Bad Timing

Loose Mouth

Loud chatters can be heard from every corner as Baekhyun pays no mind to everything. It was biology class and to be very honest, no one gives a about animal s. But teachers gotta teach so Mr. Lee just explains to those who actually pays attention to him. 

Biology class. The class Baekhyun dreads. Everything about this class is just so wrong and taboo for him. It's not because he hates studying, he can tolerate math and anyone that can do math pretty much can conquer the world. It's just that for some reason, he never got good grades for biology, like, ever. He knows it's not because of Mr. Kim, the teacher's really nice to everyone and is willing to explain anytime and anywhere. Maybe it's his brain, he guesses, his brain must be rejecting biology or something because he really have no other non-dumb ideas.

He sighs as he looks at his empty note book. He'll just have to study from his textbook and borrow someone's note book for the next test.

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

Hearing his name being called, Baekhyun looks up and was met with a pair of eyes he absolutely adores. Blood starts to go upwards and redens his cheeks.

"This class is so boring, I'd rather spend time here." Chanyeol shrugs his shoulder and looks at Baekhyun.

Chanyeol. Of course it has to be Chanyeol. And he has to come here and poofs out cheese (most likely unintentioned) and make Baekhyun's brain do sommersaults and even poledance because it's Park Chanyeol people, you can't just not fall for him. His heart beats faster and goes doki doki like in those japanese mangas. But he  tries to calm down, he doesn't want Chanyeol to know he has feeling for him. Not right now, at least.

"You should really stop switching seats with Jongdae. Some time the teachers would notice, you know." Baekhyun chuckles as his eyes slant his usual eye smile.

Chanyeol beamed seeing Baekhyun's smile. "Well, it's Mrs. Kim's fault for not putting us beside each other." Chanyeol attemps a pout but ends up smiling anyway.

Baekhyun's heart goes all doki doki again hearing Chanyeol's reply. And thank lord Jesus Chanyeol didn't keep the pout or he may or may not be thinking of kissing those pair of plump lips that he has been yearning for since who-knows-when-probably-since-he-met-chanyeol-whoops. But alas, he's just a 'friend that he get alongs well with' in Chanyeol's eyes so he didn't exactly have the right to kiss him whenever and wherever. Oops, cue the emo bgm.

"Even if she does, it's not like i'm that interesting. Jongdae's a jokster and Sehun's a natural charmer. You should be hanging out with them more." Baekhyun tries to act casual but in the inside he's silently hoping Chanyeol would deny him and say something along the lines that he's way worth Chanyeol's attention than Jongdae or Sehun.

Chanyeol scoffs. "They may be what you said but they've been ignoring me." Baekhyun was slightly dissapointed by Chanyeol's reply but he's curious of what Chanyeol said. 

"What? Why?"

Chanyeol's gaze focuses on Baekhyun once again as he replied, "Well, apparently it's the season for love or something. The both of them are totally whipped." Chanyeol's face scrunched upwards. "Now that I think about it, it's actually pretty funny. You should have seen Jongdae. He can't even form a sentence in front of Minseok-hyung." Chanyeol's laugh cues soon and it's on of Baekhyun's most favorite thing to see of Chanyeol.

Baekhyun laughed back and to be very honest it has nothing to do with Chanyeol's words. He laughs because Chanyeol laughs. "Well that's new. I didn't know Jongdae has a crush on anybody." Baekhyun said after the laughter went down.

"Actually he's been crushing on Minseok since we first got here. Since Minseok's one of those student union, y'know? Those upperclassmen that gave the freshmen a tour of this school. Something like love at first sight and stuff."

Didn't know Jongdae's the type to fall in love at first sight though, Baekhyun thought as his mind go elsewhere. Imagining Jongade going all senpai-please-notice-me. It's quite hilarious.

"I'm surprised i don't even know my close friend's secret." Baekhyun pretends to be heart broken with the addition of being extra dramatic. Chanyeol laughed at him and Baekhyun laughs seeing Chanyeol laugh because of him. Oh, the things we do when we're in love.

Comfortable silence envelopes the atmosphere as the look at each other.

Chanyeol broke it.

"Speaking of secrets, i don't know yours."

Baekhyun's eyes enlarge in worry. "R-really?"

"Yeah, really. You never tell me your secrets. Tell me, Byun, what's your secret? You surely have one." Baekhyun could hear the curiosity in Chanyeol's voice.

Baekhyun panics.

He really has no secret kept. He likes to be funny and that means he has to be a little bit shameless. And he's a really open person.

Actually, he has one that Chanyeol doesn't know.

The fact that he likes Chanyeol.

Baekhyun's eyes drifted everywhere but Chanyeol. Sweat starts to produce faster and his mind is restless. "U-uh.."

This is not how he imagined his confession would go. But than again, he never planned anything for his confession. Heck he doesn't even plan to confess. He's afraid of how Chanyeol would react. All of their friendship might go to waste.

But he has kept this emotion for 3 years now.

Is it time to confess?

Is this God giving him the signal to confess?

Or is God trapping him into humiliating himself in front of Chanyeol?

 

☆ Fun fact in the middle of the story time! ☆

 Did you know¿? Byun Baekhyun has a loose mouth >~< He absolutely can't keep secrets ° ■ ° Be careful not to tell him important secrets~♡♡

 

Baekhyun's mind goes on auto pilot.

 

"I like you."

 

And he could feel all the blood rushing towards his cheeks. 

All the adrenaline in his veins.

All the hopes building up in his heart.

He squeezes his eyes shut and fists tightened on his lap.

But he also felt regret poking through the walls of hope in his heart.

Because he knows there's a possibility of Chanyeol rejecting him.

And the more he thinks about it, the more the possibility gets bigger.

And now he's starting to regret this.

He could feel his hopes crushing down.

He could feel tears forming on the corner of his eyes.

And now his fists are shaking in fear.

 

But Chanyeol did nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

 

Then the unthinkable happens.

 

The bell rang.

 

"Alright kids! It's nearing your finals so i didn't give you any homework. Do  well on your exam, remember what i have taught you. And go back to your original seats, don't think i didn't see you people changing seats!" All the students went back to their seats as Mr. Kim left the class.

"Chanyeol, dude! Gotta go back, man." Jongdae motioned his hand for Chanyeol to leave. Chanyeol's head snapped, "Oh, uh. y-yeah." he rushed back to his place beside a girl who also has the surname Park.

 

Baekhyun's heart broke as he heard Chanyeol's footsteps going further away.

It all had happened too quickly.

Baekhyun opens his eyes and was met with the sight of Jongdae's back.

And he can't hold his tears anymore. So he let them all out.

The palm of his hand kept on brushing away tears as new ones fall down.

 

Chanyeol had rejected him.

And the worst part is, he didn't even say anything.

 


 

boop beep boop You have reached the author's note.

Was it not angsty enough or did I make you cry?

Turned out real angsty, i didn't plan this tbh. But imma put in the angst tag :P

Why did i cut it off here? i don't know either.

It's between 'my fingers are numb' and 'idk if you guys would even click this story', sooooo------

Comment how you feel and if you want a continuation or not~ 

I'm such a devil ohohohohoho

But even devils needs subscribers and upvotes ;;;;;;) /winkeus aggressively/

Updated 19/06 : I fixed some minor mistakes and decided to continue this if i have the tim to write, but i will continue this. Please be patient and thank you for reading! i hope i was funny enough :))

Subscribers, Upvoters, and Commenters will get credit om the next chapter!

 

hiddensoo