Ladybug + Action Star = ?

When Action Star Meets The Ladybug Mascot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Hello. My name is Lu Han, and right now I'm lying on the ground, because today is the last day of shooting my precious role as an extra in my dream lover's TV series. Obviously and sadly, my role is killed with a fake gunshot on the forehead, that's why I'm on the ground, supposedly dead and it's so hard to accept my fate just like this. Can't this get any better? I seriously need a better way to die in a show, and the only better way that I can think of is dying with my dream lover. Why does he have to live if I'm dead?! Oh right... It's his show. He's the leading role and he doesn't die unlike me, the forgotten extra. This is the faults of being 'just' an extra. 

Well, speaking of my dream lover... He's the action star, Kris Wu. I've been crazy about him lately. As a matter of fact, it's been two years since I started loving him. It was during my third year college when I first discovered him. He was only an extra at that time, but then suddenly, in just a quick glimpse of my ever shimmery eyes, he became the leading role! The success of his career continued after one box office movie. I promised myself then that I would meet him in person, hug him and kiss him! And last but not the least, be in the same movie with him even thouh I assume my crying face would be the ugliest face of all other extras. 

When I finally graduated College, the first thing I did was audition for movies and TV show roles, while I kept telling everyone that my dream was simply to meet Kris Wu. I became a laughable threat to everyone else who auditioned. I even thought that I would never get accepted but then one day, I was called in for an interview.

"What's your talent?" The interviewer asked. 

"Acting, of course." I answered confidently.

"Really? Show me," he asked, as if challenging me. 

"Do you want me to act happy or sad?" I asked hesitantly.

"Depends. Well, what would you do if I don't hire you after all?" He asked with an evil smirk. The old man looked really creepy, I swear. But his face wasn't the reason why I suddenly cried in front of him. 

Yes, I cried. I was called ugly but after I begged him... "Please, please I beg you to accept me! I need this role. I need to see Kris Wu! He's my first love a-and I'd die if I don't see that man! Please." 

"Get out!" The man shouted at me, motioning me to take my leave out of his office.

"No, please!" I went on my knees, oh so desperately. "You can't do this to me! I'm sick. If I don't get accepted even as an extra, I don't think I'll ever make it tomorrow!" The part where I said I was sick was a white lie though. Not that I was sick - or that I wanted to be sick, because no - uh. Dude, I still have to marry Kris Wu. 

"Y-You're sick?" The man couldn't believe it. The disbelief in his eyes was so frightening, I had never felt so wrongful until that time. 

"Yes," I lied. "I uh, I don't have enough time. Please, just an extra role. I promise I will shower you with my blessings...." 

At the end of the day, my white lies worked and I even became friends with the man who hired me. I gave him a box of sushi before going to my first ever shooting with Kris Wu. 

It was only my first day and yet I had been so busy since I had to wear the ladybug mascot costume for eight straight hours. I took off the ladybug head from time to time though, just to watch Kris acting with some guys and then there were some y women, including his leading lady.

 It was also the first time that I saw him holding a gun in person, running around a convenience store, jumping like Jackie Chan, shooting fake bullets at stupid villains and kicking asses like a hero. All I could ever think was him, and his perfection, against my poor ladybug mascot costume. I knew from that moment on that Kris and I were living in different worlds and apparently, his prized world was too high for me to reach, literally. 

The second shooting was a lot better than the first, because finally, Kris Wu's eyes landed on mine.

It was when I was walking down the hallway to find the restroom. I was hugging the ladybug head while walking in my costume, hence, sweating profusely since I found Kris on his phone and walking from the opposite direction towards me. Suddenly, aa heavy weight (champion) bumped into me from behind, sending me stumbling forward, only to fall on Kris Wu's perfect figure. 

It was a moment to remember. It was the right moment to make my first move, and since I was so scared that he'd run away from me, I gripped his shoulder, knocked my forehead on his and bored my eyes into his widened ones. I just wanted him to remember me so I said, "Hi! My name is Xi Luhan and I'm the ladybug mascot!" 

"Get off me," he muttered and I felt like crying inwardly but I had to keep myself under control. At least he won't forget me now that I've introduced myself, I thought hesitantly as I tried to remove myself from him. My costume was heavy though so I had to be removed by his own arms. Love hit me so hard in the chest when he helped me up back on my feet and most especially when he scolded the heavy weight champion who bumped into me (and fortunately, gave me the most unforgetable moment with the best actor Kris). 

"You have to watch where you're going okay?" Kris was saying to the bigger guy who kept on bowing his head and asking forgiveness tirelessly. "What would have happened if you broke this kid's fragile bones?! If it wasn't because of his ladybug costume, he could have ended up in a hospital with one hundred broken bones!" Kris yelled as he pointed at me and I just made a confused and unappealing face.

For a moment, I really admired Kris' bravery and the way he defended and cared for me or my bones - I think. 

"I'm really sorry sir," the big guy apologized again. "I didn't mean to. It won't happen again, I promise."

"Well, good! I'll take my leave then," Kris finished and left after that. I was just standing there in awe before the big guy purposely bumped into me again and even threatened my bones, giving me the chills I didn't deserve. 

"You better leave and stay away from Kris Wu before I break your bones into a hundred pieces..." The big guy murmured into my ears, and then he started laughing like Satan as he walked away from my shaking figure. 

