Like A Movie

Pieces of Chocolate and Vanilla

Inspired by: Like A Movie - 2PM

                The dial-tone met his ear with an unwelcome feeling. He gnawed at his lip incessantly and looked outside. He knew he had upset him. Why did he think Taecyeon would answer? He looked at his phone and hit the call button once more. Nothing again. ~On the way home.~ He texted with resigned manner. He proceeded to dress himself for the walk home.
                The cool air nipped at his cheeks. The sky was lit barely now by the setting sun. It was solemn looking, however, not warm. The clouds were varying shades of grey and purples. He didn’t feel comforted at all. He thought back to the morning.

                “You need a break, Nichkhun. Why not just rest?”
                “I have to do this. It’s work. You know how important it is to me.”
                “But at the cost of your health, I really disagree. You’ve been going through more than enough lately.”
                “I know that! But...I just can’t, Taecyeon. I need to get this done.”

                He has stormed out after that. He knew Taecyeon was right. He had been running away from everyone. Hiding away, focusing on his work. Brushing his hair away he snuggled more into his scarf. He was tired. The music from his headphones blared in his ear. The soft tones soothed him only a little. The cars whizzed by, largely without care. What was he doing? This wasn’t worth everything. His eyes burned a little and he looked down the side-walk. Only one other person was walking.
                Their gait looked like Taecyeon’s. Great. Now he was imagining things. How silly would that be? He looked away and took a deep breath. He just wanted to be at home, curled up in his bed. There was nothing else he needed to do. He went to his division’s director and asked for his vacation time.

                “Of course, Horvejkul! You’ve been working like a mule lately. I know someone else who’ll appreciate it too.”

                He had never blushed so hard after that. Well, except for those intimate things Taecyeon did. But it was something his director didn’t need to express. His body warmed with the thoughts of his boyfriend. Looking again down the sidewalk he focussed on the other person, their form, their clothes, their face. His heart raced a little bit more. “Couldn’t be...” Then he came into focus. Nichkhun came to a stop at the cross walk. So did he. That same goofy smile played on his lips.
                A weak smile made its way on his lips. His eyes burned a little with tears. Why couldn’t the seconds go faster? As soon as the light changed he was moving. Taecyeon held out his hand when he was close enough. “I didn’t think you’d come and meet me...” He said softly.
                “Well, I figured you’d be coming this way. And, I thought maybe you’d like some company.”
                Nichkhun let himself be pulled into Taecyeon’s side. Warm lips touched his forehead. “I’m sorry.” He said without any hesitation. “I-”
                “Shh, let’s just go home.” 
                The weather didn't seem to matter anymore; not the dark clouds, or the cool air. 
                “ ‘kay.” He said as they started off. “Thank you, Taecyeon.”
                “No need, but, I am wondering something.”
                Nichkhun looked up slowly. “Yes?”
                “Do I have to restrain you to the bed next time?”
                He flushed but smiled anyway. “Maybe...”
                Their lips met briefly.“You know I will.” Taecyeon warned as he held him tighter.
                He chuckled. “I’ll look forward to it.” He said with a smile.