A Mate's Forgiveness

A Mate's Forgiveness
‘Valerie, I’m truly sorry for what I said. This..all of this is has gone by too fast. I think it’s best if I had a break. I just need some time. Just to get my thoughts in order and be a better person for all of you. So that I will never hurt you again. I will see you all soon. Love you all, Bae’

That is what his letter said when I saw it on my pillow. I read it and re-read it several times. I then showed it to the others. Seunghyun had a blank yet sad look on his face. Daesung looked worried yet understanding. I felt sad that he left yet proud that he is willing to redeem himself.

For a while it was weird without him there. Daesung would stare at the room for a long time, Seunghyun would hole himself in the library at times. I would listen to his favorite songs when I practiced dancing. We all dealt with it in our own way. Giving each other space for a bit.

It takes three months for us to interact with each other again. Seunghyun and I read and went to galleries together. Daesung and I would go to the movies and play games at home. We were getting to know each other like new, no more awkward or cold feelings in the air. Seunghyun is smiling and beginning to be his charming bingu self again. Daesung is cracking jokes and opening up, while I am smiling more and falling for them more. Things seem to be getting better. Just still missing that last piece.

We decided that Youngbae has been gone long enough. We set out to look for him, starting with all of the places we usually go to. Then, something told me to try the dance studio we first met in, he was doing a session there to work with the instructors. I remember being awe struck seeing him dance live in front of my class. It makes my decision to go inside more strong.


There he was. Sitting in the middle of the floor. He seems to be taking a breather from dancing a long time. He glances up and looks at us. He’s surprised that we found him and gets up. He starts off by giving me a hug, which I missed dearly. He starts talking about how he has been and asks how we are. Daesung tells him we are here to bring him back home and he gets a doubtful look on his face. He says that he can’t come home, that he’s not good enough yet. A look of fear clear on his face.

Seunghyun rolls his eyes and pulls into a hug muttering 'babo’. Daesung grins and joins the hug calling him silly for thinking that. I join last and give him a peck. Explaining that he is perfect the way he is, that we can work through this together. We simultaneously tell him to come back. He looks stunned for a moment, then he smiles wide and agrees to come back. We each tell him that we love him and missed him so much. He promises that he’ll never do this again and our bond grew stronger. Arriving home, we spent the rest of the day together. Complete once more.

The end.