Sunshine

Sunshine

Valerie had been training for months for her first championship fight. She would run around town, go to the gym every afternoon, and have a nightly jog with her boyfriend. Winning this fight would mean a lot to her. Currently she is finishing a round with her opponent at the gym. They have been going at it for a while. Sweating and breathing heavily through guard, she threw one last punch and knocked out the other boxer. Her coach have her praise. She went to them and had a small pep talk when she heard a familiar voice cheering for her. Surprised, she turned around and sees her boyfriend. He stood there in some shorts, t-shirt, and a denim vest. With a wide smile that echoed in his eyes, he went up to her and gave her a hug; not minding her sweat. Valerie laughed and asked him what was he doing there. He tells her he had got the day off and came to see her and support her. Smiling she pulled off a glove and ran a hand through his blond hair. She caressed one of the shaven sides and thought of how lucky she was to have him.

They had meet when she was a rookie and he was working out. She had been in the ring when she caught his eye. They started talking and that’s how their relationship began. Her coach called her back to the ring for another bout. Youngbae gave her encouragement and watched her as she got ready and entered the ring again. A new wave of confidence entered Valerie. What ever nervousness was there went away. She knew that she will do great from then on out. On the day of the fight, with a kiss from Bae and her coach cheering her on, she was ready.