1/5

Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A week ago

 

"We're hungry here, where are you?"

He chuckled over the phone as he kept his eyes on the road but still could imagine his lover's pout "I'll be there in a few more minutes." He assured and smiled as his eyes took glances at the packs of pizza on the back seat. This is the family night where they were supposed to watch movies and it was the only night they are allowed to have fast food on dinner, and this is why he got calls every minute or so from his kids to check where he was and why is he late.

"Yunho" with a short sigh, he called his lover's name and felt butterflies in his stomach when the later answered with a warm 'yes'. A small smile formed on the man’s rosy lips as his hands tightened around the wheel "Remember the letters I always told you I burned when we broke up?"

"What about them?"

He could sense Yunho's tone stiffen at the mention of that topic, he knows how much he dislikes it and he understands why, but he feels this is something he has to say and forget about hurting his pride.

"Actually, I neve-

 

Present time

 

He sighed deeply and threw his head on the seat. His eyes looked at the road with an absent mind, he became to hate the road to the hospital that seemed like a trip to hell. Watching his lover's body lying on the hospital's bed, lifeless, made his heart shutter to pieces.

He got an unexpected call from the hospital, telling him that his lover woke up before the time they were supposed to wake him in and he left everything and went there. He doesn't want him to feel alone when he wakes up so he has to be there for him.

He rubbed his eyes and tried to smile a bit, this hell was going to end soon and they will be back together like how they used to be. Of course this accident will change his look about the things he treasures the most and he believes he will be more careful when it comes to take care of his family but this is the way things has turned to. He has to admit later to his lover that he’s scared that life may take things suddenly from him just like how he felt when he got the call about the accident and that’s why he will try to take advantage of every minute they have together.

He parked his car and stepped out immediately, running to the hospital's entrance. He remembers the room so he doesn’t feel the need to ask the reception, but once the nurses noticed him they ran after him immediately as if they were waiting for him.

"Oh Mr. Jung!"

He stopped and remembered the nurse who always was there when he’s in his lover’s room to check on him. He turned to her although he didn’t have any interest to hear what she want to say, he’s sure she just want to congratulates him but that’s not the time for it. He just wants to see his lover.

"Where is he now?"

The nurse motioned her friend something and the later went away immediately. Yunho didn't care or pay attention to it, he had one thing in his mind, his lover.

"The doctor wants to see you first sir."

"No, I want to see Jaejoong first then I'll see the doctor." He argued but the nurse grasped his arm to stop him and he was about to push her away when the other nurse came again, along with Jaejoong's doctor.

"Yunho-ssi, please come with me first."

The brunette sighs deeply, why would they try to stop him if Jaejoong was okay and perfectly healthy just like how they told him?

"Did something happen with him?” He turned to fully face the doctor with a firm expression he hide behind it his fears “You have to tell me, don't lie to me please!"

The doctor gave a light squeeze on his arm to calm him down "He's physically okay, but please come with me, we have to talk about his condition first."

He didn't argue anymore. He just gave a nod and followed the doctor to her office.

 

***

 

"Please take a seat."

Yunho didn't have to be told twice, he did as she said and decided not to argue more. If being quiet is what’s going to let him see Jaejoong soon he will be quiet and end with this soon.

"Mr. Kim is physically okay just like I said before," She took a very deep breath as if she was preparing herself for something bigger "The problem is within his brain."

Yunho's heart skipped a beat at the hearing of that. He felt his head getting dizzy yet he tried to calm down and understand more "You just said he woke up!"

"Please calm down sir, Mr. Kim is okay-

"Then what the hell is the problem? Don't drag this much longer, I can't take this anymore!"

The doctor was startled when Yunho slammed his fists on her desk, she gave a short nod as if she was finally surrounding to the man’s wishes.

“The police have explained the accident as you were aware of the very small details of the injuries.” She looked at him finally and threw the bomb she was holding all this time on his face "It seems that the hit on his head caused amnesia."

A minute passed and the room was filled with silence the doctor didn’t expect at all. She tilted her head, waiting for something from Yunho but nothing came.

“Mr. Jung?”

Yunho seemed lost as he shook his head "What? I don't understand."

The doctor gave a nod, she understands Yunho’s situation. He wasn’t the first and she’s sure he won’t be the last.

“We told him you were on your way but he didn’t seem he was following what we said at all and our suspicions were confirmed. Mr. Kim indeed suffers a memory loss but we still don’t know if it was temporary and would be back with the help of therapist or if it would last longer.”

“I don’t understand” He whispered again, still not believing what he just heard.

"We had the time to ask about the specific things he may remember and from what we got, he doesn't remember anything happened after the 3rd of July 2005. He even remembered what he did yesterday specifically but of course I’m not sure if it was actually what he did or the memories mixed up in his brain."

“God please don't" The brunette looked up, he took a deep breath but nothing made him calm down.

"Would you like to see him now? He’s expecting you and he have a lot to ask."

"I can't," He shook his head with a soft whisper and the doctor moved from her desk to sit next to him

"Even if he doesn't know you, he has to go with you to his normal lifestyle and help him to remember, along with therapy he might remember."

Again, Yunho shook his head and covered his face with his palms "I can't,"

"We will be there with you too when we introduce the two of you."

"I can't,"

The doctor sighed deeply at Yunho’s unexplained behavior that doesn’t reflect his actions from a few days ago "Why?"

"I can't," He shook his head as he looked down with a heavy feeling on his chest "I broke up with him when we were 20, I left him and broke his heart when we were 20. And now he only remembers that, he doesn't remember anything else. How can this happen? July 2005? That was a few months after we broke up. I just can’t.”

"I see," The doctor gave a nod, finally understanding the reason of why could this seem as a heavy mission on Yunho "Is there a specific reason why would he remember this date specifically?”

“I don’t know, he never talked about what happened with him after we broke up.” He was looking down as if the world’s sadness gathered around him. What did he ever do to deserve this?

Suddenly, an idea popped in his mind when he remembered and he looked at the doctor again "Right before the accident, he was talking about the time after I broke up with him, he wanted to say something but the line went dead and I never knew."

 

***

 

He covered his face with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter