Bark'n'Bite

[Drabble] Bark'n'Bite

.....

“You are not serious!” Byul barked at her father when she walked into the kitchen.
“What are you talking about?” Yifan asked as he lifted a set of four plates from a higher shelf and set them up on the table. Junmyeon had left him with the task to prepare the kitchen for their important guest before heading out to buy dessert and Yifan knew how particular his partner could be about the correct setting of cutlery, so he made sure to place the forks properly. Behind his back his daughter still fumed in true Kim Junmyeon manner.

“You don’t really plan to wear that shirt, do you?” Byul interrogated with furrowed eyebrows and pointed at his back. Yifan shrugged at her.
“I bought this shirt in particular for a day like this, do you see me showing any intention of changing into something else?”
“You bought it intentionally?” Byul screeched in disbelief and stared at him.
“I got it the moment we knew we would have you.”
“That’s ridiculous Dad, you didn’t even know what my uality would be.”
“Yeah, but I know what boys can be like towards girls.”
“Funny, that’s coming out of the mouth of someone who’s as gay as the sun is light.”
“That doesn’t mean I haven’t seen the way some of my friends treated girls at your age and I just want to protect you, okay?”

“Fighting on this important day?” Junmyeon interrupted as he marched to the table and set a box on it.
“Have you seen his shirt?” Byul asked accusing and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
“It’s black, I don’t see any offense in it?” Junmyeon wondered and carefully lifted the newly bought cake into the fridge. Byul huffed displeased.
“Let me correct that, have you seen what’s on the back of it?”
“The back…” Junmyeon wondered and gestured Yifan to turn around. Sighing he did, praying that Junmyeon humored him this time.

“You know how it is” Junmyeon said amused when Yifan turned back around “your Dad is all bark and no bite.”
“But Yoojae doesn’t know that.” Byul complained with wide opened eyes and a pout on her lips. Yifan saw it coming before Junmyeon even let his typical defeating sigh. Their daughter knew how to plead them right and she was their little princess after all, so saying no was a hard feat.
“I’m sure your Dad will throw over a hoodie or a jacket, right Yifan?” Junmyeon directed a blinding smile his partner’s way, one that promised trouble if he did not do as he was asked to.
“Fine.” Yifan said with a sour expression and left the kitchen.

He was going through his closet when Junmyeon stepped in behind him, hugged him close and placed a kiss on his neck.
“Sorry, I know you want to warn the boy not to hurt Byul and I’m absolutely on your side, but we also both know you’re better at threatening than at really pulling through with a threat.”
“You bite without a single warning bark, so I don’t know who’s worse.” Yifan grumbled into Junmyeon’s direction, yelping when Junmyeon pinched his side.

“But that’s the plan. The nicer and more welcoming we are towards him the more he trusts us. Soon we know his weak spots and how to grab him by the nuts if he s up. He won’t see it coming. Besides, we both know I’m a master in giving people a guilty conscience over abusing my kindness and trust.” Junmyeon added with his eating-people-for-breakfast grin.
“You’re evil and I love you.” Yifan replied and pecked him just as the doorbell rang.
“There he is. Go and choke him with your kindness. I’ll play the stern Dad for the evening.”
Junmyeon hurried out and Yifan turned back to his closet, pulling a comfortable cardigan from it.

He supposed he could shrug it over after giving the boy a short glance at his shirt.