I was so, so scared that I almost peed in my boxers. Thankfully, I managed to get a grip of myself and thought about Kris Wu's safety before mine. That's when the biggest realization hit me. "Could that man be... Kris Wu's hater? Or... A male sasaeng fan?" I asked myself as I felt the agonizing horror swallowing my whole face. "No way... Kris! KRIS!" I started calling his name out of the blue as I searched his dressing room.

That day, I tried to tell him many times but everyone was always in my way! First, his old man manager. Second, his assistant with the big s. Third, his leading lady in the show. Fourth, his other co-stars and then to my utter dismay, the last but not the least, my cousin.

"Wait-" I widened my eyes when I saw my cousin giving Kris a flower. "Ren?" I called silently as I hid behind a tree and watched the intimate scene before my eyes. A mere fan like Ren was talking to a smiling Kris in the huge field. I almost didn't notice that there were other fans following behind Ren, waiting for their turns to give their gifts for Kris. My heart practically broke, as if it was tossed and used for nothing.

I was so devastated that day. I couldn't sleep when I got home. I showered and went to bed, but my eyes were wide open for maybe seven more hours. 

"I wonder what made Ren change his mind," I wondered, talking to the ceiling. "He was not a fan of Kris in College. He always hated his movies and shows. I guess he finally saw the good heart in Kris..." I sighed. "Should I be happy or not? Either way, I still have to protect Kris from that heavy weight champion... I should stop worrying about Ren. He's just a fan. Kris just smiled at him because he's a fan," I tried to make myself feel better, but I ended up whimpering in the dark anyway. My first love and my cousin, why did they have to look so good together? My cousin Ren had always been the beauty, and I've always been a mere ladybug who bugs people. Fate just had to be so cruel to me that it even gave me a role as an extra, hence, a ladybug mascot. 

The third shooting could have been better if Kris recognized me from the previous day which was the day I first introduced myself to him. Unfortunately, when I approached him in my ladybug costume and gave him a cappucino coffee from Starbucks, Kris just gave me that odd look in his face.

"What?" He asked as he looked away from me and focused his gaze on his script. 

"I bought you coffee from Starbucks," I replied, holding out the the coffee towards him. "Please accept it as a token of my appreciation for saving my bones yesterday." 

"Huh?" He shot me a glare. "Who are you? Have we met before?" 

"Eh? U-Uhm," I stuttered. "Yesterday! Remember, the ladybug mascot?" He didn't seem to remember though. Not a chance, so I decided to introduce myself again. "My name is Luhan and I'm the ladybug mascot in your show!" I said, a little louder so he'd stick it to his mind forever and never ask me who I am again. 

"Okay, thanks for the coffee anyway," he simply stated as he gladly took the coffee from me. He had no idea how my heart skipped a beat and how much I wanted to jump higher than the ceiling after that simple interaction with him.

I had to drag myself in the restroom just to jump with glee. 

But then on the fourth day of shooting, he forgot me again. He literally ignored me the whole day I tried to talk to him. I attempted to talk to him again, which was my 50th attempt but still, I failed repeatedly and cruelly. 

I had to stay there  longer than the other extras since my role as the only ladybug mascot in the background was a very important extra. Well, I hoped so but then I figured they just wanted to torture me in that suit even though I wasn't really doing anything special but dance in a coffee shop. 

When it was time to go home, I intentionally passed by Kris' dressing room since I noticed that the light was still open. I peeked inside and found Kris' sleeping on the couch.

I checked for any signs of his manager or assistant: NONE of the above was present. I was more than delighted when I realized Kris was alone, on a couch, sleeping, unaware of his surroundings or of me trying to observe his face thoroughly. 

"Jeez. I really love your face. I love everything you do, and everything about you," I mumbled to myself as I drew his face with my finger within the air. God, I looked so obssessed. Actually, I looked like a sasaeng fan, barging into an actor's room without even knocking the door! "I should really leave..." I was about to leave when I heard footsteps making its way into the room. I abruptly got up and ran towards the door. But then I realized that I'd only get caught if I show up outside. Hence, I scampered to the closet and hid myself inside instead. When I heard the door creaked open, I could 't resist peeping in between the slightly ajar closet doors. 

It was then that I saw the heavy weight champion from before. I could almost feel my eyes popping out with fear. When the big guy placed a bottle of mineral water on the coffee table in front of the couch where Kris was snoozing peacefully, I couldn't help myself from panicking. The big guy was even smiling like a psycho. I almost stopped breathing as I thought 'What if there's poison in that water bottle?!' Then by the time the big guy exited the room, I hurried back to Kris' side and grabbed the water bottle that had Kris' name on it. 

I attempted to leave right away so I could throw the water bottle out, but before I could leave without explaining why I was there in the first place, Kris had already woken up and startled my veins. 

"What are you doing here?" Kris asked with a menacing tone that sent daggers through my heart. "Leave," he ordered angrily, hence, I didn't think twice when I stormed out of the room with the water bottle in my hand because I positively assumed I just saved his life and that was all that mattered. 

I tried to talk to him about it the next day, but he was too busy with his action life and thus, he brushed me off every time he passed me by with his leading lady laughing and holding his arm. Nevertheless, I still brought him a cappucino coffee and left it at the front door of his dressing room. I just assumed he drank it because each and every time I came back to check if it was still there, the coffee would just be missing.

By the time weekend came, I was told not to come anymore but being the stubborn ladybug I was, I still went to the shooting with the coffee for Kris and my ladybug costume

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter