5 (Onkey)

SHINee Drabble Galore!

Prompt (for leetaeminmom): Kibum agrees to design Jinki's outfit for his solo debut stage.

Hope you enjoy dear! :)


 

Jinki nuzzled his face closer into the crook of his boyfriend’s neck, his lips forming a small pout and oh-so-carefully brushing against Kibum’s tanned skin. It had been an hour into their minor spat, and Kibum had taken to ignoring the older boy in favor of paying attention to the French soap opera on the TV in front of them. 

 

“Kibummieeee~” Jinki whined, curling his fingers into the front of Kibum’s pajama shirt (well, really it was Jinki’s but they both knew that Kibum had jurisdiction over both of their wardrobes). Kibum stared resolutely ahead at the screen of the television, the only clue that he had heard Jinki was the subtle clenching of his jaw. It took a few more minutes of Jinki running his palms along Kibum’s sides, trailing kisses gradually lower down his neck before Kibum finally gave in, squirming away from the elder and gently brushing away Jinki’s hands. 

 

“For the last time Hyung, I’m not going to design your outfit for your debut stage.” Jinki sighed, having heard this multiple times already. 

 

“Okay, but why? You’re the best designer I know, and it would really mean a lot to me. I mean, if you really don’t want to, I won’t force you..” Jinki sat back, resigned. Kibum tried his best not to glance over at his boyfriend, really really tried. But it didn’t take more than five seconds for his will to break, his heart immediately lurching as he saw the melancholy look on Jinki’s face. 

 

“Oh, Jinki..babe no, please don’t cry.” Kibum swung his leg over and sat down carefully in Jinki’s lap, wiping away the few stray tears threatening to spill over onto his boyfriend’s cheeks. Kibum fussed over Jinki a little longer, intermittently peppering kisses all over Jinki’s face in order to get a smile back on his face. 

 

Jinki eventually gave in, a small smile cracking his somber expression. Kibum knew he was forgiven, momentarily, as Jinki’s arms wrapped around his waist and drew him close to his chest. Kibum laid his head down on Jinki’s shoulder, noting offhandedly that their positions from earlier had now been switched.

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to design it Jinki, in fact I feel honored that you’d even ask me to do so. It’s just…it’s your solo debut stage, ya know? And I don’t want your big night to be ruined from an amateur design flaw, I could never live with myself if I let you down,” Kibum admitted, worried as to how Jinki would respond. The silence that stretched on after his confession made the nerves in Kibum’s chest grow with every passing second.

 

Out of everything he could’ve imagined however, his boyfriend bursting out in a fit of giggles was not one of them. 

 

Kibum leaned back a bit, staring at Jinki with befuddlement. 

 

“I’d really like an explanation for your amusement Hyung.” Kibum narrowed his eyes, pointedly poking Jinki in the side to try and get the older boy to focus.

 

Jinki seemed to sober up after a bit, but the mirth was still swimming in his eyes.

 

“Kibum, you don’t need to worry about anything like that. I have faith in your skills. Plus, we’ll do dress rehearsals beforehand so we can make any adjustments then.” Kibum could only blink owlishly, looking as if the idea of a dress rehearsal had never occurred to him. “Oh.”

 

A beat of silence passed between them before Kibum smirked.

 

“So how do you feel about leather, Hyung?”

 


A/N: If you guys liked this or have anything to critique, I always appreciate comments! :) If you'd like to request a fic feel free to message my account on here or in the comments down below! Thank you guys so much for all your support and love <3