2/5

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A few weeks ago

 

“Come on open your eyes,” He hovered above his lover and shook his shoulders “It’s still raining, wake up!”

The brunette covered his face with his hands and rubbed his eyes as he let out desperate cries “This isn’t happening”

It was still dark outside and from the sound of it, it’s raining heavily and staying in his warm and dry bed seems a better option for him.

“Yes it’s happening!” Jaejoong laughed at him and shook him again “You promised, come on.”

Instead of waking up, Yunho looked at Jaejoong for a second, and then he threw his arms around his neck and pulled him down and covered him with the blanket despite the younger’s struggles.

“How about we just go back to sleep”

“Yunho~!”

But Yunho didn’t let go and still held him tightly “Who would run under the rain?”

“You and me!”

“Yeah right, you can run alone because I have a lot of work and I can’t get sick.”

To Yunho’s surprise, Jaejoong actually left the bed and stuck his tongue out at him “Fine I’m going to run alone, but remember, tomorrow you have to run for one extra hour because you didn’t today.”

The brunette rolled his eyes at his boyfriend’s behavior and threw his head back on the pillow “You’re actually going to run under the rain?”

“I’m just going to do my daily exercise while you can go to sleep now.”

With that being said, Jaejoong left the room because he was already dressed up before waking Yunho. The brunette sighed deeply and went to wash up before Jaejoong leave because he knew Jaejoong’s routine before they go out for running and that would buy him some time.

In just five minutes he was ready and ran down the stairs to catch up with Jaejoong, but he didn’t find him anywhere. So he ran out of the house door after pulling his hoodie over his head although he knew it won’t do much for him to protect him from the rain.

Once he crossed the door, he spotted Jaejoong right about to open the main gate to go out and he just shook his head. Now he realizes he wasn’t supposed to promise him yesterday that if it was still raining they will run as if it wasn’t. He should’ve promised something else instead of getting wet and cold.

“Yah Kim Jaejoong!”

The younger turned back and saw Yunho running towards him and he smiled, he knew Yunho wouldn’t break his promise. He opened his arms to him with a wide grin and caught Yunho between his arms once he reached him, he was already trembling although he just went out and didn’t get fully wet.

“I thought you preferred your warm bed over running under the cold rain.”

“Yeah my warm bed turns cold once you’re out of it”

The younger chuckled and pulled his head back from Yunho’s shoulder “I will forever wonder where you get these cheesy lines.”

This time it was Yunho who pulled Jaejoong to his arms and hugged him as tight as he could, hoping to get some warmth. He nuzzled the younger’s neck as he pressed soft kisses on the soft skin.

“Are you trying to get me back and forget your promise?”

Yunho smiled against Jaejoong’s neck when the soft whisper reached his ear and he knew his plan failed because Jaejoong is aware of his games but he shook his head “Never.”

The brunette didn’t stop the kisses as he reached Jaejoong’s ear and took it between his lips while his hands pressed Jaejoong’s back to the wall, who willingly threw his arms around Yunho’s neck and playfully pulled down his hoodie to let the cold drops wet his hair. In response, Yunho bite on Jaejoong’s earlobe and didn’t let go till he heard his laugh and felt his hand pulling his hair to let him go.

Jaejoong pulled his head from Yunho and pressed their foreheads together as the drops of rain ran between their faces “You know what I think? We should actually go back to bed and make you feel warm instead of staying here.”

Yunho smirked at the suggestion, maybe his plan didn’t fail after all. He pressed his lips against Jaejoong’s and was about to go deeper with the sloppy kiss but stopped when he heard Jaejoong’s painful groan.

“Ah…! What the hell is this?”

Yunho took Jaejoong’s hand in his to take a better look at the dripping blood and then looked at the wall where Jaejoong’s hand was “It’s a nail,” He looked at his boyfriend’s face and his annoyance was obvious “Are you okay?”

Jaejoong gave a light nod as he eyed the back of his hand and saw the line of blood “Yeah it didn’t hurt that much, I was just surprised.” Then he looked at the wall and saw the small nail “I always forget to take this thing out, I’m sure I’ll remember it now.”

The brunette chuckled and dragged Jaejoong behind him back to the house and closed the door once they were in.

“I hope that didn’t kill your mood”

“I’m bleeding here and all you can think of is having ?” He scoffed but then grinned and pushed Yunho back till he fell on the sofa “But it didn’t”

Before Jaejoong could kiss him further, Yunho grabbed his wrists and pushed him up lightly “Let’s deal with this before it gets infection”

The younger smiled and gave a nod then leaned his head to press his lips against Yunho’s and pulled back to look straight in his hazel eyes as he whispered softly “I intend to love you till I die, Jung Yunho”

Yunho felt the warmth spread in his chest as he smiled too and thumped Jaejoong’s wet lips “I’ll take that as a promise from you, Kim Jaejoong”

 

Present time

 

He blinked his eyes open and was welcomed by the white ceiling and sighed deeply, this is a reality not a dream it seems. He was about to pull his hands to rub his eyes but stopped when he felt the weight on his hand. He looked down and saw him holding on his hand and his head fell over as he was sleeping soundlessly. His tired features formed a deep frown as he pulled his hand robustly, causing the brunette to open his eyes immediately.

Once Yunho’s eyes fell on Jaejoong, his gaze soften and wanted to smile, but he held it back, this isn’t the Jaejoong he knows. Just a few minutes ago he was looking at his lover’s pale face, it been hours and he was still sitting in the same position, just looking. He just wanted to sit beside him because he’s not sure if he’s going to be able to do that once he opens his eyes. All he wanted this week is for Jaejoong to open his eyes, but now he’s not sure if he wanted him to, he’s just afraid of what’s going to happen next.

“Should I call the nurse?”

“Why? So she can put me back to sleep till you figure what to do with me?”

Yunho shook his head as he felt something clenching in his chest at the harsh tone. Their earlier confrontation didn’t end up well when Jaejoong ended up by punching him and refusing any touch from him and the nurses had to put him back to sleep.

“I have questions.”

Yunho nodded immediately, all he wants is to talk to Jaejoong and explain everything to him because only god knows how much time it will take him to come back.

Jaejoong swallowed heavily as the thought of his brother popped in his mind “My brother, is he really... I mean.. what happened to him? H-how... how did he...”

This was Yunho’s biggest fear, to have to explain this to Jaejoong, he remembers how devastated he was at that time and the idea of going through this all again hurt him.

“It was years ago, they had a car accident and passed away immediately. You don’t have to think about this now, we can talk about it later”

Yunho could see the tears forming in Jaejoong’s eyes as he tried hardly to hold it back “They? Who are ‘they’?” his voice cracked and he stared at the ceiling “His wife too? Boram is dead?”

Yunho tried to reach for Jaejoong’s hand but the later pulled it back before he does and that was another pullet shot to his heart by his lover “Please don’t be like this, you need to rest and not to think about this now”

But Jaejoong ignored his pleads and wiped his tears away, he looked at Yunho, almost glaring actually as his tone changed again “What about you? How come I ended up with you? What did you do?”

At this topic, Yunho felt he would crack and tear up immediately if Jaejoong decided to throw hard comments on him. He shook his head as he dared to look at Jaejoong through his harsh glares “I didn’t do anything, Jaejoong I don’t want to talk about this or explain anything to you, I want you to take some time with therapy and-”

Jaejoong shook his head and cut Yunho off “I don’t want to go to therapy, I don’t want to remember you.”

His heart skipped a beat at the clear statement, his biggest fear turning to reality as his voice stuttered to come out “What do you mean?”

Jaejoong turned his head to look right in his eyes as he confidentially stated “I mean I don’t want to remember a life you’re part of, I’m trying to forget about you ever since you left and you want me to remember you?”

“Jaejoong please don’t be like this.”

“Maybe I forgot for a reason, don’t you think? Maybe I hated you to the point I wanted to leave you.”

, that hurt. Yunho looked down, not wanting to insult his pride by dragging this conversation further. And to his luck, the door opened and the doctor came along with the two nurses from before.

“I hope you’re feeling better now Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything and the doctor sensed something by the look at Yunho’s face. She cleared as she approached the two. She took Jaejoong’s hand in hers to measure his pulse and smiled once she released his hand.

“What’s this?” Jaejoong narrowed his eyes as he noticed a thin line on the back of his hand that looked oddly familiar.

When Yunho saw what Jaejoong was referring to, he looked at the doctor who seemed to wait for an answer as well because Jaejoong didn’t take his eyes off it at all “This is just a cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter