Apple Cinnamon

Pieces of Chocolate and Vanilla

 

                The snow had been falling endlessly for the duration of his walk. He ducked into a small coffee shop he frequented and was met with the smell of cinnamon and fresh baked bread. He loved it. Walking to his usual booth he dropped his coat and hat on his seat before strolling over to the counter. He smiled as the man he had been crushing on for months walked over. “Back again, Taecyeon?” He asked with a small eye smile. He was so cute.

                “Of course I am. This is my favourite place.” He said and enjoyed the deep blush on the other’s soft features.

                “The usual?”

                “Got anything new?” He asked as he leaned over to look at the assortment of goods.

                “We have a new Apple Cinnamon tea.” The slender man said as he breezed through a little notebook. “And our baker tried a new éclair recipe.”

                “Sounds good to me.” He couldn’t help the rush of happiness in his chest at the brighter smile on the other’s face. “Say, Nichkhun?” The man turned back before he entered the baking room.

                “Yes?”

                “Why don’t you sit with me? You have lunch break don’t you?”

                He blushed again and he looked away. “I’d like that.”

                Taecyeon thought he could jump for joy. He went back to his seat with a small skip in his step and took his seat. It wasn’t long until the other was out. Gone was his apron and he had his sweater. “Thanks for joining me.” He greeted as the other sat down.

                “Well, I couldn’t be mean and deny your company.”

                “It wouldn’t have hurt my feelings.” Taecyeon laughed.

                Nichkhun smiled at him fondly. “You know I couldn’t...” He said softly and looked out the window. “You come here day after day never asking for more than my company. You know the worst I could say is no.”

                Taecyeon smiled. So he had finally been caught. “Well, I do love your company most about this place. Makes it all the more sweeter.”

                Nichkhun rested his hands around the mug in front of him. Nichkhun used to never sit with him before. He was too shy or he had other customers. The baker actually convinced him. Nichkhun had been so timid and shy. They mainly talked about pursuits of the bakery. Nichkhun looked happiest when they spoke of how well everything was going.

                “Are you going to ask me?”

                Taecyeon snapped to attention. He cleared his throat. “Do you want me to ask you?”

                “You’re the one that started this first...”

                “True, were you waiting for me to ask?” The tell-tale blush gave the other away. “Will you go out with me?” The blush reddened quickly and Nichkhun faced him fully.

                “What took you so long?” He asked bashfully.

                Taecyeon laughed. “I’m a lazy cat.”

                “A lazy cat who loves tea and baked goods.”

                “Then I guess we’re the perfect match.” Apple cinnamon tea became his favourite reminder of the memory of this day.