Finding Hidden Treasure - FIN

Hidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Junsu?” Mama kim knocks three times. “Dinner’s ready.”

She coos her youngest son. He tends to skip meal if she doesn’t come up to bring him down by herself. His papa already gives up from his hard headed son. Once Junsu acting out weird, only left the queen who can still handle him.

A figure who clearly shown he just wake up from bed is standing with half-sleeping face. He looks tired and dishevels. Clothe crumples everywhere. The hair is playing funny, poking here and there on Junsu’s head. Mama kim only shakes her head looking at his son. When the son of her is going to grow up? Never?

“Go down ne.” She almost turns his back to kitchen when suddenly she remembers something. “Oh, and Jaejoong came.” She looks at how his son’s tadpole eyes shot opened. “He’s looking for you but looks like you’re sleeping so well. So he left. Only told me to tell you he’s coming.”

Junsu is not looking that good.

“He looks so tired and confused, it seems.”

Eh?

“Is something happen?”

Junsu stays as calm as he can. “No.”

“Okay.” Junsu still refuses to talk. “Get down if you’re ready.”

Junsu nods only to let his mum left him. He cleans up his remnant of dry tears by taking a brief face-washing and joins dinner, still in a not great mood as he said nothing throughout the dinner.

---

“I’m leaving mom.”

“Have a good day dear.”

Junsu closes his house gate and walks to school. He can take it cozily. He has enough spare time to not getting late at school. Junsu is an early riser since two days ago. He can’t get a good sleep that made him to get up earlier. Usually Jaejoong and him will run like crazy to bus station and pushed themselves in into the crowded bus. Anything for not getting late.

Just one block from his house, the call of his name stops him.

“Junsu wait!”

It’s Jaejoong.

The pale man runs to catch up. Junsu knows Jaejoong is not an early riser too but seems it’s not the case today.

“We need to talk.”

It’s what Junsu wants to avoid the most.

“We need to talk Su.” Jaejoong pulls his hand to face him. “We really need. Serious. Talk.”

Both ending at the bench on the nearest park. The two sit down with silence, only children echoing shouts are heard. Junsu keeps silent at whatever the blonde man did. He sits there, just like what Jaejoong requested. But he just doesn’t know what to do anymore.

Jaejoong offers him a can of orange juice but no one stops the silence.

“Uhh..” Jaejoong starts. “I broke up..with Changmin.”

Jaejoong waits for a response back, but nothing. He continues instead. “Well, you know he asked me first for this and I said yes. I mean.. yeah, yesterday I talked to him. I will ask him too –

Junsu’s tap on his shoulder asks him to stop.

“Y-you break up?” Junsu’s clearly confused.

“Hmm.” Jaejoong smile tightly. He had to say the truth to Junsu. “I think this is the right time.”

“B-but you..” Junsu thought Jaejoong still liking Changmin. So why are they break up? “You said you don’t want to…”

Jaejoong knows what Junsu is talking about. Junsu must be heard him and Changmin.

“…sorry. I didn’t mean to..”

“No.” Actually Junsu has the biggest right to know the truth. “I merely agreeing our first agreement. We’re not really dating Su.”

“Eh?” What agreement Jaejoong is talking about?

“Emm. Where should I start? Last month Changmin asked me for your number.”

Huh? Changmin did that? Junsu stares in disbelief.

“He came to me and it felt like I know him before. I realized he is on the photo you bought from the last annual celebration. I knew you must be like him too. And amazingly Changmin knows Yoochun too. They are drinking buddies. It turned out I have met Changmin for a few times but maybe I’m too drunk to remember him.” Jaejoong grins. “So, I have a crush on his friend. And I asked for his help.”

“You what?” Junsu also surprised Jaejoong never told him about this.

“I gave him ideas, about we were dating.” Jaejoong somehow starts to feel guilty. “We could take a look to our counterpart’s reaction. I thought it might help us..you know.. to know about you.”

Junsu’s half-parted lips staring at him in bewilderment.

“I know Junsu. I’m sorry. I don’t think this could be so complicated. I mess things with you and Changmin. I.. I don’t know what to do Junsu. I’m just.. I’m sorry…” He doesn’t know what to do. Junsu stays quiet. Is that means bad? Or good? No. It can’t be good. Junsu must be so angry at him. Junsu has every reason to hate him, to be angry at him too, and to make a great punch of him too. He will take it all, as long it can reduced Junsu’s bad mood on him. He felt sorry.

But Jaejoong doesn’t expect this reaction to come. Junsu’s eyes glisten like pieces of broken mirror.  Junsu is crying.

“J-Junsu…” 

“T-this can’t be..” The pool from Junsu’s tadpole eyes getting heavier and threatens to fall down. “He likes you Jae.. A-and you like him too.” That’s what he believe all this time.

“No Su. He likes you. He loves you.” Jaejoong said with a on Junsu’s back. “Changmin likes you a lot, not me.”

---

Jaejoong thought Junsu will come to Changmin first when they arrived at school, but no. Changmin walks pass in front of them and Junsu only stand still beside him. They didn’t take a glance to another, both perplexed and act stiff. Way too conscious to each other presence. Jaejoong sees how Changmin carefully set their distance, doesn’t want to cause Junsu in discomfort for his existence around them. Yet Junsu doesn’t dare to lay his eyes to the tall latter. Looks like he scared of something.

The first break doesn’t show any improvement too. Junsu stays in class. Changmin goes to canteen with friends. Both didn’t see each other.

And Jaejoong left with a painful pulse again inside his head.

---

“Junsu!” Jaejoong almost running to Junsu’s class. “It’s urgent! Come on!”

“W-what?” Jaejoong pulls him out of nowhere to go to places he doesn’t know.

“It’s Changmin.. he-“ Jaejoong’s breath is uneven from the run.

“Stop. You need to breathe.” Junsu stops their running out of nowhere to make a time for Jaejoong and breath. He won’t be able to talk of they continue their run. It’s Junsu’s turn to pull Jaejoong to the side of the alley. He waits until Jaejoong can speak properly.

“I heard Changmin’s going to teachers room..”

Big question mark appeared on Junsu’s head. “And?” He doesn’t see the connection.

“I heard he will be transferred to Alluroin tomorrow and-

Junsu reacts so fast even before Jaejoong complete his sentence. He smiles secretly, expecting this to succeed making the two together. He had to pay his mistake. He just made the biggest mistake to his best friend.

“Aren’t you over doing it?”

“Shut up Chun. This will be perfect.”

“He will know it, you’re not serious Jae.” Yoochun puts his arm on Jaejoong’s shoulder, looking far away to where Junsu running too.

“Nope he won’t. Unless you tell him, I will kill you right now.”

“Nah. Not interesting to meddle in.” Yoochun shrugs. “Drink tonight? I heard Yunho is coming.”

“In!” Jaejoong said without hesitation. “Is he going alone?”

“I will tell him you’re just broke up and need some make up.” Yoochun’s grin full of meaning.

“Beer on me tonight.”

Both high-fiving, closed down their agreement.

---

Where? Where? Where is Changmin??

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter