You ok there?

Love Recipe ~On hiatus~

After a good lunch, Seung Hyun decided to take Eun Ji out to look for the furniture to decorate their join office, so they ended up spending the rest of the afternoon in furniture stores and art stores. For Eun Ji this was starting to be a test for her patience, she was not into artsy stuff unless it was photography related and Seung Hyun hadn’t seem to catch on her change of mood.

They arrived to their 5th furniture store and just like that, Seung Hyun transformed once again in from of her eyes, he completely ditch his professional way and began acting like a kid in a candy store.

“Eun Ji-sshi what do you think of this one, isn’t it amazing?” he said pointing to the direction of a chair.

“Seung Hyun-sshi for heaven’s sake is a chair” she said taking a deep breath, this was the heaven known what number piece of furniture he had fell in love with that day.

“Is a piece of art!” he said trying to get her recognition.

“Is a mothering chair!!” she said finally snapping and feeling exasperated, despite they had already decided on the desks, they still hadn’t compromise on a sofa, a thing that for Eun Ji’s standards didn’t need to be a piece of art, just a nice place where she could crash.

“Hush!” he said while patting the chair “don’t listen to her, she doesn’t know what she is talking about”

“He is mental, how the I got stuck with a retard?” she thought while waving her hands and running them through her hair once again in desperation. She was tired, since she had worn that stupid dress, she had put on a pair of heels and her feet were killing her and she was dying to get back to the apartment, take a shower and crash for the day.

She took a deep breath once again and remembered her promise; as long as he didn’t mess with her kitchen she wouldn’t mess with his stupid choices of decorations, she had already won half of that battle, so she had to zip and endure it for the time being.

“Seung Hyun-sshi for the love of everything, I trust you completely on the choice of a comfortable couch, so if you aren’t satisfied with all the choices we have seem so far, why don’t you go choose one some other time, maybe in another store you know off?” she suggested, wishing she could extract herself from this situation.

“You have a valid point there” he said and finally glanced at his wrist watch and took notice of the time “How come is already 6pm? I could have swore it was earlier” and with that he finally took a look towards his companion.

“Ne, is already six, so how about we call it a day?” Eun Ji replied and he could see her beat down face and look down to see her in heels.

“I am so sorry, I can’t believe how I completely lost track of time, no wonder you were already exhausted. This is one of the reasons I usually do this kind of shopping alone, I tend to lost complete track of time, I am deeply sorry Eun Ji-sshi”

“Well, since you know it, that’s ok, now do you mind telling me where I can go grab the bus or a subway stop nearby?”

“Nonsense, I’ll take you home, is the least I can do after having drag you all day around Seoul, besides I don’t trust that you won’t get lost in your way back and if that happened, I believe Min Young-ah wouldn’t let me hear the end of it” he said while haling a cab for the two of them and stare right into her eyes “Come on, get in, my treat”.

Eun Ji nodded, that look felt more like a command and she didn’t felt like disobeying it. Seung Hyun hop right by her side and told the ahjussi the address.

When Eun Ji was about to reply that he could just drop her off nearby, he got a phone call and ask for her permission to pick up, since it was related to the restaurant, she simply nodded ok and began staring out the window. Seung Hyun was right, if she had tried to go back alone, she would definitely got lost, the city was already different for her during the day, but at night, it felt like a complete stranger she didn’t had quite the pleasure of meeting yet.

It took them around 40minutes to get to her place and almost the same time for Seung Hyun to finish up his phone call.

“I am sorry about today” he said after they got of the taxi and were standing in front of her building.

“Nah, don’t worry about it, I actually get it, you will see when you try to talk to me when I start developing the recipes for the menu, I go into this zone none seems to snap me out” she said to him.

“Guess we are similar in that way” he said and smile like a goof to her, taking her aback, in the month they had constantly meet, he had never smile like that to her, so full of honesty almost like a child.

“Maybe, you will have to be the judge of that. Thanks for the ride back, you were right, I will probably got lost on the way back” she said and started walking toward the lobby of her building.

“No problem, like I said Min Young-ah, would had skin me if something happened to you”

“Are you that close with her also?” Eun Ji asked intrigued and simply kept walking towards the elevator, while Seung Hyun follow her suit.

“Yes, actually I was one of the guys that actually gave Young Bae hell for the way he treated her when they started dating when they started university. So when she came back to the picture, Bae told her that I and Teddy were the ones that give him major hell about her”.

“Really? Is funny because Unnie never mentioned you, she only used to mention Teddy Oppa”.

“To be honest, we only got close around the time she began seriously date Bae again, she and Bae were a huge help when I went through some stuff a couple of years back, just when they started back again and giving the situation that it was, I am grateful that she didn’t told people about me actually”

“I see” she said while taking a step outside of the elevator and was received by a mountain of boxes stack up in the front of her apartment and one of the building’s security guards.

“Park Eun Ji-sshi?” the guard ask her and she nodded in response “this boxes were just delivered, since the shipping guys said they were ordered to deliver them today, they left them here, they left around 10minutes ago”

“Ahjusshi, I am so sorry, I was under the impression that these were going to arrive tomorrow”

“Don’t worry about it, but please, if you are expecting more packages and you aren’t going to be here, please let us know” he said and wave goodbye.

“And what are all of this?” Seung Hyun asked her and she look back, for a moment she had forgotten that he was still by her side.

“My belongings from my apartment in New York, a friend of mine shipped them last week, I really thought they were going to arrive tomorrow” she said eyeing at the at least 20 boxes from different sizes that were scattered in the hallway.

“Open up, I’ll help you move them” he said taking off his coat and placing it carefully on top of a box, revealing a perfectly tailored shirt that gave away that he had indeed a great body from what was visible.

“Don’t worry, I’ll move them”

“Nonsense, is my way of repaying you for what I put you through today and if that’s not enough, we can save some good points for when I get on your nerves in the future” he said once again smiling at her and she simply whispered a soft ok and opened up the door.

They began moving boxes for the next 20 minutes, Seung Hyun was moving the next to last box, and Eun Ji saw that the last box had a small black star draw on one of the sides, she opened it up and roll her eyes, immediately closing it, going back inside. Seung Hyun didn’t notice this, so he picked it up and carry it inside, but he tripped with one of the boxes spilling the contents on the floor, a bunch of pictures and papers fell along with some shirts and some dry flowers.

He tried to pick them up and place them back inside on the box, but she just came over and took the stuff, stuffing them in an empty garbage bag.

“Why are you throwing those away? Didn’t you pack those up?” he asked her surprised at her sudden coldness.

“No, it was my friends back in New York who packed my stuff, I guess someone forgot the fact that this things now belong in the trash” she said and he could see her struggle to remain calm, almost like if the anger was about to burst from her.

“Are you ok there? Do you want me to throw this out for you?” he asked her grabbing her wrist to try to stop her.

“Anya, I can do it; he is my garbage, so I am the one that needs to throw it out” she said taking a deep breath and kept on stuffing things onto the garbage bag.

“Tough break up?” he asked her sensing he was right after hearing her words.

“The worst kind” she said and finished packing everything up, closing the bag.

“Being there” he reply, but she doubted someone could have being through the amount of crap she had endure.

“I doubt it; my story is worth of a whole primetime drama, I bet it will even be a front runner for Descendents of the Sun ratings” she said while placing the bag by the door and going to the kitchen for a couple of bottles of water.

“Don’t worry, mine too” he said while moving other boxes to make room in the couch for him to take a seat.

“Common, I seriously doubt it. You look like you have money, you are young, handsome, but now that I think about it, your family probably opposed the match” she told him nonchalantly while offering him the bottle of water and taking a seat in the couch opposite of him.

“I don’t know if I should take that as a compliment; as the matter of fact it was neither of those things. She left me two days before our wedding” he said, what the hell he thought, he had already seen her contents spill over the floor, why not just spill his?

“Wait, SHE? As in female?” Eun Ji almost screamed, chocking up with her water.

“Yes, she, what did you think I was?” he said and immediately it all made sense, the way she was so comfortable around him “WAIT DID YOU THOUGHT I WAS GAY?”

“Well… to be honest yes…” she said completely embarrassed, wishing the earth will split open in that second and swallow her whole “I mean you have a weird obsession with furniture and decorations and have a killer taste for clothes and in my book and personal experiences, those fall in the gay category”

“You are a screw ball. I am not gay!!! I just have style!!!!! Why? Should I prove you I am not gay right here and now?” he said feeling his manhood hurt and began getting up with a hand in his belt.

“Easy there tiger, I believe you, let’s not whipped out anything ok?” she said feeling bad for having jump into assumptions. I mean many people thought she was a lesbian for the way she had acted when she first started working at the restaurant business, not taking crap from anyone and with a foul mouth from time to time. It wasn’t until they saw her dating that those senseless rumors died down.

“How could you just assume I was gay?” Seung Hyun and let out a small pout, while seating back down and grabbing a sip of water.

“Sorry, I mean it, that’s just how it is back in New York; I am still adjusting to how things roll here. I might be Korean but my mentality is something else”.

“I don’t know if I can let this slide so easily” he said clearly hurt, here he was sharing something that had happen to him and just like that he had ended up being gay.

“Mianhae, how about if I pay you back? Tomorrow come here and let’s have dinner, I’ll promise to cook something delicious. Then you can tell me all about what happen with that former fiancé of yours and I promise to let you know what my story is. I’ll invite you over tonight, but this place is a mess and I don’t have fresh ingredients left to make a decent dinner” she said in an apologetic tone.

“Call, I leave you to organize this mess, tomorrow at 8pm sounds ok? I’ll bring some wine” he said picking up his coat and smirking at her while putting on his shoes.

“Ne and sorry Seung Hyun-sshi. See you tomorrow” she said while staring at the boxes and seeing him closing up the front door. 

 

-------

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry I didnt updated over the weekend, some stuff happen and I was about to update yesterday when i received an unexpected visit that completely kill my writing muse (for those who have read my previous story, should we act... well yes, that Seung Hyun came over to visit... dont get me started...)
Thanks for my loyals readers and I hope this update gives more base for Seung Hyun and Eun Ji's ride.
Till next update
~sayurimei