cold might be coming soon. This was going in the wrong direction.

“Awesome! I’d love to hear it,” Her gleed face gives me a boost of confidence, and I take a deep breath before starting.

Star that shines in the sky

Star that shines far away from me

Seems like you came down to my heart

Star engraved in my heart

Star that shines in my heart

I think that might be you

Can you hear a quavering voice?

Oh star

I only sing one verse, and it ends on a voice crack. “Sorry, I think I have a cold,” I regretfully say, clearing my throat again.

“No, that was beautiful...thank you,” Ji Eun says thoughtfully, and we have another moment of silence.

“Well, I think I might’ve taken too long, but, um, I’ll see you later on, I guess,” I mumble slightly, a bit embarrassed. She was so direct and raw.

“Oh..okay,” I hear her voice as I start walking away and slowly slump my shoulders. I should’ve given her a hug, or something. Min Hyuk, you ruined that as far as you could. There’s no chance for a rose tonight.

 


 

‘He was...nice’ I think to myself, shrugging. Just maybe a little bit awkward. I wait expectantly for the next man, seeing a lanky body step out. Wow, he was really handsome. Chestnut hair that was ruffled but neat, dark chocolate eyes, beautiful skin, and a charming smile. However, he suddenly turns around with a microphone in his hand - eyes staring directly at me.

 

“Hello America, tonight we’re reporting live from California at the first night of the awaited Bachelorette! I, myself, am one of the lucky contestants to meet the beautiful, graceful Lee Ji Eun. I shall interview her now -”

“Hi there,” He walks quickly towards me, bowing slightly.

I giggle shortly (I’m acting like such a fool today), “Hi! I’m Ji Eun,”

“Well, good thing - otherwise I might be in the wrong place,” He says with another laugh, then introducing himself. “I’m Lee Jong Suk, a reporter, from Massachusetts.”

Score! Reporters were always quite the ideal in my mind.

“Awesome - great to meet you,” I have to strain my neck slightly to look at him - evidence of his tall height.

“Definitely...Anyways,” He turns back into reporter mode, “how do you feel in this role tonight?” The microphone is placed under my chin. I stare at him for a second, wondering if I was actually supposed to respond.

“Um, it’s been great. I can’t believe I’ll have to eliminate two tonight - so far, everybody has been so mannerly and amazing...including you,” I say cutely, my cheeks turning slightly rosy.

 

Jong Suk clears his throat, his smile coming out. “Well, that is all for tonight, folks. I should probably worry about getting that first impression rose, not the job I quit two weeks ago.” I laugh at his ending, amused by his humor.

“You’ve been doing a great job so far,” I cover my mouth, still laughing a bit.

“Thank you,” Jong Suk smiles widely, placing the microphone behind his back.

“I’ll see you inside,” I give him an affirmative nod, still laughing inwardly. Oh, god, that was funny.

 


 

Hm, guess I should get out now. I cleanly open the door, one foot at a time stepping out as I close the door with my knee. My hands were full after all.

“Hello, there, I’m Soo Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun,” I give her a polite smile, holding up the two glasses and the wine bottle I was carrying. “Care for some?”

“I would love one,” She laughs lightly, probably surprised that I had brought an alcoholic drink.

“I’m actually the owner of a vineyard company - this is one of my favorites,” I pour the red liquid into a clear glass easily, handing it to her before pouring mine.

“Cheers,” Ji Eun starts while tapping my glass with hers, “to a relationship ahead?”

“Cheers,” I smile and bring the glass to my lips, tilting it upwards. Ah, nothing better to calm your nerves.

“Like it?” I ask, watching her expression.

She takes her time, nodding. “Yes! It’s very good.”

“Good...well, second round inside?” I chuckle and take her glass.

Her laugh rings in my ears,“Sounds like a plan.”


I watch as he goes into the mansion, my mind blanking out. What was his name again? Soo something...agh, it was hard to remember all these faces. I wasn’t even halfway through. Mentally face palming, I look ahead for the next entrance. The door opens, and a guy dressed in a maroon tuxedo steps out. Well, that was different. I expect him to start walking to me, but instead he bends down, pulling something out of a limo. A...speaker? Placing his phone on it, loud music starts to play. It was classical music, actually. He fastens his bowtie, grinning before walking up to me. “M’lady, may I have this dance?” Bowing, he holds out his hand as I laugh.

 

“As you wish, kind sir.” I take his hand, being pulled into the rhythm of the music as he glides me around the...driveway and places his hand on my waist. “So, what’s your name?” I ask, curious.

“Madam, my name is Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung,” His eyes look directly into mine, eye contact that did throw me off for a bit. He was confident.

“A pleasure, sir, to meet you,” I softly smile, raising as my eyebrows as he twirls me around when the music ends. “I’m guessing you’re a dancer?” I ask, a bit dizzy from all the rapid movement. Thank goodness I had a dress that was easy to move in.

“A dance teacher now,” He corrects, “but yes.”

“Well, please teach me more steps inside,” I chuckle once more as he leaves, my fingers combing through my hair softly before the next man appears.

 


 

I step out once I see that she’s done talking to...Wooyoung, I think? Alright, the moment that I’ve been waiting for all these months is finally here. The jittering butterflies in my stomach slightly ease, only to erupt into more franticness. I see she’s waiting expectantly, and place on a dimpled smile. “Good evening, I’m Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo” I start off, starting to walk closer.

“Good evening, how are you?”

“I’m excited, nervous,” I shrug, chuckling softly.

“I feel you,” Ji Eun nods, and I try not to stare at her. She was remarkably pretty.

 

“Anyways, I’m a photographer, so I thought that maybe we should take a photo to commemorate the first night of our relationship, hm?” She nods somewhat enthusiastically, and I continue. “And what better way than to take a selfie? Here, I got my phone…” I fish in my pocket for my phone, taking it out while she starts laughing. “Alright, ready?” I hold up the screen at an angle which will flatter us best, placing my arm around her waist. It was a risk, but somebody’s got to take initiative. I could see that she slightly stiffens up at my touch, but eases gracefully. I click a few times, stretching my hand out further before glancing at the photos taken. “Oh they came out well! Shall we take goofy ones now?”

 

“Let me see!” She leans close to me, laughing while I scroll through. “Yeah!”

I stretch my hand out once more, pulling a deep face while she stretches out her face. “Oh this is golden,” we erupt into laughter, pointing out each other's faces.

“Well, I'll talk to you inside, Ji Eun,” I give her a raw smile and wave before heading into the mansion.

 


 

Wow, Myungsoo was honestly pretty handsome. All these guys were. It was...amazing to be the bachelorette. To receive the attention of all these great, eligible men. I wonder if I deserve this.

 

“How has the first batch been? Have your nerves calmed down a bit?” I smile as Jae Suk comes out once more, nodding adamantly.

“These are really outstanding guys. Each one is just equally handsome and sweet - Jae Suk I don't know how I'm going to choose one!” I laugh, though the fear was real. I've only gone through nine guys so far and I couldn't imagine sending any of them home.

 

“Well only your heart will know,” Jae Suk says wisely, patting me on the back. “Here's the second batch of limos - again, good luck Ji Eun!”


A/N: Welp first (third) of the chapter up :D Meeting Night is probaby going to take three to four chapters because there's so many guys Dx It's hard to decide who should go home as well too xP Anyways, who do you think has the best introduction so far? Lol Jae Suk = Chris Harrison hehehe. Please read, comment, and subscribe if you enjoyed! [comments are like everything to me guys please do help me to improve :D] Have a good Valentine's Day! Luff ya <3 ~