Chapter 5 [Day 2]

Camp Im

“NO!!! NOOOOO!” Taeyeon screamed as she tried running after the other members who seemed to be running a lot faster than she was. 

 

“Please don’t leave me.”

 

Taeyeon woke up with a jump and sat up in bed, breathing heavily. Luckily for her the other members were not disturbed by her sudden movements. She could tell that it was still dark out and laid back down. 

 

She hoped she wouldn’t have to go through that dream again.

 

Or maybe if it ever happened in real life. 

 

And with that last thought, she closed her eyes and easily fell back asleep, this time dreaming of nothing.

 

***

 

The next morning, Taeyeon woke up first out of everyone, and decided to go for a walk. She needed to pull herself together before the other girls woke up. 

 

She stood from her futon and glanced at Tiffany, Seohyun and Hyoyeon, who she shared the tent with, to make sure they were still asleep. She sighed softly as she watched them sleep for a second before quietly slipping on her shoes and stepping out of the tent.

 

She carefully walked over a few twigs here and there so she would make any unnecessary noise. 

 

She walked alongside the river that was nearby their campsite with her hands in her pockets. She looked around enjoying the nature around her. It had been too long since she felt as relaxed as now. She couldn’t even remember a time where her thoughts weren’t going in circles in her head.

 

“You never could sleep in, could you?” A voice from behind her said.

 

Taeyeon held in a breath and turned around coming face to face with Jessica Jung. She smiled slightly, “Did I wake you up by accident?”

 

Jessica let out a chuckle, “Please Taeyeon-ah, you’re like a mouse.” She walked a little closer to her, crossing her arms as she walked. “I was already awake and my tent was a little open so I could see you walk by.”

 

Taeyeon hummed as she looked at the body of water in front of her. “And here I thought you slept like a log,” she glanced at Jessica before settling her eyes back to the water. “And it appears you decided to follow me. Planning on killing me now that I’m alone?”

 

Jessica scoffed and sat on a nearby tree stump, “Can you stop being a cynic for a second, it’s only me. You can cut the act.”

 

Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica with a confused glare, “What are you talking about?”

 

“Taengoo, I’ve known you for more than 10 years. Do you honestly think I believe this whole “I don’t give a crap about her” attitude you’re pulling right now? I’m honestly surprised Tiffany hasn’t noticed it, heck even all the other members,” Jessica sighed and ran a hand through hair, “Look I came to check up on you, you left pretty quickly last night. Are you okay?”

 

Taeyeon looked at her, shocked, “Did you just call me, Taengoo? I haven’t heard that in such a long time.”

 

“Really? That’s all you gathered from everything I just said?”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “I’m fine. I just didn’t want to deal with Yuri. She hates my guts.”

 

Jessica shook her head at this, “Yul doesn’t hate you, Taeyeon. Sure she might hate what you did, but she doesn’t hate you.”

 

“Please, have you been listening to all the stuff she’s been saying to me,” Taeyeon scoffed as she shifted from one foot to the other. “I couldn’t handle it anymore.”

 

“You still have anxiety attacks, don’t you?”

 

“What?”

 

“Anxiety attacks, you still get them. Even after all these years?”

 

Taeyeon sighed, “Yeah. I am.”

 

“Do the others know?”

 

The leader shook her head, “No they don’t. It’s not like they would listen to anything I have to say now.”

 

There was a silence between them as they listened to the birds chirping in the trees.

 

“Taeyeon-ah?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why did you let me get kicked out of the group?”

 

 

 

[A/N: we’ll stop there for now :) please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Hope you enjoyed :)]