Prologue

Cross Realm

PROLOGUE

 

 

Yifan sat back in his throne with one leg crossed over the other. His chin rested on his palm as he stared across his throne room. A man in armor that looked recently dented and worn stood in front of the closing doors. They slammed shut, the noise echoing throughout the spacious room. Two guards, both towering over the man and dressed in glossy black armor, stood at his sides. One of the guards shoved the man forward, causing him to stumble and almost trip, but he regained his balance a few seconds later as if nothing happened.

 

Yifan got a much better look at the man as he came closer. His face was covered with dirt and dried blood, his eyes looked like they were swelling up while his bottom lip was split open and bled. Mud caked in his bushy beard and mustache. His hands were bound tightly together in front of him. Yifan gave the man an amusing smirk as he stopped in front of the steps to his throne.

 

"Well, well," Yifan said in his deep, hard voice. " I never thought my Shadow Warrior's would actually capture you." He could see that the man as breathing harder, his dirt stained face turning red.

 

"My father. He told me stories of you when I was but a lad." He began. "About how you and the other guardians slew Naeveron and his Daemon Army and saved Terra from their evil."

 

Yifan rolled his eyes and looked away from the man as he let him continue.

 

"You brought peace to our lands for many generations, and now..." He paused. " Now you've become the same evil that you once destroyed so long ago. I ask you, Yifan the King of Dragons. The Master of the Sky's. I ask you, why? Why did you betray the people of Terra?" Yifan kept his eyes averted.

 

"ANSWER ME, TRAITOR!" The man bellowed

 

Yifan raised a hand when he heard his guards unsheath their weapons. The guards placed their swords back into their holsters. "Why?" He finally asked. "You ask me why I've betrayed you?" Yifan leaned forward moving his leg so both his elbows could rest on his knees. He then looked directly down at the man whose face was nearly purple from yelling.

 

"I never betrayed you, Roland," Yifan's eyes suddenly turned a vicious gold. "You were the ones that betrayed us."

 

Roland screamed and lunged for Yifan only to be tackled to the ground by his guards.

 

"Take him to the dungeons. I'll figure out what to do with him later."

 

The guards picked Roland up off the ground. He thrashed like a mad man in their hold, screaming, calling him a traitor and a daemon and how he and the other guardians would regret betraying the people of Terra. Yifan stood up and watched with no emotion on his face as Roland was dragged back to the entrance, his eyes settling as they  turned back to their normal dark brown color.

 

Another one of his guards came in. "My lord," It said it's voice low and rough. It knelt down before the stairs.

 

"You may speak," Yifan commanded.

 

"I have news of the others. Master Grell believes he has found them."

 

A smile grew on Yifan's face. "Excellent. Tell him to capture them and bring them to me. Alive."

 

"Yes, my lord." The guard then bowed before taking his leave, leaving Yifan in throne room alone.

 

Yifan stepped down and walked behind his throne. He headed down an open hallway were a beautiful, lushes garden lay. In the middle of the garden stood a massive tree. Its trunk was as wide as a house and at lest five times as tall. Its body curved upward like a wave. The trees colorful leaves shimmered in the skylight. From reds to yellows, to blues and purples, the colors shined brilliantly in the sun.

 

Yifan walked down the narrow path leading to the tree. Flowers and grass brushed against his ankles. He stopped just a few feet from it and gazed up at its brilliance. Small, sparkling crystals hung low from the tree's branches as tiny pockets of sunlight broke through the rainbow leaves and beamed down on Yifan's face.

 

"It is almost time," Yifan said as if he were talking to someone standing in front of him. His eyes turned bright gold once again. "Soon we will become one, and finally become truly immortal."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

 

Here we go! The start of a new fanfic :) I'm so super excited to be doing this! I've been wanting to do a fanfic like this for so long, but I felt my writing skills were lacking. Now I feel much more confident in my skills enough to write something like this. While I still need to improve a lot, especially with grammar, I feel like through writing this I will learn so much more about writing!

As of right now, there is no set schedual. I do plan to release chapter 1 either sometime next week or the week after, so keep a look out for it soon!

Thank you all again for reading! :D if you'd like, please sub, upvote and comment! I do take critiques and reviews, so if you'd like feel free to tell me what I did right and what I need to improve on!

See you guys! :D