Two Wounded Souls

Two Wounded Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS: The words in BOLD are the song lyrics.

Tiffany's : I Miss You So Much Taeyeon's: Don't Do That

 

The hardest part of breaking up is how to move on with your life even after something important is taken away from you.

"If you break up with me and leave, what am i supposed to do?! I have built my life around you. Now you tell me, what should i do, Taeyeon-ah?" Tiffany trying hard to muffled her sobs. Her legs losing its strenght, causing Tiffany to knelt down on the floor with her uncontrollably shaken shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon flatly replied as she takes step further and further away from the crying girl. She keeps on walking, leaving her ex girlfriend's house without even once turning around to spare a glance at Tiffany.

 

(One month later..)

"Kim Taeyeon, how are you today?" Tiffany softly whispered to no one as she looked outside the window in her room. It's been a month, and the wound is still as fresh as the first day. It's been a month, and it's still hurt Tiffany severely. Who said time could heal everything? They are totally wrong because for Tiffany, time didn't make it hurt any less.

Tiffany continued her monologue as tears start to rolling down her face..

"I tried live a day without you, and that day was the hardest day in my life. My body is aching so badly, as if it's wounded, but no, there's no single wound on it. If only the wound is visible, i can at least try to cure it with some oinment. The air around me get up and i found it hard to breathe. But when i looked around, i saw the others can breathe normally, as if nothing is wrong. Maybe i should try to. Try to breathe normally as if nothing is wrong when in fact i'm gasping hard for air. I tried to fall asleep without you. But the bed where i lied on felt so strange to me. It looks bigger, it feels colder. It seems lifeless and sad, just like me. Tears are my only friend."

*********

 

"Fany-ah, let's go out with me and Yuri tonight." Jessica persuaded her friend.

"Nah, i'll pass." Tiffany said as she keep focusing on her work, typing documents that need to be send immediately to her supervisor.

"Tiffany Hwang, please. You can't keep drowning yourself into misery like this. You need to move on with your life. Yuri will bring her friend too. Who knows the two of you can be something more than friend." Jessica for the nth time trying to set up Tiffany on a date with someone so she can forget her ex faster. She missed her bestfriend's bubbly self. This new version of Tiffany is just so depressing to see.

"Jess, you know i've tried. I tried to forget her and move on with my life. I've been telling myself for more than thousand times that i can forget her and move on. But who am i kidding." Tiffany sadly chuckled.

For the first two weeks, Tiffany pretend to be okay. She laughed as if she is alright. As if she already forget about her wounded heart. She went out with friends, having few shots of alcohol drink, she watched movies in cinema, trying to ignore the emptiness in her heart, trying to ignore the vacant seat on her right, the place where Taeyeon used to sit on. Since it was dark inside the cinema, no one will realize if she shed some tears. So she did.

"I miss you, Taeyeon-ah. Sometimes it's just too hard to bear. I miss you more today. All day long, you were there in the back of my mind. I stood still on the street we used to walk on together. My heart was racing in anticipation, in case you will show up. I keep looking out for you as i wander. Hoping God is kind enough to let me see you again even just from afar, even without you knowing." Tiffany mumbled as more tears falling down, wetting her cheeks.

**********

 

Just like the other days, Tiffany found it hard to sleep. And she knows why. So she decided to go to the nearest Soju House that she often visited ever since the painful break up she was going through, to have some drinks to make her feel sleepy, to make her forget her pain temporarily.

Tiffany let herself to get drunk with alcohol, drunk with memories. Just like in the drama, where the main actress get herself drunk and waiting for the main actor to come and bring her home. Can't Tiffany too at least hoping for Taeyeon to come and bring her home too?

***********

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma, Where is she?" Tiffany trying hard to lifted up her heavy aching head once she heard that familiar gentle voice. She can't help but smile like a fool at the person in front of her.

"I know you will come." Tiffany slurred as start to lose her consciousness. She slowly closed her eyes and everything went black after that.

"Please don't get hurt, paboya.. because your tears will shake me up all over again." The stranger sadly mumbled as she hold back her tears. A lone tear finally dropped as she looked at the unconscious girl in front of her. She looks miserable. They both are.

***********

 

The next day, Tiffany woke up with her head aching so badly, as if someone's hammering her head. She runs toward the bathroom once she feels like puking. Everything seems blur for Tiffany. She didn't remember anything from last night. She didn't even remember how she can managed to go back to her apartment by herself. It's even weirder because she dreamed about Taeyeon last night. In her dream, Taeyeon carrying her in bridal style and tucked her to bed. The dream felt so real. But no matter how real it feels, Tiffany know there's no way her dream was real. There's no way Taeyeon will come and take care of her because Taeyeon is no longer care about her. At least that's what she thought is true.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, i know you're a good kid. I also know you love my daughter so much. But i really can't give my blessing for you two. You're still so young, you even haven't finish your college. While my daughter already worked hard for years. And her age now is very suitable to settle down and get married. It's not that i'm underestimating you or what, it's just i want the best for my one and only daughter. If she has to wait for you to be completely ready, how many year more she has to spend? So i beg you, Kim Taeyeon. Please let her go." Mr. Hwang said with somehow a guilty look in his eyes.

He's going to separate two people who loves each other so much. But as a father, he knows this is the right thing to do. The between his daughter and Taeyeon is quite big. Tiffany already in her late 20s while Taeyeon just turned 21 years old this year. Taeyeon still struggling with her college life as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter